Status
Not open for further replies.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
I make a point of using PayPal for everything vape related because I know that PayPal will side with the buyer as opposed to seller should any problems arise.

But... I have found something I want so bad but they don't use PayPal. The firm is a registered supplier of the company, who's product I want. So I would imagine they are safe.

Would you input your own card number these days or would you rely on PayPal (or similar company)?

Thanks

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
I did start using a prepaid card (Google Wallet) but since Google dropped that program, I've been lackadaisically looking for another prepaid reloadable card without any fees.
BlueBird debit card. Has never cost me a single cent. I use it for online shopping and to send money to anyone else who has one. Google it.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I make a point of using PayPal for everything vape related because I know that PayPal will side with the buyer as opposed to seller should any problems arise.

But... I have found something I want so bad but they don't use PayPal. The firm is a registered supplier of the company, who's product I want. So I would imagine they are safe.

Would you input your own card number these days or would you rely on PayPal (or similar company)?

Thanks
I won't be using my credit card online again unless it's a reputable US company (and maybe not even then) especially for China purchases, soon after a 3F vape and a US purchase someone just charged over 600 on restaurant supplies on my card so stopped that payment and waiting on a new card. I use PayPal for fasttech and anywhere else and never a problem there. The definition of insanity would be using your debit card online.

Last edited:

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I found out that my bank has a reloadable prepaid Mastercard, and since I have an account there's no fee to open, no fee to load, and no monthly fees. Not tied to my checking account, and its protected, so I am probably going to get one of those for online purchases.

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
Can't find out. It says; Credit card (authorise.net)
I can send an email to ask but I think I'll just use the prepaid tomorrow and risk it.
Like I said. They are a registered supplier of the co. I want to buy from but they are sold out of this particular product.
PM me the url, ill take a gander for ya

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
The last two incidents I had with online shopping involved two of my credit cards, and in both cases the credit card company called ME shortly after they blocked the transaction.

YMMV.
I've gotten to the point, of using a prepaid visa gift card to pay for vaping, after our debt card was compromised.

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
I did start using a prepaid card (Google Wallet) but since Google dropped that program, I've been lackadaisically looking for another prepaid reloadable card without any fees.
I'm willing to pay the fee, under $5 just to use it and not have another nightmare on our hands. I usually do $100 at a time on cards.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
BOA has a service called SafeShop. Not tied to your checking acct but to your BOA credit card. It creates a temp cc number you use to shop online with and the vendor sees it as a regular cc. Never have to give your real cc number out to anyone to shop online. I just put in the amount of my purchase and they generate the actual number to give to the vendor Good for only one merchant one sale. If you have several online purchases you have to create another temp number for each vendor purchase.

I love this. Just switched to them because I was tired of getting my visa hacked. My hacked visa was from one bank and the only one I had any problems with. So at BOA you can choose if you want visa or master card. I have never had any problems anywhere with master card.

my 2 pennies

:)
eta and it is totally free, no additional charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread