Wrapping a 20700 battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dropmyload

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2017
Not sure how it happened, but one of my new Ijoy Captain batteries has a tiny (2mm) nick in the wrapping. Its only 4 days old but sh*t happens I suppose.

I was thinking of just using some insulating tape to cover it since its so tiny, is that wise?

Have no idea where to get 20700 wrappers, or even how to wrap...most info on the net is about 18650 batteries.

Can anyone help?

Reactions: stols001

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Some battery sections of certain mods are just known for eating wraps. It happens as you put them in and remove them. Sometimes the usually springy negative will loosen up and it becomes easier to put them in and remove, hopefully with less wrap damage. Where is the tear/nick you're concerned about, the positive or negative end?

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
If it's a really small nick you can get away with still using it. If it's large enough to read the print on the white insulator, rewrap.

I'm kidding there's nothing printed on those insulator disks, but if you have exposure of that area you do run the risk of actually damaging that insulator and that's a bad, bad thing, leading to a short.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread