wtcrap is that awful taste?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tattoogirl

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2011
illinois
I bought some dekang and high caliber liquids (have since bought some pinkspot and going to try out other juice vendors) but what in the world is that awful chemically taste in the dekange and high cal liquids? I would really like to avoid it like the plague. Is it a certain ingredient that these 2 have in them? All of them have it. I am pretty new to vaping and trying to figure out what liquid i like
My pink spot liquids do not have it and omg the watermelon is yummy! and jamaica me crazy mmmm good.
Thanks!
Brandie

thehangdude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
Many people taste the chemical tastes, many don't. I am one that does, and I feel for you. Try putting the juices away for a week or two and revisit them later. It might help.

I have had luck with many of the vendors here on ecf. I saw you posted on Quicknic's thread, and their juices are clean. Another vendor near you is Goodejuice, out of Chicago. Copper Creek is one I just tried, and they have some good natural flavors. Lemonade and Raspberry Danish are very good from them.

I have tried a bunch of vendors trying for that elusive all day vape. Quicknicjuice's Cinnamon Red Hots is surprisingly the closest I've found (surprisingly because I'm not a big red hots fan). You might try Bounty Hunter by Nitelitevapor, or SweetTart or Hype from AlienVision.

My suggestion is to find reviewers that are close to your tastes. Dog and Clay, pbusardo, DJ and Dangerous Dan...
Or go to the New Members Forum and check out some juice suggestions threads.

And if steeping does not get the chemicals out, you can give them away in the PIF threads. Pay It Forward - PIF

edit: ouch, I just went and checked out PinkSpot's prices. WOW, they ain't cheap!

Last edited:

tattoogirl

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2011
illinois
yeah their prices arent pretty at pinkspot lol but the watermelon is really really good. Not sure I could completly give up my camels with it but ill find that all day vape soon. Cut down from 30ish to 6 in the last 3 days. not bad :) I ordered some Ms T's but shes pretty $$$ too. (blueberry and the strawberry cheesecake, snickerdoodle and her twinkie one) I am super excited to try quicknic as they are so close I could almost drive up there :) do u know if they have a storefront? would be fun to try stuff out. Ill keep looking and buying lol until i find what i love and then keep looking and buying to figure out what my husband loves too

thehangdude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
Not sure if he has a store front, but he has delivered before. They will be back Monday, and if you like Watermelon you will love the Watermelon Rancher. Its like a slap to the face! Just send him a pm, and I am sure he will let you know about pickups or deliveries. Heck, you might be able to talk him into having a get together of local vapers.

I'm only three hours away. Wonder if he'd deliver here.

tattoogirl

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2011
illinois
ooo but i did follow your suggestion and get some sample bottles from goodejuice. Got English Toffee, Kamikaze, Cinnamon Rolls, bubblegum, butterthumbs, congo craze, coffee and cream, hawaiian punch, mountain mist, cherry (omg would love a good fruity non medicine cherry), double chocolate and ice cold menthol. As you can tell i really have no idea what we will like most. I figured i would try some tobacco stuff but think i am leaning more towards fruity for me. any news on these flavors?

thehangdude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
I am not sure what the chemical taste is, but some think it has to do with the nicotine base. It seems that a vendor either has it, or doesn't. Sometimes it will go away with steeping. I avoid certain vendors because of that taste (or even rumors of that taste). Some people say Halo has the best juices, pure clean flavor, better than any others. Some say there juices taste like bug spray. I tried some of their Tribecca and it was like spraying mosquito repellent into my mouth. I easily gave the bottle away in PIF. Some people love it, I didn't. Johnson Creek is another one I can't stand, yet others rave about.

Some vendors have a "signature" base, where all their juices have that same background taste. Sometimes it is a good background flavor. KickBassVapor has one of those. I can taste butter in everyone of their flavors. This works great with their Rice Krispity Treats and Sugar Cookie, but not as good in their Marionberry (Raspberry) Ice Cream.

Many vendor's tobacco flavors are (to me) nasty. When was tobacco the flavor of tin? They all tasted like licking a tin shed. Vermillion Rivers and Quicknic have a woody tobacco flavor, more like a campfire. And BackWoodsBrew has the best I have tried (after a two week steep) in Casablanca.

Kriptonite is Goodejuice's best (most famous) flavor. Good stuff. Nick is a great vendor, and if you have any problems he will bend over backwards to help you out. I also have heard he goes to Chicago vape meets sometimes.

For good fruits you can't beat Copper Creek. They are 100% natural (some juices), so it won't taste medicinal. You can ask for the Watermelon. It is a new flavor and suppose to be awesome. House Blend is a good flavor.

And of course, your milage may vary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread