The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

WTH is a Tank Ring?

Discussion in 'ProVape' started by Nermal, May 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Nermal

Nermal Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 8, 2013
    Farmington, NM USA
    So, what the heck is a "Tank Ring"? I'm working up an order on a mini, and the accessories include a Tank Ring as one of the options. If it's useful, I'll add one, but what's it good for? Only ten bucks, but I have to justify everything to my accountant, which is me.

If anyone cares, I lost one of my Twists, and if I'm ever going to bite that particular bullet, this seems like the best time.

2. kas122461

kas122461 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 15, 2013
    Indiana, USA

Check out this thread, give's it a flat top look.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provape/541402-great-2014-provari-ring-roundup.html

KAS

3. Nermal

Jun 8, 2013
    Farmington, NM USA
    Thanks so much, KAS. Just what I needed.

4. Uglymusa

Uglymusa Moved On

Dec 19, 2013
    Might as well wait on new provari

5. Susan W.

Susan W. Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 30, 2013
    Torrance, CA
    It's known as a beauty ring because it's not necessary to have one. It's only for looks. It looks better if you're going to use a 22/23mm diameter topper/tank/RBA/RDA, whatever, so the topper doesn't overhang the taper on the ProVari.

[​IMG]

On the left, I'm using a 19mm tank which matches up with the tapered top of the ProVari. On the right, I'm using a 22mm tank with a beauty ring to cover the taper so it looks better. Provape only recently started selling rings. Before we had to get them from different vendors.

6. Johnny101

Johnny101 Moved On ECF Veteran

It dose smooth it out looks good

7. Nermal

Jun 8, 2013
    Farmington, NM USA
    Yeah, that thought has been chewing at my innards, but they won't even say if, let alone when and how much. If the if is solid, they probably don't want to kill the sales on the current model, especially if the when is out there a ways.

8. twizted

twizted Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 14, 2011
    Kentucky
    The new one is gonna cost more than the current model.

9. cocacola31173

cocacola31173 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 7, 2012
    United States
    Well since Im not into wattage I am hoping they cut the price on the older ones a lot. I would be happy with that.

10. Nermal

Jun 8, 2013
    Farmington, NM USA
    Well now, aren't you the eternal optimist, cocacola.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.