XHaler. Am I missing something?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianishiwa

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Hi amazing people of ECF.

I was browsing for another mod, with two-fold reasoning. It'd be nice to have another mod as swapping batteries to go from 3.7 to 6 with the Prodigy is mildly cumbersome. It'd also be quite nice to try another vendor's mod to expand my vaping horizons.

I was looking at the Xhaler here. Then I noticed this. Pardon me if this is idiotic (it's Friday with 37 minutes left at work, my brain is already in weekend-mode) but if I bought the "Upgrade Kit" and the parts / button it'd be less expensive but still have everything in the $80 kit? I've read the descriptions 3 times and I can't seem to figure out the price disparity. Assemblage maybe?

No "Provari!" & "Darwin!" remarks, haha. :laugh: When a VV mod comes out that will let me push a 1.5ohm DCC @ 6v, then we'll talk. I may be a geezer but I'm a baby to the world of vaping & I feel like a kid again - I like my vapes hot! :evil:

Thanks in advanced.

Rocketman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
SouthEastern Louisiana
It wouldn't be difficult to put together a stacked battery box mod with a 4 amp constant current regulator.
Would only put out 4 amps even if carto shorted out. 4 amps into a 1.25 ohm, 1.5 ohm, all the way up to the 1.7 ohm cartos. No pots to adjust, no worries about short circuits, just a fixed 4 amps.

4 amps into a 1.7 ohm carto would be 27 watts. That ought to be hot enough.
4 amps into a 1.5 is only 24 watts.

brianishiwa

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I don't know your answer but if you contact drew he could help you. And the simple madvapes vv box push 1.5 duals at 6v no problem. I do it all the time. Had to say something lol.

It does?!?! I was under the impression that it didn't and the protection circuitry would cut it off. Or "dynamically" drop voltage to less than 6v.

Consider it mine if it does. Sheesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread