I have a provari but I want something else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoper50

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
I have a provari mini that I bought back in march, and I love it. I use it exclusively and I don't even touch any of my ego twists anymore even though I own 3 of them. The provari provides with me with everything I need, but lately I've been thinking about getting another mod. Not that I'm going to stop using my provari, but I just feel like I need to mix things up a bit and get something else to supplement it.

I've been thinking about a silver bullet with a kick, but I'm not dead set on it. If I bought the silver bullet, It would be exclusively for home use. I like using the provari mini when leave the house, or go to work because of it's compact size. But it would be nice to find something else of similar size or maybe even smaller. I'm looking for recommendations on a mod that fit that profile.

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Having a back up is a good idea. Stuff happens gets lost stolen and all APV's/PV's fail at some point. I Had a Provari. My two original ego's died so I got a Vamo VW. Good but I just got a Zmax V3 Flat top telescoping that is really good. Easy to use other batteries with out changing the bottom or adding tubes. I also go a K101 Mech. If I had to pick one of the new ones I got I'd get the Zmax. The best price I found is here. Sigelei Stainless V3 ZMAX Telescope Variable Power (adjustable wattage) VV APV That is where I got mine but I got it on a previous sale for a couple of dollars cheaper. I really like it. I rate it up with the provari in quality dont' know how long it will last only time will tell. Hope this helps.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Silver Bullet with AGA T2.jpg Family2.jpg clear&frosted-tank-1.jpg

The above Silver Bullet, along with a BB, were my first mods which I purchased a year ago. It's a fine mod that has stood the test of time having been one of the very first mods offered in mass production. I just spoke today with the owner of Altsmoke at his new Cincinnati B & M and he was telling me that it has continued to be nearly as popular as back in the day. They sell nearly 1000 SB's a month. With the recent popularity of unregulated mods using Kicks and RBA's, the Silver Bullet continues to be a popular choice among mod owners.

Besides considering a Silver Bullet, you might look into a bottom feeder box mod such as the Reo. Available in single or variable voltage. Put an atomizer on one and you have the pure flavor of a drip atomizer with the convenience of a tank. The Reo shares a similar reputation as the SB and the Provari in being at the top of their respective classes.

Last edited:

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Like some people, the Silver Bullet does not photograph well. I always thought it was ugly.

Then a few weeks ago I saw the Silver Bullet in person at my local B&M. OMG, they are beautiful! In pictures, they look drab and chunky. In person they're the perfect size and are vibrant.

One more thing to add to my wishlist!

ETA: I also saw the Provari in person that day. They look scrawny and anemic. Very tiny. I guess what they say is true. The camera does add 10 pounds!

Scoper50

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Oh geeze. Now I might have to buy a silver bullet and a bottom feeder box mod. I can't decide. I'm a carto tank user 99% of the time however. I haven't experimented with straight up atomizers much. I own one dripping atomizer. It's a joyetech 510, and the airflow sucks, and I only used it to test juice flavors. So if I went with the bottom feeder box mod, I'd probably have to invest in a quality atomizer.

For the time being, I think the silver bullet is still my first choice. But I do have a question. The provari is the only real mod that I have experience with. I know the electronics inside work in such a way that the first vape on a fresh battery is the same as the last vape before the battery dies. My question, is if I have a silver bullet with a kick, will the vape quality suffer as the battery dies?

If the vape gets weaker and weaker as the battery dies, I'm afraid that the silver bullet will end up just collecting dust considering the provari doesn't exhibit this behavior.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I've never used a Kick in my Silver Bullet, instead I chose to get a Provari for variable voltage. I had a suspicion that with the variable voltage option, that I would be changing flavors and voltages frequently to taste. I was correct in that assumption. I switch out to cartotanks with different flavors at least 3 - 4 times a day, and each juice may require some minor voltage adjustment for best flavor.

With the Kick, it will regulate the voltage (or wattage) to what you set throughout the life of the battery, just as the Provari does. However, to change the voltage with the Kick, it needs to be removed from the battery compartment of the battery device and a screw rotated one way or another to make changes. If you plan to make watt adjustments frequently, this could prove to be a PITA. Also, the Kick is a rather fragile/delicate device that doesn't take too well to frequent handling, so the less that it is handled the better.

You mentioned in your criteria that you wanted something the size of your Mini Provari or smaller. The Silver Bullet is larger and heavier than a Mini. You can see the size comparison of my blue regular size Provari next to my Silver Bullet in the pic I posted earlier. The black BB and my own Mini Provari are roughly the same length and diameter, and you can see the comparison of the SB and the BB in the other pic.

Silver Bullet and Kick.jpg Silver Bullet showing its Kick
__

I just purchased my first bottom feeder mod about a month ago. It is a Vapage VMod XL. It takes an 18650 battery that will last all day. You can use either a cartomizer or an atomizer with it. You simply squonk (tap) the juice bottle to allow a small amount of juice to enter into the drip well of the bottom feeder. You do the equivalent of a primer puff to draw the juice from the drip well into the connector opening of the atomizer/cartomizer, and then puff away. There is a small learning curve, but it doesn't take long to master it.

I'm using the atomizer that came with the VMod. Atomizers typically last 3 - 4 times longer than a cartomizer. It is the polyfill that goes bad in a cartomizer. An atomizer has no polyfill to go bad.

Vapage also sells a smaller version that uses a 14500 battery.

Vampage.jpg Vapage VMod XL

Last edited:

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Isn't this thread blasphemous?

not really, i own 3 provari's and you cant pry them out of me but i take my vamo fishing, if it hits the water its like oh well 30 bucks, not, oh S*&T my 200 dollar mod!!!!

nothing wrong with wanting more or different devices lol in this case instead of another 200 bucks he can get a 60 dollar mod that doesnt need a battery change every 4-5 hours while laying around the house and the pro can be taken out for reliability concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread