XL carts for the M401????

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
No problem. They sound like they might be a pretty good model, but I've been dissatisfied before. I'm trying to keep an open mind about 'em and hope they turn out okay. That long ship time from Canada is a royal pain though, especially now that my current stuff is acting up (intermittent charging issues). I might not have 2-3 weeks before my m402 batteries (or maybe it's the PCC?) go belly up. I guess I can get by on the one 7-11 xhale02 battery I have. Maybe even buy another 1-battery starter kit down the street for $20. I'll be alright. Just an annoyance I can do without. I don't want to have to worry about it.

I'll post a 1st impression review once I finally get the m601 gear, and post a link to it here. I've not really read much on the m601 at this forum. Mostly just seen some video reviews, all of which were positive, but that doesn't necessarily mean much.

My m401 PTB XL cartridges have been doing fine. They do last a nice extra length of time, almost longer than it seems they should, but that's probably partly due to my batteries not lasting as long as they used to on a single charge. I like that on every one of these they have the PTB material folded so that just a tiny bit sticks out of the cartridge on one end, specifically so that you can easily pull it out for easy refilling. I don't even need to use a pair of tweezers, just my fingernails. The material doesn't seem to have any issues with getting scorched, at least not in an m402. Still no noticeable problems with leaking issues either. vaping experience characteristics seem pretty much the same otherwise. I don't think I'll be saying much more about them from here on out, unless something goes wrong with 'em.

kelleymcm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
oklahoma city
weird you guys have brought this thread back up ...cuz I was just @ vapesafe.com very yummy juice & they have M series stuff ,I had not noticed this b-4 ... so was just lookin thru their pages & they do carry m601's no ptb tho ...or the new carto's that is what I was hoping for ....liberty flights ...had some but are out now ...just thought I'd pass along that info ...

I love my M401's too............back to my search

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
Thank you. Yeah, their selection of components is a little bit limited. Not bad. Interesting looking small selection of e-liquids they have. Have you tried any of their stuff? Is it strong flavor oriented? More subtle in flavor? I didn't see Liberty Flights listed. What kind of flavor is that supposed to be like?

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
I see, Liberty Flights is a completely different e-cigarette supplier from the other company. My apologies. I checked out the Liberty Flights website and it looks like they might have a pretty good collection of goodies to shop for, especially their "do it yourself" e-liquid mixing supplies. No m401 XL cartridges though, and no m601 stuff for now either. They've got lots of modification adapters and such, so that's cool. I'll have to check in with them later on the m601 stuff, see if they ever get anymore. Eventually, if I end up liking it, I'll need more batteries and atomizers for the m601. Either my m402 batteries, or probably my atomizers, are toast now, so I'm just using two 7-11 xhale02 e-cigarettes to get by on. They really work fine, and are refillable, but they are not compatible with any PCC I am aware of. Some sort of adapter attachment might solve that problem, but I have no idea what model these things are. For all I know, they might be a proprietary design, though they are essentially exactly the same size externally as an m402, but with different threads.

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
Below is a link to my ECF review of my experiences trying out an m601.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/electronic-cigarette-reviews/138743-electronic-cigz-com-m601-pcc-atomizers-cartridges-more.html#post2247887

There are positives and negatives. The primary positive is very good vapor production. The primary negative is that the automatic m601 batteries tend to be a little finicky. I am already waiting on a replacement for one of them that wanted to run all the time while driving on the highway in my car. Another poster had a very similar problem as well. I never had issues like that with my m402 batteries. I'm still waiting on an XL atomizer to use with some XL PTB cartridges I've already received for the m601. End of cartridge refill flavor is a bit of an issue when using standard m601 cartridges.

PapaJoe8

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2010
Texas DFW Area
I posted on your review page Billy. Nice review by the way! I had heard somewhere else that the 601 autos were having some issues and to get the manual. It's somewhere in this 401\2\3 section.

And I posted at the review that what El-cigs is calling a 601 XL atty is actually a different Smoore # atty that I think does not have an exposed bridge like the 60x. It's maybe a 306 but not sure.
Joe

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
Yeah, I saw that. Thank you. I think you are right, though the m601 XL atomizer fits and works fine, so I guess they can call 'em whatever they want. There really isn't all that much that's new under the sun when it comes to e-cigarettes, eh?

What particularly annoys me is that I have one m601 automatic that is working perfectly reasonably fine, so electronic-cigz.com telling me all m601 batteries are inappropriate to use in a car just doesn't make any sense. Obviously, if one is made right, they could all conceivably be made right. Also, if m601 automatic batteries are really too finicky to use in a car, due to sound, vibration, or whatever, then shouldn't they inform people of that on their website, so that people can buy an m602 instead? (Unless that person just doesn't like using manual e-cigarettes, like me, in which case I can then know I need to shop for a different model e-cigarette elsewhere.) After all, anyone who uses e-cigarettes at all is very likely to naturally use them in a moving car as well. It really just seems like a bad business practice to me, my first time having experienced that from an e-cigarette supplier so far.

Okay, I'm done venting, and it is off topic venting to boot. Just remember, if you are interested in getting an m601 or m602, just get it from someone else other than electronic-cigz.com, okay? : )

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
My situation regarding my m601 e-cigarette batteries has improved due to my using the XL PTB atomizer/combinations on them, in part because of some e-liquid leakage into my finicky automatic batteries. Now they are less finicky, imagine that! LOL I'm still not thrilled with that particular supplier, but at least I'm having fewer problems, at least until leaking e-juice seeping into my automatic batteries eventually kills them! Oh well, I'll try to avoid that by using my standard m601 atomizer/cartridge combos more (much less leakage). For now, everything is finally working like it should, and comparing very well to my recently rejuvenated m402 gear, which is still very decent equipment in its own right, and generally very reliable (with good and fast suppliers to boot).

PapaJoe8

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2010
Texas DFW Area
Thanks again Billy! Now if they will just make a 901 to 601 adapter. I have grown quite fond of using an adapter, and my 3.7V 901 thread mod, w/ my 40x stuff. I am pretty sure the 60x attys will work even better. And I could get the cartos for the 60x.

Oh, and I have some old 40x attomizers that perk up after I put them on the 3.7V for awhile. And the 14500 batteries last all day. I just get a freshly charged one each morning and charge up the used batt for use the next day.
Joe

tj1100cl

Oct 11, 2010
Atlanta
this looked like a good thread to bump and ask a pertinent question.

can anyone post a pic or two of a comparison in M4 parts? i'd like to see:

M40x with cart next to same M40x with cartomizer
M403 with XL cart next to M401 with standard cart

any other combinations you're using with success.

hopefully someone has the means to do this. thanx to you in advance!
Tj

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
I noticed recently that no one seems to have the factory pre-PTB modded m401 XL or standard cartridges available anymore. Kind of sad. I liked the modification, but never wanted to hassle with doing it myself. I did use a set of cartomizers on my m402s for awhile. They were stainless steel finish screw in types (I think they always are as far as I know). Filling them was a real pain, and they had to be cleaned regularly. Often times that led to less than desirable flavor results. Sorry, no pictures, but they are about as long as an XL cartridge, which is only like 3mm longer than a standard m401 cartridge. They looked good, with a flush fit, and had a nearly all day long lasting capacity in one cartomizer, which is admittedly amazing. They ran hotter though, so flavor suffered. I ended up giving up on them, but the concept is certainly fairly sound. They may work better for larger model type e-cigarettes. I'm looking into other m401 cartridge mods now. Any recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread