xtar vp4 instructions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nic_fix

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
I am not sure about the instructions. can I just put the batteries in and I am done. it will charge and stop. or do I need to set something's first? it tells you about the settings but does not say if it is plug and play. I apologize if this is a stupid question but want to be safe.

meanwhile I am finally done with nitecore after a 4 battery salute. got 3 xtar's.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
The only thing you can adjust on this charger is the number of amps you push into the batteries. From a review of the charger:

"On the top of the charger is a button to select charge current, it can select between 0.25A, 0.50A and 1.00A, the current will be the same in all four slots.
The charger will always select the highest possible current when loading it with batteries, the switch can then be used to reduce the current.
When only slot #1 and/or slot #4 is used the maximum current is 1A. If there is any batteries in slot #2 or #3 the maximum will be reduced to 0.5A.
Below the switch is the display, by holding the switch down the display can be turned off/on (but not the leds), this will not affect any function in the charger."

There is a picture of the button area on the 7'th row of pictures in the review.

IMO any current IMR or hybrid battery that is recommended safe for vaping and has more than 1000 mAh is plug and play with this charger. I would only make sure that 18350's are not being charged at 1A.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread