Yahoo & Google -- Caving in to Pressure !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spence

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2010
Tennessee
I personally believe that Yahoo & Google (et al), don't wish to be in the middle of a legal limbo.

All of these companies (PayPal, for instance) are just playing it safe. They have a team of attorneys analyzing the risk of allowing PV suppliers to advertise with their service, and I think that the revenue generated from that isn't enough to justify the possibility of operating in (what they consider) a legally "gray" area. You think these companies want to leave themselves open to a lawsuit? Over e-cigs? I think not.

Then again, what do I know.

Thanks for your reply. I totally agree with the notion that none of these companies wants to be drawn into any legal battles over PV's. That's one of the reasons why I find it curious that they put the reason for their ban in writing. Right now it stings because they are hurting us in the battle, but could they play some role in unwittingly helping us win the war?

Spence

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2010
Tennessee
Spence, you are absolutely correct! They could help us unwittingly win the war, however, that does not seem to be in their agenda.

Where there's a will, there's a way. If Google, Yahoo, PP, Amazon, etc won't be a part of it, so be it.

I would like to know if a lawyer on our side would find any merit to this. I have tried posting on the CASAA site, but (and this is NOT a criticism!) no one there seems to be reading their forum.

brian1g

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2010
Texas panhandle
The best strongest message we can send is in the next election. If someone is in office and running for re-election, vote for the other guy that is a new comer. Doesn't matter what their party affiliation is. If they are currently in office, they are part of the problem.

If 40% of the legislators can be turned over for new blood, the rest of 'em are going to get it. The American public is fed up, stop it! Stop Them. Vote for REAL CHANGE! Change those in office for new ones!

I agree, I'm voting people out next election. If they are in office right now they will not be getting my vote.

skydragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Mountain Cave
Spence, you are absolutely correct! They could help us unwittingly win the war, however, that does not seem to be in their agenda.

Where there's a will, there's a way. If Google, Yahoo, PP, Amazon, etc won't be a part of it, so be it.

No matter what, we will always keep fighting!!

I don't mean this in a sarcastic way, but how are you fighting? Have you stopped using PP and Amazon? Google and Yahoo are a little harder to stop using but PP and Amazon would be easy enough. There are many other options. STOP using (rewarding) them and let them know why.

skydragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Mountain Cave
Hmmm...is there no way you can get around this Capt? Change the wording slightly? Probably a stupid question, but there's GOT to be a way to promote the site without mentioning e-cigs????

I was wondering the same thing. Vaporizer instead of cig. I realize you probably wouldn't get as many hits but better than nothing? Maybe when explaining what they are, we should all start calling them that too so if people do google them, they will put in vaporizer. Get's away from the "cig" stigma as well.

Captu4ik

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Hmmm...is there no way you can get around this Capt? Change the wording slightly? Probably a stupid question, but there's GOT to be a way to promote the site without mentioning e-cigs????

My site is now on the list, I would have to change my domain name first.

I do like the idea of getting away from the term 'cigarette', for several reasons ...

Happy Domino38

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto Canada
www.happyvaper.com
My site is now on the list, I would have to change my domain name first.

I do like the idea of getting away from the term 'cigarette', for several reasons ...

Hmmm..again...here's a thought Capt., change the domain name with Google and Yahoo and say you're selling vaporizers. Then, have a link that goes to your site from there.

Could it be done, do you think?

Captu4ik

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I didn't mean to horn in on your post, Captu4ik.

You didn't. I'm happy to see everyone post their opinions and ideas.

Hopefully, when all is said and done, PV's will become a socially acceptable alternative to Tobacco smoking. Until then, PV'er's like ourselves will have to work a little harder to preserve our relatively new-found habit.

Still, it's sometimes hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel ...

Tampa2

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2010
Tampa
www.gatorvapor.com
Still, it's sometimes hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel ...

Well, Cap't, I have found it is easier to see the light at the end of the tunnel after I have turned my bright lights on. I think that you should tell them it is not an e-cig, but a new vaporized tar killing device. That would make them wonder! lol :toast:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread