Y'all won't believe this!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapingRulz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Florida
You know, it took DECADES for America to ban smoking in public places, never mind private businesses. They didn't get the majority of the public to support a ban until they had ample scientific proof that firsthand and secondhand smoke are dangerous. (I have my doubts that the research is completely honest re: the secondhand smoke. I think they've blown it way out of proportion and have greatly exaggerated the risks, but that's not the issue here. Smoking is just plain stupid and we all know it, so we don't really fight back.)

Why is it that the anti-smoking (anti-smoker, really) groups feel they have the right to lump vaping in with smoking when it is patently NOT smoking?

There is no law against vaping, it is not a tobacco product, it doesn't burn, it's not smoking... period. If I want to vape nic-free juice with pure diluted caffeine in it, is that smoking? Frankly, it's outrageous.

Thornak

Moved On
Nov 15, 2009
Green Bay, WI
I agree that you should not be purposely trying to draw attention and get the owners of these places angry before you've asked permission and before they know what it is.
Some people seem to go out of their way to flaunt vaping in non-smoking environments, and this will only irritate the owners of these establishments and make the job easier for the fda to get rid of it.
For now I think it best to be on the safe side..If it says no smoking then get permission every time before vaping.

yvilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2008
Rochester, NY
If it says no smoking then get permission every time before vaping.

But I never ask for permission either. As I said, no one is even aware I'm doing anything when in places open to the public. And I'm not smoking. The only time I would ask for permission is in private premises, like in someone's home.

Last edited:

just-a-nobody

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
Northeastern Minnesota
I went out last Saturday night, the first time I went into a bar in years. My little town (Where everybody knows your name.) the bars are pretty much dead. We only have 3 bars, one was completely dead, so I didn't bother staying there, but the other two were fine with me vaping, after I explained to them what it was. Had they denied my use, I would have just left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread