Yawning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blinkyrocket

Sep 6, 2017
There's a thread that I wanted to respond to that talked about a user who complained of excessive yawning. I wanted to mention that cholinergic excitation is the main cause of excessive yawning, Nicotine can cause it directly by exciting nicotinic acetylcholinergic receptors, and indirectly upon withdrawal by lowering opioid receptor activity. If you yawn when you quit, it's basically mild "painkiller" withdrawal, except it's caused by your own endorphins. I experience this a lot nowadays in the mornings, probably because of my additional use of Kratom.

Tell me if there's anything on here that you don't like on the forums. I had a censored word I had to change, can probably guess it.

Blinkyrocket

Sep 6, 2017
The reason this would be caused by switching from smoking regular tobacco to just nicotine is that nicotine is not the only alkaloid in tobacco. Myosmine, Anabasine, Anatabine, and Nornicotine are important as well as Acetaldehyde and the Harmala alkaloids. The closest thing to that you can get is WTA (Whole Tobacco Alkaloids) and people say they satisfy cravings more. When you get just nicotine, you're trying to get something that's not there, so you keep vaping it and vaping it until you've basically got nicotine poisoning, I've experienced this as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread