Yay, my first mod!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheilalynn

ECF Veteran
Ideas were gleaned in here and applied to what I have. Sooooo....

First was a no-longer-used battery pack for a Sony Clie that holds 4AA batteries and has a power switch. I stripped the wires down from that, hooked them to one of the ends I got from a dead battery that I finally got apart, and temporarily taped those wires to a small dowel for testing.

I carefully screwed in the battery mod, flicked the switch to "on", and vaped. And ta-da, it worked and the cloud of vapor emerged into my mouth.

It's not the prettiest mod, and I'm sure someone else could improve on it, but it's my first, yay! :p Now I'm wondering if it can be made to run on just 2 batteries so there would be room to stick the atomizer directly in there someplace like I've seen on some power boxes that people have made.

firstmod.jpg

nicowolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
near Akron, OH, USA
Congrats, Sheila. You demonstrate an understanding of what is going on and what a circuit is. You will have this cleaned up and looking spiffy in no time. That can be made to run on 3xAAA NiMH batteries (these are the popular, easy to find rechargeables you can find at any department store). You could also use 1x14500 li-ion protected rechargeable if you don't mind ordering online and waiting for shipping. That would leave plenty of room to recess your atomizer. I like the recessed atomizer because it protects that delicate joint on your atomizer connector (the part you took from the old battery).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread