YAYYY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It finally happened. Please note the MIDDLE mod which is a TOTALLY self created coil (0.63 resistance) and rayon wick and it didn't LEAK a drop, to the point that I felt totally happy putting the mod on my computer. It's a Kayfun clone and I did the whole thing ALONE, LOL. Even the juice-- that's some coconut marshmellow e-juice I made!!! Happy dance! It's a really nice vape but more, I am just thrilled :) I think I'm learning to master my fine motor tremor with coils, yay!
KVnDIeq.jpg

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I will virtually hug you if you stop calling me Booty. :lol::lol:. But other than that, thanks for the congratulations!!! :)

I almost killed the thing, going into TC mode. Apparently, my temperatures don't get high at all, I base this on my initial vape starting at 20 watts and entering TC at 350 degrees (F). Gross!!!! Fortunately, since it's a rayon wick and I can go MUCH LOWER than that, it was just a nasty experience, not to be repeated. So, I'm back at 9 watts and 300 degrees, that makes me happier about all my other vapes, actually, since it's a rather similar vape....

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
That's my fine motor tremor at work. I need a tripod for my phone or something. I actually tried to INCREASE resolution in photo shop, but some things are just.... Well, that should tell you a little bit about what I'm dealing with, Lithium has improved my life immensely and worsened it in SO many ways. It's kind of a trade off-- brain functioning? Or everything else? (I carry bar mops everywhere to mop up spills, etc., but I try not to complain too much because well, anything's better than agitatedly suicidal I guess and believe me, I tried a BUNCH a other stuff first, which did not work at all).

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It's totally fine. I've been called way worse things than Booty. In fact, at one job that was my nickname until I could get my unruly, conduct disordered African-American dudes at the Hopkins methadone clinic under control, but given their interest in such matters I was torn between wanting to choke them out and feeling sort of complimented. Since I had red hair and I was about 25, we eventually compromised on Punky Brewster, since I wore pigtails a lot.

Now learning THEIR names? I asked one dude what his name was on day 2, and he said, "You can call me Pimp Daddy." I was like, "You sound like someone with a PO, maybe I should find your individual therapist and get your PO's name and give that person a call.... let him know what you're trying to do to a group therapist here."

Ironically, his name was John. Believe me when I say I pointed out the irony by saying "Really? Sounds like if any money is going to be exchanged, I'll be taking yours, not the other way around."

He was surprisingly amenable after that, LOL, the group tried a few more hazes, but I don't play fair, obviously. :)

Anna

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Congrats Anna !!!!

I too have problems with shaking and my hands are basically rubbish.

I love photography and have just dealt with the fact that I have to use a tripod and have to use the setting that delays the shot a couple seconds so I dont get blur even with a tripod in some settings with longer exposures.

I think that making my own coils has delayed or stopped the progression of the tremors and shakes on my fingers. Part of it is keeping those nerves constantly in use and that "muscle/ nerve" memory that happens with repeated actions.

I think that if you love and really want to one can do what they love even if there are speed bumps.

I went to a butterfly exhibit with my camera and had to wing it because they did not allow tripods. I just set the speed real fast and used the speed shutter setting to get more than one shot etc.

I think that day I took almost 2000 images in raw settings. I made sure I had a fast and large memory card.

While I was there, I saw a man in a wheel chair and an elaborate rig to hold his cameras as he had extreme shaking and could hardly keep his hands from gripping into fists.

I asked him about it, he was happy to share, he modified gear they use in film making and used those electronic shutter things that allow you to shoot away from the camera. He gave me his page address and he shoots all over, all subjects and many gorgeous , not post produced sharp shots.

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
That first coil is the big one and it sounds like it's doing more than just working, so well done!!

Just curious, did you enjoy the process?

[EDIT] @anavidfan one of the wonderful things about photography is that it's the perfect marriage of expression and machinery. Jerryrigging is part-and-parcel with the whole affair, so if you gotta Frankenstein your kit out to get those shots, you're just dipping into pro territory. :thumbs:

Last edited:

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
It's totally fine. I've been called way worse things than Booty. In fact, at one job that was my nickname until I could get my unruly, conduct disordered African-American dudes at the Hopkins methadone clinic under control, but given their interest in such matters I was torn between wanting to choke them out and feeling sort of complimented. Since I had red hair and I was about 25, we eventually compromised on Punky Brewster, since I wore pigtails a lot.

Now learning THEIR names? I asked one dude what his name was on day 2, and he said, "You can call me Pimp Daddy." I was like, "You sound like someone with a PO, maybe I should find your individual therapist and get your PO's name and give that person a call.... let him know what you're trying to do to a group therapist here."

Ironically, his name was John. Believe me when I say I pointed out the irony by saying "Really? Sounds like if any money is going to be exchanged, I'll be taking yours, not the other way around."

He was surprisingly amenable after that, LOL, the group tried a few more hazes, but I don't play fair, obviously. :)

Anna
You make me smile. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

:nun: Thank you for being YOU. :nun:

Cheers
I

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Thanks you guys! I did one without a tremor, but then I had to raise my lithium back up. It's actually not as bad as it used to be, I used to have to use Dragon Naturally Speak with everything. When I had a real camera, I used a tripod, I probably should try to brace my arms when taking pics, that seems to work with a lot of stuff.

Yes, I did enjoy it actually, VV! It took 3 coils, but the wicking was really easy this time, I used less than I've done in the past, and trimmed the tails shorter. I think I was overdoing it. BUT it was IMMENSELY satisfying to get one done this way, from beginning to end, without assistive aids (well, I used my magnification glasses) but I've spent about 4 hours on the Doggystyle over the past few weeks, with massive failure, so I'm glad I selected something new and I've been wanting to try a Kayfun of sorts--- I very much like the vape, and having success.... you know, it makes you more confident, LOL.

The thing I hated most about my tremor was people assuming I was going to have a seizure or something, it hasn't gotten bad enough this time around that this is happening anymore. It just gets... tedious, so there's something about vaping vs smoking I think, I also used to have peripheral neuropathy and I always ascribed it to my meds, but I think circulation may have had something to do with it, too. So, overall still a big YAY and WIN for vaping. :)

Anna

Winblows

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2017
Copenhagen (UTC+1)
It finally happened. Please note the MIDDLE mod which is a TOTALLY self created coil (0.63 resistance) and rayon wick and it didn't LEAK a drop, to the point that I felt totally happy putting the mod on my computer. It's a Kayfun clone and I did the whole thing ALONE, LOL. Even the juice-- that's some coconut marshmellow e-juice I made!!! Happy dance! It's a really nice vape but more, I am just thrilled :) I think I'm learning to master my fine motor tremor with coils, yay!
KVnDIeq.jpg

Anna
Well done Anna! A good start.
PS.: don't forget to take some pictures of the build process too ... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread