Not open for further replies.

Keekers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Michigan
Holy confusedness.

I really want to get this right. I think I want double the flavor. Did anyone else do this?

So I opened up my handy calculator and calculated that Vanilla Custard was 8% of the total and Caramel was 5%. Is this right?

Here is my calculator.....please help!

cake%2520batter.jpg

Attachments

• cake batter.jpg
    cake batter.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

GrannyM

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2009
Saginaw, MI
If you want to double the flavor of the original recipe, then probably about 15% Vanilla Custard & 9% Caramel.

The way the recipe was posted... using drops added to 3 ml... makes conversion to percentages in a calculator a little difficult. See Str8's post previously with the calculator image. That's probably as close as one could get with the original recipe.

Keekers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Michigan
If you want to double the flavor of the original recipe, then probably about 15% Vanilla Custard & 9% Caramel.

The way the recipe was posted... using drops added to 3 ml... makes conversion to percentages in a calculator a little difficult. See Str8's post previously with the calculator image. That's probably as close as one could get with the original recipe.
I'm going to give it a go. 15%VC and 9%Ca.

Thanks Granny :)

Keekers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Michigan
The strangest thing happened. I was vaping it all day and decided to switch flavors. 2 days later I made a larger batch, same %s. I let the batch steep but when I went to try it, there wasn't any flavor. I tried adding more VC and Caramel but still no flavor. So I mixed up another batch today with lower %s. Nothing!!! I am going crazy because I need a sweet recipe. I am only vaping fruits right now. I wonder what happened :(

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
The strangest thing happened. I was vaping it all day and decided to switch flavors. 2 days later I made a larger batch, same %s. I let the batch steep but when I went to try it, there wasn't any flavor. I tried adding more VC and Caramel but still no flavor. So I mixed up another batch today with lower %s. Nothing!!! I am going crazy because I need a sweet recipe. I am only vaping fruits right now. I wonder what happened :(

This happens to me with alot of recipes and even premade vendor juices that I've ordered! A flavor that's great one day is yuk a few days later. I think my tongue is giving me issues LOL. I've always had very sensitive tastebuds, as in, with food for example, a tiny dash of cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes is way to spicey for me, yet other people use 10x that amount for the flavor they like! A lot of things I eat that taste too salty to me yet other people find the same food perfect! I don't get it! :blink: Opposite with sweet things though... when these recipes call for a drop of sweetner, I need 2 drops LOL :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread