ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England

blackbug

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2009
Berkshire, UK
www.eciggypedia.com
In a nutshell, e-cigarettes aren’t a viable solution to quit smoking.

and

E-cigarette manufacturers and promoters don’t offer any documented proof in closed testing by the FDA that they work as a viable form of tobacco cessation.

I've never seen a reputable supplier that DOES actually claim those things.

BigJimW

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Warwick, RI
www.moonport.org
Of course he's pushing his own thing. And this is a BLOG, not a press article. Blogs are frequently written by opinionated know-nothings with a cause. That's the case here. It wastes time to even pay attention to such triviality as this.

Blog or not, people do read this uninformed crap and it does have a negative impact on public opinion. Unless this place has a place to put blog entries on, then the "News" section is the only other logical place it should go.

mxellis

Jun 13, 2009
Mesa, Az
Hi all,

New to the site but have been vaping since May. As to what tetramethylpyrazine is well it appears to be used as a scent additive as a possible treatment for strokes and many other uses. I would have posted URLs but since I'm a noob I am prohibited at this time. A simple Google search will give many results showing this guy is throwing out red herrings to sell his own product.

Hope this is helpful.

Michael E.

gpdo24

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
New York, New York
Of course he's pushing his own thing. And this is a BLOG, not a press article. Blogs are frequently written by opinionated know-nothings with a cause. That's the case here. It wastes time to even pay attention to such triviality as this.

Yeah, but WTF is it? Tetramethylpyrazine!8-o:confused:

Still vaping greedily at my just arrived Cappucino nicquid. Maybe it's the tetra making it soo delicious.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Look, we could do Stupid Blog of the Day if we wanted to. Let Google deliver you news alerts on electronic cigarettes, and you'll get multiple notices every day. Nine out of 10 will be dimwitted bloggers. Ignore them. There is nothing to be gained by posting links to stupid commentary, unless that stupidity got wide exposure in a mainstream press article. THEN we should respond with accurate information. By posting these things, we simply increase the numbers so idiot blogger's popularity appears to be growing. Ugh.

Last edited:

framitz

Moved On
May 24, 2009
RSM, CA

gpdo24

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
New York, New York

BigJimW

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Warwick, RI
www.moonport.org
Look, we could do Stupid Blog of the Day is we wanted to. Let Google deliver you news alerts on electronic cigarettes, and you'll get multiple notices every day. Nine out of 10 will be dimwitted bloggers. Ignore them. There is nothing to be gained by posting links to stupid commentary, unless that stupidity got wide exposure in a mainstream press article. THEN we should respond with accurate information. By posting these things, we simply increase the numbers so idiot blogger's popularity appears to be growing. Ugh.

I see it a bit differently Bob.

Usually people that go into blogs like this are not informed. They only read what the author says and takes it as gospel. They use big words that people don't know the meaning of to make their desired effect of scaring people off of something simply they can leave misinformation with no basis in fact.

The reason I pointed this idiots blog here is that maybe some more of us who know what is going on can post comments people can also take into account and can make an INFORMED decision, and not base their decision on miss truths, which most of this country does on a daily basis by misinformed idiots like that guy who makes these claims.

Just my two cents to it all.

NOW it contains "Tetramethylpyrazine" WTF is that??

Well Jim, turns out that TMP is not bad for you in its usual form. It may even help in scavageing free radicals. I don't know if its destroyed by heating it up and vaping it, or if hurts you in a vaporized form, but in other forms, it seems to help the body in a number of ways from decreasing brain injury, helping protect the spinal cord, renal problems etc...ect... basicly its a compound derived from a chinese herb and is used in making scents like purfume and possibly extracts used in our e-juice...possibly.

Tetramethylpyrazine OR 1124-11-4 - PubMed Results[rn]

If its in our juice, it is certainly worth checking into as to be able to ID it for a positive benifit, or as a negative side effect.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread