Not open for further replies.

Cnew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2012
CA
Hi everyone,
I just received my latest shipment of e juices from Halo. This one included a 30 ml bottle of Freedom juice (24 mg) and 30 ml of Bella Valente (24 mg). The generous folks at Halo threw in a free 10 ml sample oftheir new flavor, Shamrock (also 24 mg). I usually vape these at 12-18 mg, cutting them with some Fusion (flavorless liquid) or straight 0 mg PG, but these were all dripped at 24 mg on an HH357 atomizer at 6.0 V on my mini Lambo. So, here is my review:

Freedom juice: Straight up, no nonsense tobacco, not perfumy or sweet, (very) slight nutty taste on exhale. As with all Halo juices, incredible throat hit. Flavorful, light color and non viscous. I'm not a huge worrier about vapor, needing just enough to know my hardware is working, but not so much I can't see through the clouds. This one delivers just enough for my taste and then some. I can't recommend this enough. It's my all day vape, recently replacing Torque 56 (another great flavor) and in heavy rotation with Turkish. I add a few menthol crystals to a small bottle for my morning wake up.

Bella Valente: Beautifully complex cigar flavor with distinct vanilla note. The tobacco is flavorful enough that it keeps a delicate balance with the vanilla. Not too sweet, not harsh. Good throat hit and absolutely decadent. This one competes with Midnight Apple as my "after dinner, kids are in bed, time to unwind" evening vape. Love to sit on the patio with my glass of Irish Cream, sipping and puffing BV.

Shamrock: Very nice dessert flavor, balancing cocoa and mint. Not overly sweet cocoa flavor, not chemically at all. Strongly reminiscent of Creme de Menthe without all the syrupy sweetness of the actual liquor. I am not a chocolate, dessert, bakery juice fan in general, as I find most of them overly sweet. It's not that I hate them, just that when I ask myself what I want next, they never make it to the top of my list. This plays well to my tastes, as I do not like sweet vapes. Good throat hit, though not as strong to me as Freedom or Torque but maybe on par with Tribeca or Longhorn. While it's not one that I would use all day, it certainly opened my eyes to the possibility of trying more of Halo's non-tobacco juices. I can see this being a fan-favorite, particularly for those of you who enjoy chocolate/cocoa with your morning coffee. It's very good, and I will probably use it more often after adding a bit of tobacco to it.

I have tried to recreate Halo's flavors through DIY with the recipes online and through the forums, but have never been able to capture all the elements I look for--balance of flavor, throat hit and vapor. Tough challenge, but I'm sure more capable DIY'ers have been able to accomplish this feat. For my money, it's worth the convenience of always 'getting it right' and getting what I want without the endless tinkering and cleanup.

Kudos also to the Halo customer service team, particularly Vapor Val. In my rush to place an order for Freedom the other night, I forgot to include my regular ECF coupon code. It was a long shot, but I asked and she credited my card back the discount. (No promises to the 'vaping world at large', but I do believe her kind gesture deserves recognition.) So thank you, Val, for your quick, generous response and for supporting a company that delivers high quality products!

I'm probably preaching to the choir, but I highly recommend all of these, and perhaps this will be some help for those of you on the fence about your next e liquid purchase.

Thanks for reading!
cnew:thumbs:

Last edited:

SimboSlice

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Chicago
Thanks for the review; i hate some of those flavors, goes to show how different taste buds are.
Here's my top 5 halo flavors:

1. Torque 56: the single juice that every analog smoker reply with something like "wow, i could totally quit smoking with this flavor".

2. Tribecca

3. Malibu Menthol: Cool pina colada mix

4. HX3: Torque 56 with a kiss of menthol. You can probably make it yourself without having to buy the bottle.

5. Mystic Menthol - has a soft menthol taste that doesn't overpower

Hi everyone,
I just received my latest shipment of e juices from Halo. This one included a 30 ml bottle of Freedom Juice (24 mg) and 30 ml of Bella Valente (24 mg). The generous folks at Halo threw in a free 10 ml sample oftheir new flavor, Shamrock (also 24 mg). I usually vape these at 12-18 mg, cutting them with some Fusion (flavorless liquid) or straight 0 mg PG, but these were all dripped on an HH357 atomizer at 6.0 V on my mini Lambo. So, here is my review:

Freedom Juice: Straight up, no nonsense tobacco, not perfumy or sweet, (very) slight nutty taste on exhale. As with all Halo juices, incredible throat hit. Flavorful, light color and non viscous. I'm not a huge worrier about vapor, needing just enough to know my hardware is working, but not so much I can't see through the clouds. This one delivers just enough for my taste and then some. I can't recommend this enough. It's my all day vape, recently replacing Torque 56 (another great flavor) and in heavy rotation with Turkish. I add a few menthol crystals to a small bottle for my morning wake up.

Bella Valente: Beautifully complex cigar flavor with distinct vanilla note. The tobacco is flavorful enough that it keeps a delicate balance with the vanilla. Not too sweet, not harsh. Good throat hit and absolutely decadent. This one competes with Midnight Apple as my "after dinner, kids are in bed, time to unwind" evening vape. Love to sit on the patio with my glass of Irish Cream, sipping and puffing BV.

Shamrock: Very nice dessert flavor, balancing cocoa and mint. Not overly sweet cocoa flavor, not chemically at all. Strongly reminiscent of Creme de Menthe without all the syrupy sweetness of the actual liquor. I am not a chocolate, dessert, bakery juice fan in general, as I find most of them overly sweet. It's not that I hate them, just that when I ask myself what I want next, they never make it to the top of my list. This plays well to my tastes, as I do not like sweet vapes. Good throat hit, though not as strong to me as Freedom or Torque but maybe on par with Tribeca or Longhorn. While it's not one that I would use all day, it certainly opened my eyes to the possibility of trying more of Halo's non-tobacco juices. I can see this being a fan-favorite, particularly for those of you who enjoy chocolate/cocoa with your morning coffee. It's very good, and I will probably use it more often after adding a bit of tobacco to it.

I have tried to recreate Halo's flavors through DIY with the recipes online and through the forums, but have never been able to capture all the elements I look for--balance of flavor, throat hit and vapor. Tough challenge, but I'm sure more capable DIY'ers have been able to accomplish this feat. For my money, it's worth the convenience of always 'getting it right' and getting what I want without the endless tinkering and cleanup.

Kudos also to the Halo customer service team, particularly Vapor Val. In my rush to place an order for Freedom the other night, I forgot to include my regular ECF coupon code. It was a long shot, but I asked and she credited my card back the discount. (No promises to the 'vaping world at large', but I do believe her kind gesture deserves recognition.) So thank you, Val, for your quick, generous response and for supporting a company that delivers high quality products!

I'm probably preaching to the choir, but I highly recommend all of these, and perhaps this will be some help for those of you on the fence about your next e liquid purchase.

Thanks for reading!
cnew:thumbs:

Last edited:

drsocal

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
  • Deleted by oldsoldier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread