Yet Another Ultrasonic Atty Cleaning Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

garyinco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2010
CO, USA
just so i understand, are you using vodka in the ultrasonic cleaner?

Yeah, I went to a liquor store and asked them for the cheapest vodka they have. Standard proof. After I use it, I pour it into an old water bottle I have.

I'm still reusing the original amount I poured out of the vodka bottle. Which means I have a lot of vodka. Anyone up for drinks?

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Fluxomizers after 2 weeks use.
One had dark liquid, other light liquid.
Pics after alcohol soak and ultrasonic cleaning.

Attachments

• 0 ce2-x.jpg
    0 ce2-x.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 57
  • 00 ce2-x.jpg
    00 ce2-x.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 55

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
Fluxomizers after 2 weeks use.
One had dark liquid, other light liquid.
Pics after alcohol soak and ultrasonic cleaning.
That looks like it worked real well for you. But it won't work very good with regular carto's with filler because they are wrapped to tight with the filler and the ultasonic can't get to the coil. But for atty's I think your method will work great.

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
That looks like it worked real well for you. But it won't work very good with regular carto's with filler because they are wrapped to tight with the filler and the ultasonic can't get to the coil. But for atty's I think your method will work great.

All pics are of coil after ultrasonic cleaning.
Sorry no before pics.
I like my ultrasonic but don't expect too much.

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
All pics are of coil after ultrasonic cleaning.
Sorry no before pics.
I like my ultrasonic but don't expect too much.
I realize the pics are the coil and thats what I meant if the coil is exposed you method looks like it did a very good job with the alky. But is it isn't exposed like stuffing filled carto's the ulrasonic action will not get to the coils.

Angler

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2011
Ausable River
Soldering flux is very sticky stuff and it's difficult to clean a freshly soldered joint. I use Isoprophyl Alcohol in the strongest percentage I can get to clean solder joints and it works very well with just a small brush. So, I figured it would be good for attys also. I just take a 30 ml emptied and cleaned ejuice bottle with the dropper cap off, fill it with 91% Isoprophyl Alcohol and a few attys, shake a little, let it sit awhile, shake some more, vigorously this time, and repeat. It works great for me and it drys very quickly. I'm looking for 99% but I can't find it around here. jmho I do use mostly 306's but the 510's and 801's I use I try to get the steel or chromed ones because, as mentioned before, it will take the paint off. The alcohol in booze is not nearly as good of a cleaner as the stronger percantages of Isoprophol unless you can get 200 proof PGA like EverClear which is illegal in my state. The percentage of alcohol in booze is half the proof value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread