ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Preface/apology:
so I tried to read the the Valyrian RE thread
Vladdin RE
But it’s seven pages long, and that’s just too big for my little brain on a Saturday afternoon, so I’m going to be a weenie and try and get something short enough that I can process.

The issue: my Valyrian is behaving like it’s juice clogged
Yesterday I hauled out my Valyrian, which I hadn’t touched in some time, because it’s the least cloudy vape I’ve got, and I had a guest I was beginning to smoke out a bit.
Anyway, it was working sort of. The tank leakage and gurgling was bad but I could make it go. I went for the last new pod in my package hoping to at least temporarily improve matters and I couldn’t get it to work at all. On the grounds that it might be out of battery I charged it overnight and tried it again. No bueno. I put put in the pod that was working the day before. Also nothing.
With the pod removed I sucked on the device directly, and lo and behold the light went on. And stayed on. I also had to suck really hard.

Now I used to vape cigalikes back in the day, and with one of them what this usually meant was that the vacuum chamber where the switch sits was filled with juice and one was basically boned.

Thing is this shouldn’t happen in this day and age. Engineers are supposed to know better now. I have put something like 6 pods worth of juice through this thing total. This is the exact reason that automatic systems died and people went to buttons. I’m mad. There’s no excuse for this.

Am I wrong about what is going on here?
Is there some fix I can perform to try and get the thing working?
I tried mopping the juice out of the little slot in the interior side corner of the pod carrier where I assume the air inlet for the vacuum switch is, and I got some juice but not much.
Is the thing watertight enough that I can try to wash it out? That sometimes worked with old cigalikes if you were really really careful and used a syringe.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
FIXED IT!

So not getting any responses I deciding i was SOL and the thing was probably dead I loaded up a squeeze bottle with water since my syringes all seem to have been thrown away long ago, and I rinsed the pod carrier area out with a good deal of water. It works now! (More or less). It still has a harder draw than it used to have, but now at least it functions.

• Winner
Reactions: drmarble

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Clean it out best you can and stick it somewhere warm like a radiator, for 24hrs.
I left it on a paper towel for a couple hours and at that point even the harder draw was gone. Vapes normally again. Since the thing is officially no longer a piece of junk in my eyes I popped a magnetic USB adaptor into it to make the port live longer which seems to work really well and it’s going to wait for company again. Maybe I’ll even mix up some stealth juice.

Reactions: PodVaper
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread