V2 Vertx

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarbaraGR

Aug 19, 2017
As I wasn’t happy with the longevity of my Bo One battery and durability of the Bo One pods (too much cracked mouthpieces lately; maybe they’ll improve on that in the near future), I started looking around for an alternative.

Two days ago I received the V2 Vertx (normal version, not the ‘Plus’).

Here are my first thoughts on it.

Initially I didn’t really like it. Compared to the Bo One the draw is much tighter and I’m not used to having to use a firing button. I also had trouble getting consistent draws. As it turns out the latter may have been due to a defective pod, as I haven’t had any problems with consistent draws after replacing the pod with a new one. However the very first pod not working properly makes me somewhat hesitant as that is exactly the reason for moving away from the Bo One for now.

Now – 1,5 days later – I’m starting to like the Vertx more and more. Getting used to the tighter draw and the firing button, although I still prefer loser draw and automatic. The taste of the V2 Red is great. It’s rather neutral tabacco-ish which suits me fine. Bo’s Gold RX is much sweeter and though I love that taste, after a few hours it may start to nauseate a bit (like eating to much chocolate; which I love too J). Vapor could be a bit more. The pod seems to last a long time however. Have only run through 35-40% of it in 24 hours while I’d vape an entire Bo-pod in a day. That doesn’t make it cheaper than the Bo by much btw as the pods are rather expensive, although there are refillable pods (which I haven’t used yet).

Main drawback at present for me is it’s size: about 15 cm long. I really would like something smaller and with a carrying case. If the Vertx had been in the shape of the Bo One or My von erl I might switch to the Vertx regardless of the tighter draw and firing button, bc the build quality seems to be better than the Bo One.

All in all I’m not sure this is going to be my next love, but the jury is still out….

Will keep you posted on second and third impressions.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
As I wasn’t happy with the longevity of my Bo One battery and durability of the Bo One pods (too much cracked mouthpieces lately; maybe they’ll improve on that in the near future), I started looking around for an alternative.

Two days ago I received the V2 Vertx (normal version, not the ‘Plus’).

Here are my first thoughts on it.

Initially I didn’t really like it. Compared to the Bo One the draw is much tighter and I’m not used to having to use a firing button. I also had trouble getting consistent draws. As it turns out the latter may have been due to a defective pod, as I haven’t had any problems with consistent draws after replacing the pod with a new one. However the very first pod not working properly makes me somewhat hesitant as that is exactly the reason for moving away from the Bo One for now.

Now – 1,5 days later – I’m starting to like the Vertx more and more. Getting used to the tighter draw and the firing button, although I still prefer loser draw and automatic. The taste of the V2 Red is great. It’s rather neutral tabacco-ish which suits me fine. Bo’s Gold RX is much sweeter and though I love that taste, after a few hours it may start to nauseate a bit (like eating to much chocolate; which I love too J). Vapor could be a bit more. The pod seems to last a long time however. Have only run through 35-40% of it in 24 hours while I’d vape an entire Bo-pod in a day. That doesn’t make it cheaper than the Bo by much btw as the pods are rather expensive, although there are refillable pods (which I haven’t used yet).

Main drawback at present for me is it’s size: about 15 cm long. I really would like something smaller and with a carrying case. If the Vertx had been in the shape of the Bo One or My Von Erl I might switch to the Vertx regardless of the tighter draw and firing button, bc the build quality seems to be better than the Bo One.

All in all I’m not sure this is going to be my next love, but the jury is still out….

Will keep you posted on second and third impressions.

Here is something you might keep your eye on. It is kinda a Melding of a Pod Mod and Coil-Head All-in-One.

ELIS-ISCA40-2.jpg

iCare 2 - Eleaf electronic cigarette

It has just been released. So there Isn't a lot of User Feedback on it. But the Filling/Refilling looks straight forward. As does changing the Coil-Head.

Reactions: stols001

BarbaraGR

Aug 19, 2017
Here is something you might keep your eye on. It is kinda a Melding of a Pod Mod and Coil-Head All-in-One.
ELIS-ISCA40-2.jpg

iCare 2 - Eleaf electronic cigarette

It has just been released. So there Isn't a lot of User Feedback on it. But the Filling/Refilling looks straight forward. As does changing the Coil-Head.
Yes have been looking into the iCare although I had not seen this one yet. Will look into it. Do you have any idea what the vapor production will be like?

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Yes have been looking into the iCare although I had not seen this one yet. Will look into it. Do you have any idea what the vapor production will be like?

I don't know much about this new iCare2. Only that the Size looks nice. And it takes replaceable Coil-Heads like many other Tanks do.

For the Price, 15 ~ 20 bucks, I am going to get one. And if I don't like it, I'll just give it to some I know who Vapes.

Reactions: BarbaraGR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread