Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnD0406

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
It's been said by quite a few well known beta testers here that the screen is the same. Maybe sourced from a different supplier (hence different part numbers?) but dimensions are supposedly identical to the large screens.

How about an interview with Field of Vapor, who has a direct line to Brandon at Evolv, telling you the screen is different? Listen from 1:07:00, or jump right to 1:08:30.

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
You would be correct if you made the distinction between a genuine K4 and a [ah-hem!?] copy.

I have two genuine and six "copies". Two of the copies have never been opened. One of those, made more recently, is a dead ringer for the original, down to the tell tale clue for copies not being present. It goes in the atty museum along with some other FT stuff.

Two serve as bases for bell caps (so I can distinguish them from the real thing). They vape "okay", better than the myriad sub-tanks. One I dropped into the garbage last night 'cause it won't work no matter what spring goes in it. The sixth I use, off and on, with the PMMA tank. It, too, will soon go to the dump since it needs constant adjustment of the 510.

So much of the K4 complaints come from confusing the real from the counterfeit. Genuine: no problems. Counterfeit: headaches.
Cheer up. I was just kidding around with KTMRider.

Personally I couldn't care less about a kf4, clone or original.

Regards
Tony

Sent from my keyboard through my phone or something like that.

Reactions: KTMRider

Yozhik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Chicago, IL
How about an interview with Field of Vapor, who has a direct line to Brandon at Evolv, telling you the screen is different? Listen from 1:07:00, or jump right to 1:08:30.

It's quite possible that both of you are right. It may be a new screen, but with similar dimensions as the old one.

Spirometry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2014
New Orleans

He says he has a Nitecore flashlight with the same screen as a small screen dna40 and the dna200 has a different screen.

Yozhik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Chicago, IL
I'm looking at both of them and they do look identical. Same resolution.

The Sx350J uses a 0.91" 128x32 display, which only the DNA40 large screen compares to (except YiHi didn't include screen glitches ;). The DNA 20/30/40 small screen is a 0.69" 96x16 display.

Sptz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Is there a thread or a list somewhere of SX350J commercially available mods? I only know of SX Mini M (Had it and sold it cause it was too big and too heavy) and the Boxer, can't charge with USB kind of a deal breaker for me.

I wish there was something like a VaporShark type of form factor with this chip, I much prefer it to the DNA40

Yozhik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Chicago, IL
Is there a thread or a list somewhere of SX350J commercially available mods? I only know of SX Mini M (Had it and sold it cause it was too big and too heavy) and the Boxer, can't charge with USB kind of a deal breaker for me.

I wish there was something like a VaporShark type of form factor with this chip, I much prefer it to the DNA40

YiHi and Boxer are the main two. Svapiamo, who make gorgeous box mods, is about to sell some 350j-based mods. FYI, their website is all in Italian.

Last edited:

Sptz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
YiHi and Boxer are the main two. Svapiamo, who make gorgeous box mods, is about to sell some 350j-based mods. FYI, their website is all in Italian.

I love that design! Do you have any more info like, what type of battery it takes? How is the access to the battery compartment? I didn't see any of that info on their website.

Last edited:

Yozhik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Chicago, IL
I love that design! Do you have any more info like, what type of battery it takes? How is the access to the battery compartment? I didn't see any of that info on their website.

Single 18650 / Magnetic door that attaches to battery, battery and door held in by clips / 200 euro.

Looks like the first batch sold out already:

yihi sx 350 J

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
So. Goven its order tome for a good realisble temp control mod after trying some really crap ones.

For $30 mlre the bew dna200 box from opus or the sx mini m class? It hasnt been out too long but i wonder if ill regret buying the niw older tech gs annew dna 200 board.

Any thoughts from owners here of shortcomings in the m class. If it was you (and try to be unbiased) would you get the opus 200? I helieve the opus is also smaller and kifhter and will obvioulsy offer better battery life than ansingle 18650

My instinct was to click by on the m class but im second guessing that now wondering if more power later and many more features (stainless steel temp control and thermo control) would make the opus 200 a better buy

Thabks for your thoughts.

Yozhik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Chicago, IL
So. Goven its order tome for a good realisble temp control mod after trying some really crap ones.

For $30 mlre the bew dna200 box from opus or the sx mini m class? It hasnt been out too long but i wonder if ill regret buying the niw older tech gs annew dna 200 board.

Any thoughts from owners here of shortcomings in the m class. If it was you (and try to be unbiased) would you get the opus 200? I helieve the opus is also smaller and kifhter and will obvioulsy offer better battery life than ansingle 18650

My instinct was to click by on the m class but im second guessing that now wondering if more power later and many more features (stainless steel temp control and thermo control) would make the opus 200 a better buy

Thabks for your thoughts.

The battery life of the Opus 200 is pretty much comparable to the SX Mini, both will last you a day with regular use. If you use high power on either, batteries will run out quicker. However, only with the SX Mini can you swap batteries, the Opus needs to be plugged into a charger. YiHi has also added support for Titanium and could add support for stainless steel in the future.

Reactions: JimScotty0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread