Status
Not open for further replies.

LeoRex

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
United States
A few weeks back, I got a bottle of Huntsman with an order... After letting it breathe a bit, I gave it a vape and really only got a strong, woodsy kind of taste. It wasn't bad, don't get me wrong, but it seemed really one-noted. Granted, I was going through a hard battle with VT, so I did appreciate getting to taste something :) but it really didn't excite me the same as the Legend and DF that I had. But I kept vaping since it was the strong woodsy taste that kind of helped me get through the VT, so I can thank it for that.

But now, a few weeks in, with time to allow it to mature... That this juice is far from that one noted, 'vaping an oak tree' impression I first got. Sure, that paul bunyan base is still there, but a rather interesting sweetness is starting to make its presence known, and I have to say, it has really woken up nicely. That sweetness tempers the earthiness, balances it out nicely.

What started as a juice that I may or may not have given a second thought to has become one that I am going to be sure I keep up a good supply along with, well, all the other HHVs I've tried to date.

Now it's time to go dipping into that bottle of Serendipity that I got during the same order that's been kind of ignored this whole time... I didn't taste ANYTHING from that the first week (damn you VT) so I figured I'd just leave it alone while I recovered. I am really interested to see where that has gone. Now, where is that atty? :)

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Hey Leo, gotta say I'm looking forward to trying all the net's from hhv , just got 100 mls of Legend with extra extract cause I'm fighting with VT too . Sorry if I'm going a little off topic here but gotta ask if you could still taste food with your VT ? I can still taste food but I get nothing from any of my juices .

LeoRex

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
United States
Yeah.. that's the crazy thing. It has really only affected my juice tastes.... Odd...

As for flavor.... Legend was the first one I tried from HHV.... and it was like trumpets and angels and such... I've since got Dragon's Fire (sweet like Legend, but more butterscotchy I think), Huntsman, and a couple of drips of Serendipity (still waiting to get a look at that one). The TINOs (tobacco in name only) really pale in comparison... there's just a richness of flavor to a NET that the others can't replicate.

As for VT... even with extra extract, I had a hard time getting full flavor from Legend ... even now, it kind of comes and goes and I don't get the fullness of it. That wonderful flavor, ironically, is probably what caused the VT in the first place. After teetoodling the someone blah juices I had, I went a little overboard when I got my first bottles of legend and I think my vaping doubled or tripled overnight.

But like I said, I am still coming off it. ROYALLY sucks... every once and a while I get a vape and my inner Kahn voice goes "THERE she is.... there she is..." The VT is clearing, though, just slower than I'd like. As early as last week, I could only get a good tasting vape at night... but today, I got flavor, still muted a little, all day. But progress is progress.

What helped was that I started switching out... and I picked up a strong, non-tobacco flavor (Ecto from MBV) that kind of powered through the VT. Huntsman also managed to break its way through... that earthy base is pretty strong. And I picked up an little atty... they aren't fibbing when they say dripping on a simple atty gives the most flavor you can get. It worked well, so much that I just ordered a Smoke RDA so I could spend less time dripping and more time vaping.

Drink lots of water, switch juices, lots of mouthwash... and just be patient. Don't get discouraged if you vape that Legend and get a 'meh' vape... it'll come. Do you have anything like a strong citris flavor? I picked up the Ecto (with an extra shot) specifically becauseI figured that if I was going to taste something, it'd be Ecto (with its orange/tangerine flavor).

LeoRex

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
United States
I'll probably order all 3.

Why not? :) yeah.... I haven't gone through all of them yet. I've been trying to build up a good supply of my favorite juices first before branching out too much. Got some of HHV's other non-NETs, some stuff from ecblend's dragon line, a RDA and some coil building supplies... more legend and Huntsman, and maybe another NET I haven't tried are at the top of the list on the next one though...

But Huntsman really surprised me. It's the first time I had a juice that wasn't my favorite at first, but then really improved with a little time and vaping...and an awesome change of pace from the sweetness of Legend and DF.

Voltron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2011
San Juan, PR
Hula is gonna LOVE you! You might just have scored yourself a little cyber-date with the gal later tonight. ;)

Seriously, I'll have to order a bottle of Huntsman for sure. You described the initial taste perfectly. I once had a sample that I vaped before it steeped properly, and it left me with the same impression as yours. Now I'll definitely include it on my next order.

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
I like to switch flavors all day. I start the mornings with CinCity or Mocha Java Smooth (and one of their NETs). Then I vape various NETs all day and night. During the day, I always have something else loaded to give a slight kick to the taste buds - most often one of Ahlusion's juices.

I carry a small bottle of HHV Peppermint Blast for those times I want to give the tongue a real kick in the buds. Clears the tongue and sinuses and cools the throat at the same time.

I haven't experience VT, but a friend went through it. I first heard about it somewhere on ECF and the advice was to aim the steam in various directions in the mouth rather than pointing to the same spot every vape. Seems to have worked for me so far, and I vape 7 to 10+ ml per day.

LeoRex

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
United States
Guessing your switching is what is helping you out... not sure though. What did me in is that I after trying out Legend in a 6ml bottles, I immediately picked up a 30... When that one came in, well, I kind of did my best to empty it as soon as I could. Total overload... whatever part of my sense of taste picked up the backbone of Legend got completely fried. Legend, DF... *poof* and Serendipity was non-existent.

Sad times.

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
If you like Huntsman (and really, how can you not like Huntsman), but want something a little lighter, less colorful to not distract you, try Dark Horse. It's the ground that Huntsman walks on; uncomplicated but earthy.

I just finished off the last few drops of my first mature bottle last night, while it's replacement is still a shade away from finishing steeping. But it'll vape well. I savor every moment I have with Huntsman. It's HHV's hidden gem.

LeoRex

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
United States
Yeah.... there's still a bunch I have yet to try... HA, Dark Horse, Oompa, Pirate's Booty, Shadow and Sludge. Next buy will probably have one or two in there along with a big bottle of... man.... I have this primal urge to hoard 50ml bottles of every HHV NET that I've tried to date...

I dumped some Huntsman into a 10ml needled bottle to make it easier to drip into my RDA, and a couple of minutes later, I kind of panicked when I saw that the Huntman bottle was down by half. Had to remind myself to it's in another bottle....

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
If you like Huntsman (and really, how can you not like Huntsman), but want something a little lighter, less colorful to not distract you, try Dark Horse. It's the ground that Huntsman walks on; uncomplicated but earthy.

I just finished off the last few drops of my first mature bottle last night, while it's replacement is still a shade away from finishing steeping. But it'll vape well. I savor every moment I have with Huntsman. It's HHV's hidden gem.

I agree, Dark horse is an unsung hero of mine. I have a couple of 50ml bottles reaching the 5 month steep mark. Yum! :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread