Why did I have to get vaper's tongue NOW!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeoRex

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
United States
OK... this pretty much sucks sewage... I finally start to build up a supply of some HHV nets.. Got a nice large bottle of Legend, Dipity and Huntsman, with another large bottle of Legend and Dragon's Fire about to get mixed and sent my way... I got the first three bottles last week and aawwwww yeah... vaping heaven. :)

Then I get vaper's tongue. It's the only thing I can explain away the absolute lack of flavor I am seeing now. When I got that first shipment, once I let it breathe for a couple of days, I started hitting the Legend like a fiend on a bender... I was trying my best to wear out my supply of carts.. :) and I think my overzealous vaping might have fried my taste buds to the point where they checked out and went on vacation. The Legend that tasted AWESOME is now nonexistent... dipity... which is supposed to be a kind of stronger Legend (right?). Well, there's a slight woodsy note in there, but nothing else. The only solace I have is that I am at least getting a little from the Huntsman (which as a Paul Bunyun slap to the head last week, now it is Charlie Brown Christmas Tree).

Oh... how the universe hates me. :(

I have some ecto-cooler from MBV coming in soon.. maybe I can assault my sense of taste back into reality by killing a tank or two of that... can't get much farther removed from HHV NETs as that stuff I would think.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
OK... this pretty much sucks sewage... I finally start to build up a supply of some HHV nets.. Got a nice large bottle of Legend, Dipity and Huntsman, with another large bottle of Legend and Dragon's Fire about to get mixed and sent my way... I got the first three bottles last week and aawwwww yeah... vaping heaven. :)

Then I get vaper's tongue. It's the only thing I can explain away the absolute lack of flavor I am seeing now. When I got that first shipment, once I let it breathe for a couple of days, I started hitting the Legend like a fiend on a bender... I was trying my best to wear out my supply of carts.. :) and I think my overzealous vaping might have fried my taste buds to the point where they checked out and went on vacation. The Legend that tasted AWESOME is now nonexistent... dipity... which is supposed to be a kind of stronger Legend (right?). Well, there's a slight woodsy note in there, but nothing else. The only solace I have is that I am at least getting a little from the Huntsman (which as a Paul Bunyun slap to the head last week, now it is Charlie Brown Christmas Tree).

Oh... how the universe hates me. :(

I have some ecto-cooler from MBV coming in soon.. maybe I can assault my sense of taste back into reality by killing a tank or two of that... can't get much farther removed from HHV NETs as that stuff I would think.

Leo, how long have you been vaping for? It is very common for newer vapers to callous their tongues from the hot vapor. It goes away after awhile but there is an adjustment period. Using listerine frequently aids in the healing.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Welcome to the party! I'm on the same train, however, I AM seeing (even going into the) light at the end of the tunnel. YAY!!!

I can relate to your predicament, Leo, but this to shall pass.

Gary, I agree totally - pickin' up a cold one, or four didn't work either, but yup I was feeling better for it.

I'm pretty sure mine comes from my sinuses, which I've been working on as long as I can remember. They seemed to be getting better for a long time until the last few years. (Yet, another reason to quit the stinkies!)

LeoRex

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
United States
Leo, how long have you been vaping for?
Been vaping for months, but haven't dealt with it until now. I think the issue is that up until a few weeks ago, I hadn't found a juice I love.. so I wasn't really vaping more than a ml or so a day.

I got my first 6ml bottles from HHV only a few weeks ago to check them out, and for some reason, I've been vaping far more since then. Heh.

I think I just overloaded things.. I know I should probably ease off and let my taste buds settle, but I'll see if I can knock it down by switching to a different juice for a bit. Maybe that will work.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Been vaping for months, but haven't dealt with it until now. I think the issue is that up until a few weeks ago, I hadn't found a juice I love.. so I wasn't really vaping more than a ml or so a day.

I got my first 6ml bottles from HHV only a few weeks ago to check them out, and for some reason, I've been vaping far more since then. Heh.

I think I just overloaded things.. I know I should probably ease off and let my taste buds settle, but I'll see if I can knock it down by switching to a different juice for a bit. Maybe that will work.

It sounds like your tongue is burning up is all. It gets calloused with high vapor usage. That's hot steam blasting your mouth and it has to adapt. It'll last a couple/three weeks and subside. You can help it along with frequent antiseptic mouthwashing.

LeoRex

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
United States
Ug... I was hoping it was just a dehydration thing and chugging water... I've been chugging water like a stoner getting ready for a drug test... not really helping much.

So what you are basically saying is that there is no quick fix... rinse with mouthwash... and just wait for my tongue to turn into a tire tread and I'll start tasting my new ADV again at some point in the middle of August.

drats! heh

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Ug... I was hoping it was just a dehydration thing and chugging water... I've been chugging water like a stoner getting ready for a drug test... not really helping much.

So what you are basically saying is that there is no quick fix... rinse with mouthwash... and just wait for my tongue to turn into a tire tread and I'll start tasting my new ADV again at some point in the middle of August.

drats! heh

I don' know how far along you are in the healing process. But you don't have much of a choice. Just do the listerine a couple times a day and it will get better.

LeoRex

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
United States
Yeah... I'm wither 10 days or a around 2 1/2 weeks in... can't be 100% sure though. :) but I'll be patient I guess. Suppose I can look at it this way; while I recover, I'll use less juice and I've gone from having to switch batteries on my Vamo from every other day to every three or four days. heh... AND it will give my juice more steep time (wouldn't have the patience otherwise)

tntmux

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2013
paris
Hello, I have currently the same issue, well not with Legend but another juice which used to be my favorate. I am not quite sure either it is a tongue problem or not, because I can still get a good taste from other juices. It has been going on for more than a month and I still get no taste from my old favorate, soo sad. I even start to suspect that my juice went bad for a reason I dont know.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Hello, I have currently the same issue, well not with Legend but another juice which used to be my favorate. I am not quite sure either it is a tongue problem or not, because I can still get a good taste from other juices. It has been going on for more than a month and I still get no taste from my old favorate, soo sad. I even start to suspect that my juice went bad for a reason I dont know.

If you're still getting flavor from other liquids, chances are that it is not vapors tongue. If you get vapors tongue, nothing will have much flavor.

tntmux

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2013
paris
If you're still getting flavor from other liquids, chances are that it is not vapors tongue. If you get vapors tongue, nothing will have much flavor.
Thanks, I dont really know why, the flavor changed all of a sudden, the other day while I was driving, I accidentally raised the voltage and on the next puff I got no hot sweet flavor which it should be, but a cool burnt soured taste, and ever since, no matter what I do, change coil, change the clearo, nothing helped.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Stupid question but I'm going to throw it out here anyway. Did you remember to lower your voltage too?

That is NOT a stupid question Robin. In fact it is the perfect question and you beat me to it. So many people think to raise their volts instead of lowering them.

LeoRex

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
United States
Yeah... I am coming out of it slowly... Every day, I am getting a little bit more flavor. It's not just a steeping thing. I have a couple of other juices that I have that pack a little more punch and they were really muted.. and now I am starting to pick up their nuances.

Basically, what I ended up doing is just take frequent water breaks, switched up juices often (feasible, at least, now that I actually have a growing lineup) and lots of rinses with some mouthwash. I kind of vape in spurts.... and after vaping for a few minutes, I can tell that my taste starts to wane... but the amount of time it takes for the flavor to fade is getting longer and longer now.

I'd say that... man, it's been a good month now since it really kicked in and it has been a bit of a trying time since it also coincided with me finally finding some flavors I really like and building up a supply so I am not living order to order. But I am on the tail end of things now.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Yeah... I am coming out of it slowly... Every day, I am getting a little bit more flavor. It's not just a steeping thing. I have a couple of other juices that I have that pack a little more punch and they were really muted.. and now I am starting to pick up their nuances.

Basically, what I ended up doing is just take frequent water breaks, switched up juices often (feasible, at least, now that I actually have a growing lineup) and lots of rinses with some mouthwash. I kind of vape in spurts.... and after vaping for a few minutes, I can tell that my taste starts to wane... but the amount of time it takes for the flavor to fade is getting longer and longer now.

I'd say that... man, it's been a good month now since it really kicked in and it has been a bit of a trying time since it also coincided with me finally finding some flavors I really like and building up a supply so I am not living order to order. But I am on the tail end of things now.

Good! No one will be able to say you have no taste. :)

Try vaping a little cooler too Leo. You might be vaping too warm and that will beat up your tongue too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread