You mean to tell me I just spent $67...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kencan98

Oct 4, 2010
New York
This will be one of those instances where something got banned "just because"?
Or will the FDA and its cronies come up with a fake list of incorrect statements to show off as facts just to get it shot down by the majority?

I hate to dig up a month old thread but I had to chime in on this one. The tobacco lobby is one of the biggest in the halls of congress. E-cigs (IMO) are the best, fastest and easiest way to quit. They understand that the day is coming where vaping will become "mainstream" and people will start to really find out about it. When that happens, big tobacco will be in serious trouble. DC won't let this happen.

MsOceanCity

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2009
New Jersey
I hate to dig up a month old thread but I had to chime in on this one. The tobacco lobby is one of the biggest in the halls of congress. E-cigs (IMO) are the best, fastest and easiest way to quit. They understand that the day is coming where vaping will become "mainstream" and people will start to really find out about it. When that happens, big tobacco will be in serious trouble. DC won't let this happen.

My sentiments exactly. I believe the tobacco lobby is the 3rd biggest in Washington and I been saying, since day 1 of vaping(17 months ago), that these guys won't go down without a BIG fight. I do envision, in my fantasy, a future time where cigarettes don't exist and everybody is vaping:p

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Even more threatening is the Phama Lobby. Few politicians are crazy about being seen as "in bed" with BT, but being associated with Big Pharma doesn't carry as much of a stigma. Case in point is the new Speaker of the House, John Boehner. This guy was caught in '93 handing out checks from tobacco companies on the House floor. He was only mildly embarrassed. But he is a big beneficiary of Big Pharma money and their "go to" guy in the House, a position of which he is proud.

We can expect no help whatsoever from a Boehner led Congress, no matter what the facts are about E-cigs and health. Boehner and the FDA are both on the same side of this issue (Pharma's side).

At least with the nanny Dems, they could possibly be persuaded to do something if the health issues were rammed home to them hard enough. Their objections to e-cigs were mostly grounded in health issues. With this Congress, we are up against the insurmountable wall of big money campaign contributions. Boehner knows who butters his bread, and it's largely BT and BP. In the history of the House, there has never been a speaker so beholden to BP.

The FDA might be Big Pharma's home team, but Boehner is their water boy.

Last edited:

I too, had to chime in - You are right about DC not letting this happen, because it's what assists in lining pockets because of the ridiculous taxations placed on the tobacco industry. Heck here in TX a pack of Marlboro are darn near 7 bucks a pack. It's a cruel cruel world we live in folks. NJoy had a big win this week I hope that it send a loud and clear message to DC

KEEP SMILING AND HAPPY VAPING MY FORUM FRIENDS!

Even more threatening is the Phama Lobby. Few politicians are crazy about being seen as "in bed" with BT, but being associated with Big Pharma doesn't carry as much of a stigma. Case in point is the new Speaker of the House, John Boehner. This guy was caught in '93 handing out checks from tobacco companies on the House floor. He was only mildly embarrassed. But he is a big beneficiary of Big Pharma money and their "go to" guy in the House, a position of which he is proud.

We can expect no help whatsoever from a Boehner led Congress, no matter what the facts are about E-cigs and health. Boehner and the FDA are both on the same side of this issue (Pharma's side).

At least with the nanny Dems, they could possibly be persuaded to do something if the health issues were rammed home to them hard enough. Their objections to e-cigs were mostly grounded in health issues. With this Congress, we are up against the insurmountable wall of big money campaign contributions. Boehner knows who butters his bread, and it's largely BT and BP. In the history of the House, there has never been a speaker so beholden to BP.

The FDA might be Big Pharma's home team, but Boehner is their water boy.

WOW! Did not know this. Thanks for the DL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread