You pick my next mod. Private V2 clone or M16 clone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exhaler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
Mountains of NC, USA
For those of you that have ordered the M16 clone if you got it from vaportekusa, have any of you gotten a shipping confirmation etc? I ordered mine from there on the 12th and still no updates on it yet......

The way I read it, 15-20 days to manufacture from 7/19 (his posted year is wrong), then ship from China (7-10 Days) to SC then ship to you. Perhaps 3-4 weeks from today? I'm ordering one, like the looks. We will need to have patience.

Yes, I did order one also.

Last edited:

Exhaler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
Mountains of NC, USA
I bought the M16 clone from AKA Vapers

Thus far, I've noticed around a 5% voltage drop. Outside of that, I do like it. It is extremely light and with a battery in is pretty solid. Even in 18650 mode, this is a small mod. The button is like silk. I've had no issues with misfires.

Thanks for the mini review. That's all good to hear. I like small solid mods.

joejoe

Aug 10, 2010
Cabo San Lucas, MX
I received my M16 and V2 clones, as well as a sigelei #8w. I prefer the weight and feel of the #8w over the V2 and M16 clones, mostly has to do with the #8w being made of SS vs. the M16 and V2 made of aluminum. I read (but haven't tested it myself) that the #8w is seeing a 0.2 voltage drop, which if true, is pretty stellar. I'm pretty pleased with the V2 and the M16 thus far. They look nice, they feel nice and I like the compact size of the M16. The V2 doesn't have an 18350 mode, but it is compatible with 18500 batteries. It will use 18350 bats if you use a kick. I would like to hear more reviews on the voltage drop numbers of the M16 and V2 clones. Thanks

Last edited:
Looks like a cheap ... m-16. If you get a chance, go to a store and compare. they got the shape right...but thats it. Inferior machining, materials, craftsmanship. And it says gand vapors on it. in my opinion...clones are cool..it actually shows you the quality of the real thing. But copying logos and serial numbers is not cool. Just because theyre in the Filippines and its made in china and sold out here...and your under no legal obligation not to copy it.....still dirty. As a matter of fact...itll lead to people ripping off newbs passing em off as real ones. Oh and they forgot to put the big m-16 logo on the side.

Lando80

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2013
Louisville KY
someone is selling a silver plated upgrade kit that gives the m16 a floating silver positive post and a bigger negative contact that is also silver plated. Ive seen a review on youtube but it wasnt in english Sentinel clone silver pin assembly - YouTube Does anyone know which vendor is selling these? Google isnt doing me any good.

Socalvapster

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Rosemead, California
I ordered both M16 clone in all brass and the Private v2 from Fasttech. It was cheap enough. I don't see why I should spend the money on the real ones if the clones are available. If the function is similar and the asthetics are there, saves me money. I'd rather spend it on my 2nd ammendment rights for more guns and ammo.:D

Last edited:

garfield82

Apr 10, 2013
KS
I got my M16 clone from Vaportekusa, so far I love it! It is very light and you can tell its pretty cheaply made, but it's very solid in my opinion, and no issues so far.

Sadly I had ordered it b4 fast tech put theirs up or I could have saved a few bucks. Have a Private V2 coming from them, can't wait to try it out.

I'm all for clones as far as saving money, although I don't agree with the name/ logo copying. Plus they're a good way to introduce ppl to mechs and they can always purchase a higher quality authentic later on after they get a handle on using them.

Archiex

Jul 30, 2013
San Jose
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread