Youde Goliath V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashtrayogdc

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2013
Saskatchewan
Take a little sandpaper or even an Emery board to the bottom of the screws, that often helps. Make sure the wires in the hole are side-by-side when you insert the legs to ensure even screw pressure on both coil legs. And remember, the screws don't need a lot of torque; a good test to see if they're tight enough is to wiggle the legs (before you trim them) and see if the coils move. If they don't, it's tight enough, if it does, tighten just a bit more, test again.

If all else fails (or you're using Ni200), you can double the legs; leave them longer than normal, fold the legs in half almost back to the coil so that the leg is "stacked" double (and feel free to trim the end near the coil if it looks like it might contact), then insert and tighten as normal. You've essentially made a spacer out of that extra wire, making it less likely to get cut by the screws, and it has no impact on resistance or conductivity.

As far as having trouble taking it apart, be sure to lube the everlovin' hell out of it with juice, even the outside so that juice gets in the tiny gaps where the AFC and juice flow rings spin. Do that and it's a helluva lot easier to take apart, or operate.
Great tips thanks again I did a build and no problems this time.

Couple things that are kind of annoying me though so far.

Whistling. Man it whistles bad if you have it in the wrong spot. I notice it's the worst about a quarter of the afc open. Unfortunately that seems to be the spot I want it at and it just whistles so badly it's kind of disappointing.

Another thing I've noticed is that it is leaking out of what seems to be the base. At the very bottom. When I remove it there is a ring of juice around my 510 connection. I'm sure I'm just doing something stupid though to cause it.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Great tips thanks again I did a build and no problems this time.

Couple things that are kind of annoying me though so far.

Whistling. Man it whistles bad if you have it in the wrong spot. I notice it's the worst about a quarter of the afc open. Unfortunately that seems to be the spot I want it at and it just whistles so badly it's kind of disappointing.

Another thing I've noticed is that it is leaking out of what seems to be the base. At the very bottom. When I remove it there is a ring of juice around my 510 connection. I'm sure I'm just doing something stupid though to cause it.
Yeah, the AFC does whistle on mine when closed off using the two post RTA. What is odd the opposite happens when I use the premade coils, then I get a slight whistle with it wide open, and have to close it off slightly.

The leaking around the 510 is probably condensation build up leaking out around the AFC ring.

Reactions: ashtrayogdc

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
Yeah, that's just condensation on the bottom, not juice. Don't sweat it (see what I did there?). Most drippers have the same problem. You can, however, get in the habit of just blowing a puff of air through the AFC slot now and then to keep the buildup down. I might go through my o-ring collection this evening and see if I can find one that'll fit on the inside bottom of the air chamber, that might seal it off better, at least reduce the amount that leaks out the bottom.

Not much you can do about the whistle though.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Anybody try rebuilding the ROCC heads? I am thinking about giving it a go today, I have two of them I've used, and one disassembled already. If I have success, I'll post back, or edit this post with the results.

Side note, really liking the current 26g kanthal build I threw in the RTA head, after using Ti and temp limiting for a month, I had to tweak my wicking a bit more with the kanthal build to avoid dry hits, but once I did that, man its a good vape.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
I thought about rebuilding the ROCC heads, just to have a quick swap for flavor changes. But I'm pretty much all temp control all the time now, and the legs are too long to really work well in that application.

Wouldn't mind having a spare RTA deck though.
Yeah, I don't think a nickel / Ti build would work the best either, even though the legs wouldn't really be that long, rocc is pretty short, and doesn't require a vert coil, but the connection still isn't very stable with the insulator / metal plug.

But yeah, that is basically my thought, I have 4 of the ROCCs, figured I could build them, and carry them with me for a spare to swap in if something goes wrong with my RTA build when out on the road / away from rebulding tools.

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
Back in the dark Ni200 days, I used to carry a spare set of pre-wicked coils in a little ziplock bag (spaced coils wrapped around the wick, sorta silica style).

You could do something similar with the Goliath (or any two post RTA/RDA): Wrap, mount, clip, wick, trim (but don't wet), then unmount the coils and store them. All you'd need then for a reasonably quick change would be a screwdriver.

ashtrayogdc

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2013
Saskatchewan
Yeah, that's just condensation on the bottom, not juice. Don't sweat it (see what I did there?). Most drippers have the same problem. You can, however, get in the habit of just blowing a puff of air through the AFC slot now and then to keep the buildup down. I might go through my o-ring collection this evening and see if I can find one that'll fit on the inside bottom of the air chamber, that might seal it off better, at least reduce the amount that leaks out the bottom.

Not much you can do about the whistle though.
Did you try the o-ring inside the bottom of the air chamber? I have been doing the blow through the AFC slot with a napkin and that seems to help a lot so thnx for that tip. I just went through 3 tanks without doing it though and man the puddle was really bad this time. I took the tank off my mod and there was actually juice in the 510 pin *L* Not cool :/

Not sure if it was just so much condensation or if I'm doing something wrong. Seems like there shouldn't be that much juice building up like that. idk....

ETA : This is why I have been using the Bellus a lot more lately. None of that juice build up on the mod. I still like the flavor I get from the Goliath over the Bellus though. They are both great tanks but I think the ease of use and the fact that there is no condensation build up on the Bellus makes me like it more, even though I find the flavor from the Goliath better.

ashtrayogdc

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2013
Saskatchewan
I agree about the G2. It's my favorite performer. The flavor and dense warm vape are excellent. But the leaking...... constantly a ring of juice on top of my mod.

It's a shame, cuz it vapes so darn good. If I could figure out a way to stop the leaks, I would own several of them.... especially at that price!
I was having the same problem and did what Croak suggested. Put an oring inside the AFC. I couldn't find one that quite fit so I just cut a little piece out of it to make it fit. I went through 3 tanks and there was no condensation build up so far. Mind you I raised my coils up higher which I think is the real reason it's doing better. I had them pretty low before which I think is what was making the condensation so bad.

My recommend is to try raising your coils up higher. If you already have high raised coils, maybe give the oring in the AFC a shot. Might be whats helping with mine but I'm not sure. It's one or the other though.

ashtrayogdc

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2013
Saskatchewan
I've tried high coils, but it didn't help. I replaced the oring with one of the spares that came with it and it was great for about 3 days, then started leaking again.
Hmm well what I did was put an oring inside the actualy AFC part. Around on the inside where the seal of the base is. Mind you I've only been through three tanks so will have to see how it holds up.

awoodby

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2013
Livonia, mi
The Goliath V2 isn't too wide at all. The first few minutes were really annnoying until I took it apart and figured out how to turn the juice control ON! Egads, the cotton was dry as bone (I did originally prime) and burnt. Why do I want to turn juice totally off? Really needs some markings so you know what on and off is!

BUT, once I figured that out and opened it all the way, this tank is really kicking out at .5ohm which is great. Flavor and a ton of vapour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread