Youde Goliath V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghostin215

Mar 9, 2015
So the Youde Goliath is yet to start shipping out yet and there's already talks about a V2 in the works. I understand that the Goliath was only meant to be a limited edition but because of the high demand from vendors they decided to up the production. My question is, why would they be making a V2 without even having the V1 fully released yet? Wouldn't they want feedback from the actual end users before making modifications to the V1? Is it just so that they can capitalize on getting people to buy the V1 and then getting them to buy the V2 shortly after?

Ghostin215

Mar 9, 2015
Personally I think Youde screwed up on the Gloliath and covered it up by making it a "limited edition."

What do you mean "screwed up"? It's no longer "limited edition" but actually just called the Goliath. Do you mean that the Goliath has issues with it and the V2 is going to resolve those issues, being whatever they are?

Ghostin215

Mar 9, 2015
We won't know if they screwed up until we receive the tanks. The one Youtube review (Ray) looks positive though.

Yea, he's the only one who has a review of it (apparently he works closely with them, so he could just be playing it up) but it seems like there's a lot of positives to it and they made good changes from the Goblin into the Goliath. I really want to pre-order but hearing about how there's going to be a V2 available so soon makes me wonder if I should wait.

SaabFanatic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2014
Peterborough, Canada
Yea, he's the only one who has a review of it (apparently he works closely with them, so he could just be playing it up) but it seems like there's a lot of positives to it and they made good changes from the Goblin into the Goliath. I really want to pre-order but hearing about how there's going to be a V2 available so soon makes me wonder if I should wait.

Agreed, however I find technology moves so fast that by the time you are waiting for v2, v3 will be around the corner. Personally I got in on a pre-order from gearbest (think $26 including free shipping using the goliath code). At this price it's a gamble i'm willing to take.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Personally I think Youde screwed up on the Gloliath and covered it up by making it a "limited edition."

Its not so much a limited edition as a prototype really. As far as I understand it, Youde were going to junk the whole thing but got great feedback from Ray and decided to churn out a few thousand of the design they had in hand while they were working on improvements for the full release version. I don't see a problem with that. Its well known that there will be a new version so if someone buys the prototype they can't really complain imho! Im just happy that they seem to have rescued a design that would otherwise have been filed away and lost! Looking forward to this beast!

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
Its not so much a limited edition as a prototype really. As far as I understand it, Youde were going to junk the whole thing but got great feedback from Ray and decided to churn out a few thousand of the design they had in hand while they were working on improvements for the full release version. I don't see a problem with that. Its well known that there will be a new version so if someone buys the prototype they can't really complain imho! Im just happy that they seem to have rescued a design that would otherwise have been filed away and lost! Looking forward to this beast!

Yup that's the way I see it happening too, just like the Goblin v1 to v1.2.

Syfi

May 11, 2011
Spacecoast, FL
Changes discussed with Youde for v2

1) Redesign top cap to Eliminate cooling fins, but use that wasted space to store ejuice.
2) Tighten diameter consistency by recessing that juice ring to as flush as possible with only knurling extending.
3) Include a drip tip you cheap .......s.
4) Larger capacity Glass & Extended Stovepipe to be included

Ghostin215

Mar 9, 2015
Changes discussed with Youde for v2

1) Redesign top cap to Eliminate cooling fins, but use that wasted space to store ejuice.
2) Tighten diameter consistency by recessing that juice ring to as flush as possible with only knurling extending.
3) Include a drip tip you cheap .......s.
4) Larger capacity Glass & Extended Stovepipe to be included

Can you tell me where you got this info?

What do you mean "screwed up"? It's no longer "limited edition" but actually just called the Goliath. Do you mean that the Goliath has issues with it and the V2 is going to resolve those issues, being whatever they are?

What I mean is that they rushed the product before properly testing it. Clearly there were some design flaws or they wouldn't release a V2, let alone specs on it so soon.

I guess it's also possible that they have a terrible inexperienced marketing team.

This is along the lines of what I was thinking happened. It would have been a much, much better idea to release it as a prototype or have a "developer edition" just like Google has done with GoogleGlass or how you can get a developer edition of Oculus Rift.

Selling a product when you know you can do better rubs me the wrong way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread