The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Your custom mixes?

Discussion in 'Tasty Vapor' started by Michelle43, Mar 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Michelle43

Michelle43 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Dec 21, 2009
    North Dakota
    What custom mixes have you done that came out delicious?

I just placed an order for something I hope comes out tasting like the yummy turtles my grandma makes around Christmas! Chocolate, Pecan, Caramel
    Anyone try this before?

2. Belletrist

Belletrist Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Dec 21, 2009
    Virginia
    my custom (almond or amaretto/cinnamon/something creamy--left it up to them, lol) just shipped today. my fingers are crossed, i'll post when i try it!

3. geeker

geeker Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 12, 2009
    Neither here nor there
    Raspberry lime is GOOOD.

4. keveck

keveck Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 11, 2010
    aaa
    I ordered a custom Lime/Spearmint/Butter Rum mix today. I put in the comments to keep out as much butter taste as they could, because after I add some sweetener, this should taste somewhat like a mojito. Or it's going to taste like butt.

5. CartHeadMod

CartHeadMod Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 17, 2010
    Holland, Michigan
    omigorsh....I don't think I would even want to be close when someone ELSE tasted it.....

has anyone ever done an apricot stone sour?....I'm not fond of amaretto....

6. SailCat

SailCat Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 10, 2009
    Beaverton, OR
    On an earlier order I custom mixed peanut butter, coconut and honey. From now on I'm leaving up to them. ;)

Michael

7. WhatAClumsyGirl

WhatAClumsyGirl Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 1, 2009
    Mtns of Tennessee
    I got a sample from Karl of Cappuchino / Caramel / Vanilla that was extremely yummy. Ordered this mix yesterday..

8. Adpeig

Adpeig Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 26, 2010
    Surprise AZ
    well today i ordered a
    cofee cinimon and vanallia mix
    and a peach lemonaide.

i'll let you know how they turn out

but from what i hear u need to let them sit for a week to get the full taste

9. landlocked

landlocked Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 10, 2010
    Ok, USA
    bump.... got an order today and getting ready to place another.. I want to hear about more custom mixes.

10. UberDuper

UberDuper Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 18, 2009
    No place like ~/
    Peppermint / Chocolate. I asked for peppermint intensity and that's what I got. It's like a peppermint patty made from altoids which is very much what I wanted. I think I'm going to get a doubler of this to use as an all day zero nic vape. I got this at 20% VG and the vapor production is a bit lower then other 20% juices I've gotten from TV. I'll probably get the doubler at 35%.

UD.

11. Spawn68

Spawn68 Full Member ECF Veteran

Feb 22, 2009
    that does sound good i think ill try a order of that

12. WhatAClumsyGirl

Nov 1, 2009
    Mtns of Tennessee
    I also have a mix of Peppermint / Spearmint that is very good with a bit of his sweetener.

I want to try that Peppermint / chocolate mix...sounds wonderful :)

13. chainvapor

chainvapor Moved On ECF Veteran

Mar 3, 2010
    Kodak TN
    I've got some Tropical Punch by itself. Actually tastes just like Tropical Punch but I gues I am more of a Fruit Punch Guy. Trying to trade it for something. I think I may order a 60% Strawberry 25% Rasberry and 15% Blueberry in the future. Would really like to try it. I thought the Tropical would be great but I Guess I am not into the Citrus taste!! LOL :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

By the way, if anyone is interested I have the Tropical Punch in 48mg 0 VG and Doubler of the same in 50/50 PG/VG. Would love to trade same sizes of something else. Only made 1 15ml bottle of 18mg the tropical so both bottles are still almost full. Thanks!

14. landlocked

landlocked Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 10, 2010
    Ok, USA
    I have tropical punch... I would like it to be a little sweeter.. but I like it. Nothing a few drops of sweetener can't fix.

15. jgrubb

jgrubb Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2009
    I'm thinking of trying a custom mix of caramel, marshmallow, and tobacco.. The DIY gang said it should be close to Riskee or Ry4... :)

16. KuiHiggins

KuiHiggins Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 10, 2010
    Honolulu, HI
    I mixed Island Guava from strictlyejuice 2:1 with HV Orange Cremesicle from nhaler and that was really good. Any fruity juice mixed with that HV Orange Cremesicle tastes great, the orange doesn't interfere at all since you can't really taste it when it's by itself, just tastes like a creamy VG juice. Tonight I mixed choclate 2:1 with chocolate mint, both being from TW, mixed with an additional 3 drops of VG in a 3 ml bottle. The extra chocolate tones down the mint and the VG makes it a little creamy, it tastes really good!

17. martha1014

martha1014 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2009
    Delhi, LA USA
    I got tobacco/vanilla doubler. Do you mix the doubler with the nicotine the same way you would mix PG with it. Is the flavor strong enough.

18. WhatAClumsyGirl

Nov 1, 2009
    Mtns of Tennessee

Nope. It would be very weak flavoring..for me at least.

From what i understand it..and this is the easiest way for me to explain the doublers....

I buy 48 mg TastyFinger....then buy the doubler of Tastyfinger...

Then i mix the 48 mg half to half of the doubler and make it 24 mg. Or you can mix 1/4 of the 48mg with 3/4 of the Doubler and make it 12 mg nic.

With the 48 mg Tastyfinger and 4oz of the doubler...you can have 24 or 12 mg or even 6mg nic.....last forever...almost..

Hope this helps

19. makasin

makasin Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 22, 2010
    San Diego
    I made a custom mix of Tobacco/Chocolate #712/Vanilla at 24mg with 25% VG.
    It is delicious and easily the best liquid I have had. It tastes kinda like chocolate pudding. Sometimes I get more tobacco, sometimes more choc, sometimes more vanilla, depending on how many drags ive had since i dripped, if that makes any sense. Its really really good though, I would recommend people try it out. I was obsessed with RY4 and wanted something tobaccoey but also a little sweet and this definately delivered. Its my "spiritual successor" to RY4 and it much tastier. Thanks Tasy Vapor! Now im getting dulce du lece and strawberry cheesecake so hopefully those should be good too.

20. Poeia

Poeia Bird Brain Verified Member ECF Veteran

If you mix an e-liquid and a doubler of the same flavor, the concentration of the flavor will not change.

If both have the same % VG, that will not change but if they have different %s, it will change. You can figure out the new percent by doing averages (see below.)

Tasty Vapor carries e-liquids in 4 strengths. Here are the formulas for what you get when you mix the e-liquid with the matching doublers.

If you start with 48 MG E-liquid
    36 MG = 3 parts e-liquid + 1 part doubler
    32 MG = 2 parts e-liquid + 1 part doubler
    24 MG = 1 part e-liquid + 1 part doubler
    16 MG = 1 part e-liquid + 2 parts doubler
    12 MG = 1 part e-liquid + 3 parts doubler
    9.6 MG = 1 part e-liquid + 4 parts doubler (aka mix the whole bottles of each together)

If you start with 36 MG E-liquid
    27 MG = 3 parts e-liquid + 1 part doubler
    24 MG = 2 parts e-liquid + 1 part doubler
    18 MG = 1 part e-liquid + 1 part doubler
    12 MG = 1 part e-liquid + 2 parts doubler
    9 MG = 1 part e-liquid + 3 parts doubler
    7.2 MG = 1 part e-liquid + 4 parts doubler (aka mix the whole bottles of each together)

If you start with 24 MG E-liquid
    18 MG = 3 parts e-liquid + 1 part doubler
    16 MG = 2 parts e-liquid + 1 part doubler
    12 MG = 1 part e-liquid + 1 part doubler
    8 MG = 1 part e-liquid + 2 parts doubler
    6 MG = 1 part e-liquid + 3 parts doubler
    4.8 MG = 1 part e-liquid + 4 parts doubler (aka mix the whole bottles of each together)

If you start with 12 MG E-liquid
    9 MG = 3 parts e-liquid + 1 part doubler
    8 MG = 2 parts e-liquid + 1 part doubler
    6 MG = 1 part e-liquid + 1 part doubler
    4 MG = 1 part e-liquid + 2 parts doubler
    3 MG = 1 part e-liquid + 3 parts doubler
    2.4 MG = 1 part e-liquid + 4 parts doubler (aka mix the whole bottles of each together)

If you are mixing different e-liquids together and they have different strengths, you still just do averages. For example:
    1 part of liquid A @ 48% plus
    2 parts of liquid B @ 12% plus
    1 part doubler @ 0% equals
    4 parts @ 48+12+12+0 equals
    4 parts @ 72 equals
    18 for the mixture (72 divided by 4 parts)

That's the same way you figure out the % VG -- the sum of the %s divided by the number of parts in the mixture.

I hope that helps.

ETA: If you do any mixture except the last one in each group, you will run out of e-liquid before you run out of doubler so you'll won't have to buy the doubler next time.

If you do mix the whole bottles together you'll pay a whopping 20 cents per milliliter for your vape (17 cents if it was a Flavor of the Week.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.