Your experience with 18mg/ml nic e-juices

Status
Not open for further replies.

go_player

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2012
USA
If you over dose nicotine by vaping, your body will tell you. Youll get lightheaded, dizzy, nauseaus, maybe a little cold sweat on your forehead. This usually wil cause someone to put the mod down for a bit. These effects thankfully wear of fairly quickly. As natasha pointed out, wearing 2 time release patches meant she was getting a steady dose of nicotine that was only controllable by removing the patches, and if someone is having more serious symptoms, such as those she described, being able to think clearly enough to remove them was much more difficult to do than simply putting your mod down for a bit to let the nic wear off.

I completely agree with you, but... at times when I've intentionally vaped quite a lot of nicotine I noticed not just the immediate signs you describe, which do go away pretty quickly, but also as the day wore on a somewhat different set that seemed to have more to do with cumulative intake and didn't wear off so quickly. I'd compare it to having had a bit too much caffeine over the course of a day, not so much in its exact effect, but in its nature.

If I drink too much coffee over the course of a day I might be jittery for a while after the last cup, but I'll also feel sort of drawn for the rest of the day even after the immediate effects of the caffeine have worn off. Kind of like wearing the One Ring for too many years, and feeling like not enough butter spread over too much toast. But not quite as serious as that, I imagine...

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
I went from 1 1/2 packs of cigarettes a day to small pods with 50 MG in them. A couple weeks later went to some cartomizers with 24 mg in them. These were far too much for me in both cases.

I then went to a subtank mini with 9 mg nic and it was fine to stop smoking with. I went from 9 mg to 6 mg to 3 mg in a period of about six months. Then raised it to 4 mg where I am satisfied and don't have nicotine rushes out of it.

The only time I got nicotine rushes out of cigarettes was the first one of the day, after that I didn't notice it.

Asmani

May 18, 2018
Iran
If you over dose nicotine by vaping, your body will tell you. Youll get lightheaded, dizzy, nauseaus, maybe a little cold sweat on your forehead. This usually wil cause someone to put the mod down for a bit. These effects thankfully wear of fairly quickly. As natasha pointed out, wearing 2 time release patches meant she was getting a steady dose of nicotine that was only controllable by removing the patches, and if someone is having more serious symptoms, such as those she described, being able to think clearly enough to remove them was much more difficult to do than simply putting your mod down for a bit to let the nic wear off.
I experienced nicotine poisoning and it was exactly the way you described. It happened when I added 8 drops of 100mg nicotine liquid to 2.5ml of a 3mg juice. I should add that although the symptoms disappeared within 10 minutes, I was feeling down for the rest of the day, and my appetite was suppressed for a couple of hours.

go_player

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2012
USA
I see many of you guys say that you started as high as 50mg nic. You were definitely vaping MTL and at low wattage, right? Because no one around me (except myself) can vape DL with my 9mg juice (at 25w) without coughing.

I started with 24-32mg, and yes it was on terrible fixed voltage egos, many years ago. A friend of mine used to vape 48mg unflavored 100% VG in an iClear 16 (shudder.)

High nic is making a comeback though with nic salts and pod systems. What level is appropriate depends a lot on your equipment and style of vaping.

go_player

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2012
USA
Yep, I vape 18 mg which is NOT ungodly high for a 3 ppd smoker, but it's working so I'm not going to change it NOW.

And you Vape MTL, IIRC? I mainly DTL in RDAs these days, but I did MTL for a long time, and even with good modern tanks 18mg was my preferred strength. For me it’s really about total intake- in an MTL setup around 20 Watts I go through about a third the juice I would in an airy RDA. Not surprisingly, I prefer 18mg in an MTL tank, and 6mg in an RDA.

But I can see how if someone started with DTL on modern equipment 18mg would seem pretty high. I’ve vaped 18mg in a DTL RDA, and even though I tend to like nic it was a bit much. Equipment really makes a big difference.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

go_player

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2012
USA
And the individual person. People are different.

Yep, absolutely. But controlling for individual differences, equipment and vaping style (which is very tied to equipment) is a huge factor. As I said above, I can see how one might think 18mg very high if they started with a good modern DTL setup. But throw 18mg in a circa 2011 cartomizer on a fixed voltage 2011 eGo, and that person might struggle to get a satisfying amount of nicotine. Throw 18mg in a good modern MTL tank and it might be just right.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Yep, absolutely. But controlling for individual differences, equipment and vaping style (which is very tied to equipment) is a huge factor. As I said above, I can see how one might think 18mg very high if they started with a good modern DTL setup. But throw 18mg in a circa 2011 cartomizer on a fixed voltage 2011 eGo, and that person might struggle to get a satisfying amount of nicotine. Throw 18mg in a good modern MTL tank and it might be just right.

Equipment doesn't seem to matter to me.
18mg was too much for me on an eGo-C until I worked up to it. When I went DTL subtanks I stayed at 18mg.
I can see how it matters for some but they are not me. I guess I vaped less DTL than MTL.

And remember, when going for clouds you are blowing a lot of it out.

go_player

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2012
USA
Equipment doesn't seem to matter to me.
18mg was too much for me on an eGo-C until I worked up to it. When I went DTL subtanks I stayed at 18mg.
I can see how it matters for some but they are not me. I guess I vaped less DTL than MTL.

And remember, when going for clouds you are blowing a lot of it out.

Hmm- I believe you entirely, but I suspect you are unusual in this regard. I don't have a lot of experience with DTL tanks though... I have pretty much either MTLd with tanks or DTLd with RDAs. I wonder if there might be some difference there. Because, tbh, even though I like nic a lot I kind of suspect that vaping 18mg in an airy RDA all day every day would be a bit much for me.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Hmm- I believe you entirely, but I suspect you are unusual in this regard. I don't have a lot of experience with DTL tanks though... I have pretty much either MTLd with tanks or DTLd with RDAs. I wonder if there might be some difference there. Because, tbh, even though I like nic a lot I kind of suspect that vaping 18mg in an airy RDA all day every day would be a bit much for me.

I also never could DTL until TC. I don't know if that would matter about nicotine but it sure did about coughing.

Your all day every day is why I can see how it would matter. I vape everything at 10mg now and I can tell the difference between big hitters and small hitters. I just put the mod down when I've had enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread