Your Personal Vaping Story!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cryfreedom66

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2012
FL
Hey Everyone, wanted to hear some background on my fellow ECF members so I thought we could do a thread sharing some personal vaping experiences.

Thought it could go something like this:

Age - How long you smoked smoggers - your first e cig and why you tried it - your current favorite setup- what your hopes are for the future of vaping.

So I will start...I'm 25...I started smoking at 14 (clove cigarettes) switched to camels at 15, smoked until my son was born at age 22. When my fiance got preggo I decided I had to quit but with the stress of a new job, in a new state and a new baby on the way I just couldn't do it. Walking through the mall one day I discovered a smoke 51 kiosk, he let me sample and that was it. Bought a starter pack, haven't had a smog since. Current favorite setup is my provari mini with a vivi nova tank and copper creek house blend. And in the future I would like a definitive study to conclude that vaping is not harmful in any way and have the FDA choke on the results;)

I love vaping, truly a "have your cake and eat it too" scenario.

Looking forward to hearing your own vaping stories!

iamtumus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
New Haven, Connecticut
i'm 18...smoked for 7 years and dipped for 9...
friend from back home had a kid and got into it with first a blu then an ego-c and i'd always hit his...
got sucked into a few other addictions pretty badly, got treatment for those addictions.. someone here in my final stage of treatment had an ego and i remembered how much i liked them..i bought a madvapes box, then a reo mini, then a buzz pro, then a rev3, now i'm using my provari with a vivi nova, expecting my phoenix atomizer to get delivered tomorrow..

sunday will be a year done past the other addiction mentioned before, and today is 1 full week without a cigarette.

iamtumus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
New Haven, Connecticut
only 1 full day without dip though.
it's so much easier to not go outside where there are smokers, but at my job i work around addicts and there's always someone dipping...i just have to remember i don't have health insurance right now and i can not afford to have another surgery on my lower lip...

nnormandy

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2011
St. Paul
I Started smoking when I was 17, quit for a month or so here or there. The longest I quit was 4 months when I was 21, but started smoking again. I couldn't stand it anymore. Started with a 510-T kit, moved to an ego, then box mods. My one year vapeversary was July 19. My setup now includes several devices: A Provari, Buzz Pro, Silver Bullet w/Kick, and the twist. I switch between dripping and carto tanks.

singu

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2011
Croatia-Zagreb
My fist cig was Kim at the age of 13. I started smoking seriously around 14-15. I'm 30 now and smoke free. :)

Discovered ecigs surfing on the web. I've seen them before just didn't register. I purchased my first kit out of curiosity. When it arrived i was stoked. It didn't work very well but i was impressed with the posibility of ecigs. So happy that i'm sometimes impulsive and got my kit. :)

I'm using my twist with Vision cleromizer right now and loving it. My other setup is my bottom feeder Old Goat and loving that also.

SilentEcho13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2010
New York
I started smoking when I was 16, I'm 22 now.

I smoked cigars, kreteks, shisha, marlboro smooth's, camel no. 9's, reds, camel crush, l&m bold, true, newports, blacks, black and milds, swisher sweets, phillies, philly cigarillos, vaquero's, cheyenne's, some other little cigars, and all that crap.

I started vaping seriously when I was maybe 19, and gave up a habit. From time to time, I do still enjoy a CAO, an Opus, or a Camacho. Same goes for some good Tangier's shisha, or a delicious black and mild.

I love smoking, I loved it back then too. I didn't quite quit because of the risks, but mainly because I was a competition powerlifter in a junior league. I couldn't breathe, and I passed out during a deadlift because of it. That incident left half my back numb. Ever since then, I asked myself what was more important: cancer sticks or my sport.

I picked the sport, vaping allows the best of both worlds :)

Oh, I couldn't run a mile either...lol

yuttynutt

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2011
Minnesota
Started smoking at 11 by 21 I was at 3 packs of Winston Filters a day I'm 26 now. I got my first e-cig a year ago when I had pneumonia and couldn't smoke I loved it even though it was a cheap P.O.S. I now have an arsenal of mods tanks and just got into rebuildables. Unfortunately my wife still smokes and occasionally I have to have one stress etc. At first I beat myself up about this but now I realize even if I smoke a cigarette every now and then it is still better than the amount I smoked before, for me the more I immerse myself into the forums the more I vape so you guys are my rock so to speak.

Absintheur

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
north central Indiana
"Veni, vidi, nidor"

I came, I saw, I vaped...

I started smoking full time at 15, as did my brother who is a year older than me. At fifty I had a 2 1/2 pack a day habit smoking full flavor menthols. I saw my brother have a stroke and 18 months later 5 bypasses. I knew it was time for a lifestyle change. Tries a disposable and it sucked but I saw the possibilities. Bought a V2 kit and before long bought an eGo then a ProVari. A dozen mods later and 8 months without the stinkies I am a full time vaper.

Dino-BiH

Jul 30, 2012
Charlotte
I'm 43 years old and been smoking since I was 17. 26 years of smoking in average a pack a day.
Marlboro Red, Marlboro Medium, then Marlboro Light.

Few weeks ago, at work, one of my co-workers walked in my office and handed to me "Logic" disposable.
I heard about "electronic cigarettes", but come on, seriously, how is that going to work, right?
I puffed once, then again, than again... I could not believe it. It was very good.

Bought 4-5 of those for testing, vaped that while I was still smoking.
Found one (China) website and ordered something they called "E9". It was a cigarette shape model, much like "Logic".
I was looking for something that can resemble the real thing, so E9 was a way to go. Mistake!
I vaped that for couple of weeks, while I was still smoking 5-10 analogs.
The model was really bad. Leak, burnt taste, refilling... Once in a while I would hit a good taste, but I was not giving up.
One thing I noticed after vaping all day, and burn analogs at evening was that analog tasted so dirty, I could not believe I've never tasted that before. Not going to give up on that, so I went for something else...

I found 510 eGO Vision Starter Kit at a local store.
The moment I filled that thing, was the moment I start counting smoke-free days. I have not smoke analogs since!
Not one single analog.

I'm smoke-free for 13 days now, and I have no urge or desire for analogs. I still have a box with 6 cigarettes in it, keeping it just in case friends stop by and they forget to bring analogs with them.

I use "USA Mix", "MAD4", and 'Cherry Tobacco", all in 18 mg of nic.

onizuka

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
USA
Started smoking when I was 19, it started with a Marlboro menthol light. I wanted to learn to blow smoke rings. Then I couldn't get enough, continued to smoke and buy until I was 25. Went on and off around 25-28. Switched back and forth between cloves and menthol cigarettes around 29-30. Then I decided enough was enough and hated how I smelled after smoking cigarettes or cloves. Tried out my friends eCig. Bought my own kit after 3 weeks of researching and have been happily vaping away for 2 weeks now.

Currently vaping the hell out of 6mg stuff.

I've come to the conclusion that I like to blow out huge plumes of smoke. It is fun.

DummyMe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
North Carolina
Me, I'm 60 years old. I smoked for at least 45 years. I quit last August 28th. I have not even had a puff since then. I started using an NJoy. I wanted it to just get me through my Mom's funeral without smoking, since my relatives thought I had quit years before. The NJoy got me through the funeral, but I went back to analogs. This was January 2011. I went online in August 2011 & found ECF. I ordered an eGo starter kit & quit smoking (hopefully) for good 3 days after getting that eGo kit. I finished my last pack & just never bought more. I'm now vaping a Provari & a lavatube. I have KGo's & ego-T's as backups. I have all kinds of cartomisers, clearomisers & tanks & on the Provari & lavatube, I get good vapes. I've converted 4 or 5 people to ecigs & I don't think I'll ever go back to analogs & so far none of the others went back.

I tell anybody & everybody who will listen to me (& a whole lot of people who won't) that if I can do it, they can!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread