• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Your Sigature "BANNER" Might Not Be Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toronto_Mike

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2011
Toronto, Canada
$168.75 and a day or 2 into of vaping, I decided to write a quick MS Excel sheet for my expenses. Then, a few weeks later, I discovered this wonderful forum. When I seen the sincemylastcigarette.com, banners - I had to have one. And now I do, the only thing is - there is a huge descrepency between the totals of the sincemylastcigarette & my spreadsheet. It took me 10mins to figure out why. Simple answer - Canadians have 25 cigarettes to regular or large pack - Americans always have 20. The banners were created for Americans, the formula uses 20 cigs/pack so you will have to tweak the input settings to get the correct daily cost. For me I use to smoke roughly 18 cigs/day - to correct the formula, it became 14.4 based on a $9.25 for a large Peter Jackson. Sorry to break the news but the banners are inflating the actual $ saved by vaping. :ohmy: Ignore this thread, completely if you've always purchase small packs of Canadian cigs.

ps now that I have fixed it, I can't find it - go figure.

Last edited:

Toronto_Mike

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2011
Toronto, Canada
I used to buy cartons which was still 200 cigs...just divided the total I paid per carton by 10 to get a 'per pack' cost...so, my total is accurate :D!

Reos' calculator uses cost/pack & #cigs per day - and also is set for a pack having 20 cigs - ok if your packs were small. These sites are american & geared towards the 20cig/pack - here in canuckland, most of us had 25cigs in their packs.

CND Example - 15 cigs per day - $10.00 per pack = $10.00/25(40c/cig x 15) = $6/day
US Example - 15 cigs per day - $10.00 per pack = $10.00/20(50c/cig x 15) = $7.50/day

For 6 months / 180 days - an inflated variance/overage of $270.00

Last edited:

Toronto_Mike

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Yeah, she just divided her cost of 200 by 10, therefore getting the cost of a pack of 20 cigarettes. So her total is accurate. Unless I'm missing something.

That's only half of the equation & yes that answers the cost of a pack. The 2nd thing these calculators require is the number of cigarettes smoked per day - this is where the problem is. See my above example.

cactusgirl

Sage Tribal Queen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
That's only half of the equation & yes that answers the cost of a pack. The 2nd thing these calculators require is the number of cigarettes smoked per day - this is where the problem is. See my above example.

Mike, if you adjust your cost base to a 20cig pack, the number of cigs per day does not change...I fail to see where the problem is.

cactusgirl

Sage Tribal Queen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
CND Example - 15 cigs per day - $10.00 per pack = $10.00/25(40c/cig x 15) = $6/day
US Example - 15 cigs per day - $10.00 per pack = $10.00/20(50c/cig x 15) = $7.50/day

Just to clarify how adjusting the cost base per pack works:

If you pay $10/pack (for 25 cigs), that is $0.40/cig, therefore, a 20cig pack would cost you $8 (20 x .40)

So, your US Example (cost adjusted) would read:

15 cigs per day - $8.00 per pack = $8.00/20 (0.40x15) = $6/day

The only thing you need to adjust when creating your banner, is your per pack cost and everything else should work fine!

Toronto_Mike

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2011
Toronto, Canada
You got it girl! - but an easier way for everyone who bought packs with 25cigs in it - just multiply the cost of the pack by .8

$10.00 x .8 = $8.00

Too much math! I just want to vape & watch SNL - thank god catcusgirl is strong in math & looked for a quick formula.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread