Your taste buds are changing

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapableVapable

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2010
U.S.
I keep hearing this repeated. It usually comes up when others complain their juice has changed flavors. Sometimes as an explanation for why steeping seems to work. I'm sorry, but I'm just not quite buying it. Coke tastes the same to me month to month as it did before I quit smoking. Bacon tastes the same. Chicken, the same. Jello, the same. Eggs, Sprite, Extra Watermelon gum, pistachios, carrots, cheddar cheese: same, same, same. Sure, since I quit smoking I can smell things better--maybe taste things better---but that doesn't change the taste of a food/gum/soda into another type of taste entirely. Why would changing taste buds only change the taste of e-juice?

Vapenstein

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
Here's an example: in the beginning as a vaper I liked juice that tasted like an analog. Now I don't. Take BWB Menthol for instance. I never, ever liked menthol, but there is something about his fresh tobacco base paired with menthol I find extraordinarily compelling. Mrs. Doctor Vapenstein still likes those juices that have that dirty, ash can element to them, but I lost interest.

CapableVapable

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2010
U.S.
Mmmm, I would submit that's a little different than where I'm going. We've all experienced that feeling of "I used to be downright addicted to (insert food/drink/gum/candy here), but now I don't really care about it". But I don't think any smoker quits smoking, goes to take a bite of their favorite fruit (a banana) and one day spits it out and says, "By god, it tastes like perfume and licorice now."

Phreaker

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Yes, I think FreeFlow is on to something. Cigarettes did not taste the way they do now. When I was smoking (20 times or so a day) I didn't think about the taste, maybe I didn't even taste them. However, when you don't smoke them and then have one they do not taste like they did when you were having 20 a day.

I have noticed juices that I enjoy initially don't really taste the same after a couple of days. If I switch to a different one for a while and then back it tastes how I remember.

louis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2010
Mt Vernon,Texas
I started vaping a month ago & I have noticed that my taste buds have changed a little when it comes to tobacco.
I can't stand the taste of a cigarette now & me makes me cough my head off, but more than that is it tastes "nasty" as my wife would put it.
The vapor flavors that are not tobacco have started to taste different & more pleasing to me.
I still like things like Apple Smoke, Cherry Smoke from Viking Vapors, but also love Butter Rum, Champagne & Brandy.
Boba's Bounty from Alien Visions is a daily vape for me, but so is Captain Jack from Vapors Etc.
Brawny Blueberry, Blackberry Brandy & other various juices.
The variety is unlimited so everyone can find that special one for them.
And the vendor making the juice does make a difference.
Since I am new I have bought a lot of samplers, & will buy a lot more before I can say that's what I really like.
So yes your taste buds DO change when you are totally off analogs with time.
"That's just my opinion & I might be wrong". Pardon Denise Miller.

:vapor:louis:vapor:

Raynen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
CT
gamingraynen.blogspot.com
Let's not forget the famous Flavor Wall, when EVERYTHING tastes muted or bland. That's never fun.

Edit: When it comes to actual food, the taste is just bolder, and it hasn't necessarily changed completely. As for vaping, it's the same, but if I smoke a flavor too much for too long, it starts to taste funky. :vapor: That's why I have a lot of different flavors.

Last edited:

Princessdee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2009
PA, USA
I agree. Completely. Sometimes your taste buds change or you hit that "flavor wall" where everything tastes awful.

But sometimes, just sometimes, just does change.
Hubby and I have been cigarette free for over 20 months. Some DIY that I made him and he liked at the time, he put it in the juice bin and forgot about it. It's been about 3 months. He tried it the other day and said it tasted like Listerine. The base juice (AC, premixed, that they made) that I made it with out of the same bottle I used still tastes good. I think the flavor I added to it is what "turned".

Sometimes it happens.
There are so many variables in vaping, it's hard to narrow down what caused it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread