Your Temp Control Sweet Spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sally_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
VA
So I'm new to TC, I just got an Evic VT, and I'm trying to figure out and find my 'sweet spot'. The balance of power and temperature to give the best flavor, vapor, and overall performance for your tastes. I'm not sure how to find it, should I figure out the right temperature first, then the power, or vice versa. Then toss in other factors like liquid (ratios/flavors), wire, and so many other factors.

So my question is, what is your sweet spot, and how did you find it?

MJ.7

Verified Member
Apr 29, 2015
Saudi Arabia
for me watts is not an important factor my sweet temp is between 480-530 depending on thickness of the juice if its 80VG it is 530F,

the watts just how fast it reach my temp so not an issue, easy to find and set up

all and I mean all my juices are (custard, vanilla, cream, strawberry)mixes, I like long lung worm vape.

Reactions: Sally_

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
to be honest this is almost like deciding on your favourite color by asking others what theirs is! There are so many variables. Even the vape temp will vary depdening on the atty/juice/build/day of the wee/cosmic ray background. To my mind even useful rules of thumb are difficult to provide. On the evic you have a minimum wattage anyway so the only thing to vary is set temp. start low and ramp up till you find your sweet spot! Crank up the wattage later if you need to...

Reactions: MJ.7

Sally_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
VA
That helps, I've only had it a few days. At first I was hesitant and nervous to go much beyond the 400 degree range (I read the burn temp of cotton is within this range, not realizing that was dry cotton) and was getting very little flavor or vapor.

I then went and watched a review video, and mimicked their settings. I started vaping at 60w at 540+, got great flavor and thought it was awesome. After vaping for a day and into the night, and ended up with a sore throat, that burned with little to no relief for a day. I stop vaping for a couple days all together.

Scared me down, and left me pretty lost, looking for any input. Flavor wise, I like a warm vape, but finding it harsh even with lower wattage.

Purple, by the way.

Last edited:

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I've been using TC for a bit less than 2 months and replace the coil every couple of days. I seem to end up at 480-500 degrees and 20-40 max watts. My impression is 20 max watts gets my high ohm titanium coils up to temp as well as 40 max watts did on my nickel coils. With nickel the biggest 28 guage coil I can fit in my rda comes out to .15 ohms. With titanium the same size coil is .8-.9 ohms. A higher ohm coil needs less power to make the same temperature meaning longer battery life.

Before temp control I was building 1.5 ohm kanthal coils and firing them at 20 watts on an iStick 50. The battery endurance was amazing, as in days. I want the same from temp control if possible. A .9 ohm titanium coil rises to about 1.6 ohms at 500 degrees and it seems to take only a few watts to maintain the temperature. So far so good.

Last edited:

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Different mods will regulate temperature in different ways. I belief the D2 uses a YiHi chip so the 'Joules' setting effectively controls two things: how fast it reaches the set point and how much power to use to regulate the estimated temperature of the coil.

While other mods will varry their output power once the set point is reached the YiHi chips its a simple on/off. While it happens faster then most would ever notice, my smaller coils regulate well with 10-15J and my larger dual coil builds might need +30J to heat up <1sec and regulate well.

Personally I like to set the joules to the minimum needed to reach temperature <1sec. I like a cooler vape so use ~380-460F.

To 'harsh' could be anything from Pg/Vg ratio, nicotine mg level to selected flavor to how hot the vape is.

Sally_

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 12, 2013
    VA
    To 'harsh' could be anything from Pg/Vg ratio, nicotine mg level to selected flavor to how hot the vape is.

I'm using 80 VG, 3mg or less.. so not sure.

I starting upping my VG when I switched to Atlantis from carto tanks, because the with the carto tank had a hard time keeping up with VG heavy liquids. I didn't care about or for throat hit, and really liked the light airy draw and feel of the vape.

I mention this because I wonder if maybe it's adjust period, because it kind of reminds me of a rough throat hit.

Last edited:
    • Love
    Reactions: jorisd1980
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread