Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterBlaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
Detroit
www.nightstalkerproductions.com
I have read a few posts on here over the last couple months regarding Dr visits and some of you said your doctors are cool with e-cigs and glad you made the switch and I have read that some of you got a more negative opinion from your doctors when you told them you switched. My question is despite what anyones Doctor THINKS, have any of you had any testing, xrays etc. that has proven without a doubt that your health has improved or if any pre-existing conditions have cleared up from the use of electronic cigarettes? I'm just curious to hear what some of your stories are. I know that since I have switched I feel a lot better but have yet to go see my Dr and tell him to see what he has to say and more so Id like to get some testing done of my own.

Bullette the Cowdog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2012
Treasure Coast, FL
Nope. No test results here.

I don't go to doctors. Their job is to find something wrong with me, prescribe something to treat it, then have me come back with symptoms from the side effects of what they gave me, then order some more tests, then buy a new Porsche.

There's nothing wrong with me & I'd rather have the Porsche for myself.

Bullette says woof & chases ball.

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
My internist measured a 10-point drop in both systolic and diastolic blood pressure since I started to vape. Measuring blood pressure is notoriously fickle, but I have a home unit and measure frequently, so I can confirm that, indeed, my BP has dropped. My internist had frequently remarked on my rales (wheezing) from smoking, but at my last physical, she noted that the rales had completely disappeared.

Kable

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
Davis, CA
My internist measured a 10-point drop in both systolic and diastolic blood pressure since I started to vape. Measuring blood pressure is notoriously fickle, but I have a home unit and measure frequently, so I can confirm that, indeed, my BP has dropped. My internist had frequently remarked on my rales (wheezing) from smoking, but at my last physical, she noted that the rales had completely disappeared.

When I used tobacco, my blood pressure was always really high. I had it checked a month after I started vaping, and the doctor told me it was about as good as it could get. I don't remember what the numbers were, but it was well over a 10 point drop in both systolic and diastolic.

killerb7

Verified Member
Jan 17, 2013
nj
I've had stomach problems for quite awhile and I have to say once I quit analog, I've seen drastic improvements almost instantly. I also went to a dermatologist for some acne issues with PG and I mentioned it was because of quiting and using ecigs. Next thing I know she's asking what I use and how I quit because the doctor and her daughter wanted to quit. I take doctors advise with a grain of salt usually but no matter what, vaping is healthier than analogs and until valid research proves otherwise, I'll continue to vape.

sereil46

Verified Member
Feb 23, 2013
FL
I don't go to doctors. Their job is to find something wrong with me, prescribe something to treat it, then have me come back with symptoms from the side effects of what they gave me, then order some more tests, then buy a new Porsche.

There's nothing wrong with me & I'd rather have the Porsche for myself.

+1 to that

Tanti

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2013
Nebraska
I dont do drs for alot of reasons, one I dont trust them, long story. I just know my body really well and know what im feeling and I am breathing alot better which I dont need a dr to tell me that. I have more oxygen going to my brain also and im clear of thought. I have quit zits which was no big deal, and I had vape tongue for a while but again I expected it.

The time line they say happenes when you quite :

After 20 minutes your blood pressure and pulse return to normal.
After 24 hours your lungs start to clear.
After two days your body is nicotine-free and your sense of taste and smell improve.
After three days you can breathe more easily, and your energy increases.
After two to 12 weeks, your circulation improves.
After three to nine months coughs, wheezing and breathing improves.
After one year your heart attack risk is half that of a smoker.
After 10 years your lung cancer risk is half that of a smoker.

Ive read that at 15 years your lungs will look like a non-smokers, wheather this is true I dont know.

My breathing was better in 17 days, cough stopped then, so I think it is person to person how things go, I dont believe there is a strict timeline.

If you want to know if there is a change in the lungs you would of had to have a base line done before you quite. and go from there.
I think most people would realize changes in their bodys without a dr saying its happening.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
If you want to know if there is a change in the lungs you would of had to have a base line done before you quite. and go from there.
I think most people would realize changes in their bodys without a dr saying its happening.
Well, this isn't medical proof, but...

When I quit smoking and started vaping I could only hold my breath for 30 seconds.
Now, nearly four years later, I can hold my breath for 110 seconds.

exodus454

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2011
Western Connecticut
I haven't had any chest imaging done, but my blood oxygen level has gone from 96-97% to pegged at 99%, my blood pressure has also come down significantly. I can sprint up stairs again like the impatient butthole I am.

One time I went to the ER I was held because the attending doctor was worried that my BP and oxygen level were high/low. It was allllll due to smoking. Everything is considered normal for my age now, I don't get the "you should quit smoking" speech from my doctor anymore, and the only time I get wheezy lungs is 5 minutes after I chanvape some super thick VG liquids. It clears up quickly though. BP is back to being almost too low, thanks genes!

Hands and feet are still freezing though, again, thanks genetics!

RVLT

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2013
NY
I haven't been to the doctor but I know everytime I got sick when I was a smoker I got severe soar throat and chest pain. Since I've been vaping I've been sick once(now that I realize it may have just been whats known as quitters flu but anyway...) no soar throat, no chest pain, just sniffles sneezing and coughing.

This may or may not have to do with quitting not smoking anologs but I like to think it does!

Worzel

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Lakeland, Florida
I got sick once since I started vaping, had really bad sinus/throat infection. It went from horrible to clear within a week using Mucinex, water, vitamin C and Echinacea. Had I still smoked, I would have been in the ER. When I smoked, I had bronchitis/sinus infection every spring and fall, I have been vaping over a year and had that one infection. I am happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread