Your Verification Page is UNSECURE and will make our personal information vulnerable to IDENTITY THEFT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vasha

Feb 11, 2011
New York
Hi there,
I've posted on threads and emailed but still no response to this. You realize that leaving the signup page unsecured for your verification process is making your members personal information vulnerable to identity theft?
If this site is on a dedicated server, a dedicated SSL should be free. (If not, get another host, because they're ripping you off)! Even if you are on a shared hosting plan, they can provide you with a shared SSL (though it's probably going to be an ugly long URL). Whatever, either way, there's really no excuse not to secure the signup page.
I'm sorry to post this here but I'm not getting any responses via email or PM and I think you should know this if you're not aware.
I can help you if you need assistance. It's no problem, I love this forum! I do this kind of work so I take identity theft seriously.
~vasha

oldsoldier

Retired ECF Forum Manager
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com
Vasha
The information requested by our form other than the email address is no more than what is found in your phone book listing. Identity theft is an issue but you're raising a potential panic over something that isn't actually any more of a threat than owning a telephone and not paying for an unlisted numbers.

I have requested that the form be served over https.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread