Not open for further replies.

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
I did not know juul product reviews were against TOS.

Yes, I am very very confused. Why do they have age restriction settings on Youtube? if a user flags a video for age restricted content the video goes in the 18+ bucket(the video doesn't get deleted). In this case, the channel was deleted. What do you mean by "Family Friendly"?

juul is a vaping product

Terms of Service
The following restrictions apply to your use of the Service. You are not allowed to:

5. use the Service to distribute unsolicited promotional or commercial content or other unwanted or mass solicitations;
8. run contests on or through the Service that do not comply with YouTube’s contest policies and guidelines;
10. use the Service to (a) sell any advertising, sponsorships, or promotions placed on, around, or within the Service or Content, other than those allowed in the Advertising on YouTube policies (such as compliant product placements); or (b) sell advertising, sponsorships, or promotions on any page of any website or application that only contains Content from the Service or where Content from the Service is the primary basis for such sales (for example, selling ads on a webpage where YouTube videos are the main draw for users visiting the webpage).

YouTube Community Guidelines & Policies - How YouTube Works

Links in content
Links that send users to websites featuring content that violates our Community Guidelines are not allowed on YouTube.
If you're posting content
Don't post content on YouTube if it aims to directly sell, link to, or facilitate access to any of the regulated goods and services listed below. Making the sale of these items or facilitating the use of these services possible by posting links, email, phone number or other means to contact a seller directly is not allowed.
  • Nicotine, including vaping products
What happens if content violates this policy
If your content violates this policy, we’ll remove the content and send you an email to let you know. If this is your first time violating our Community Guidelines, you’ll get a warning with no penalty to your channel. If it’s not, we’ll issue a strike against your channel. If you get 3 strikes, your channel will be terminated. You can learn more about our strikes system here.

We may terminate your channel or account for repeated violations of the Community Guidelines or Terms of Service. We may also terminate your channel or account after a single case of severe abuse, or when the channel is dedicated to a policy violation. You can learn more about channel or account terminations here.

but to continue with their TOS

Your Use of the Service
Content on the Service
The content on the Service includes videos, audio (for example music and other sounds), graphics, photos, text (such as comments and scripts), branding (including trade names, trademarks, service marks, or logos), interactive features, software, metrics, and other materials whether provided by you, YouTube or a third-party (collectively, "Content”).

Content is the responsibility of the person or entity that provides it to the Service. YouTube is under no obligation to host or serve Content. If you see any Content you believe does not comply with this Agreement, including by violating the Community Guidelines or the law, you can report it to us.

Report inappropriate content
We rely on YouTube community members to report content that they find inappropriate. Reporting content is anonymous, so other users can't tell who made the report.

When something is reported, it’s not automatically taken down. Reported content is reviewed along the following guidelines:

this one is the one that gets most people's videos and channels removed (non vape related)
Child safety

• A video containing adults participating in dangerous activities that minors could easily imitate, such as handling explosives or challenges that cause bodily injury
  • A video meant for adult audiences but could easily be confused with family content
Harmful or dangerous activities, including regulated substances and drugs

Age-restricted content
We may consider the following factors when deciding whether to age-restrict or remove content. Keep in mind that this isn't a complete list.

• Whether the act in question could lead to serious injury or death
  • Whether the individuals participating in the act are trained professionals taking precautions to prevent injury.
  • Whether minors could easily imitate the act
  • Whether the content could be used to commit serious acts of violence
  • Whether the upload is educational, documentary, scientific or artistic in nature
  • Whether there's any commentary discouraging the act
  • Whether the viewer can tell if it's real or fake
  • Whether the content promotes a product that contains drugs, nicotine, or a controlled substance
Examples of age-restricted content

• A video about fake harmful pranks that seems so real that viewers can't tell the difference
  • A reaction video to a dangerous challenge without any commentary discouraging the challenge
  • A video promoting a cannabis dispensary
  • A video reviewing brands of nicotine e-liquid
  • A video providing instructions for or facilitating cheating
again all of this is on their TOS and related links...
so move to another platform...because eventually youtube can/will remove those contents that goes against their TOS

no one is making these people post their videos on youtube, even though it is against youtube's tos, so find another platform that it's not against their tos and post the videos there....
if I had the money, I would create a platform just for vaping videos but I don't have the money for that type of server and resource that would be needed.

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
and lmfao you can disagree (X) with my posts all you like, that doesn't change the facts....fact is just that, it's youtubes tos it's not a backlash or anything...but hey, you want to go and fight youtube on their tos, then feel free to, but I highly doubt you'll get very far with it....

better to just find a platform that allows vaping products

Last edited:
Reactions: YoursTruli

CloudyFutures

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2017
juul is a vaping product

but to continue with their TOS

Your Use of the Service
Content on the Service
The content on the Service includes videos, audio (for example music and other sounds), graphics, photos, text (such as comments and scripts), branding (including trade names, trademarks, service marks, or logos), interactive features, software, metrics, and other materials whether provided by you, YouTube or a third-party (collectively, "Content”).

Content is the responsibility of the person or entity that provides it to the Service. YouTube is under no obligation to host or serve Content. If you see any Content you believe does not comply with this Agreement, including by violating the Community Guidelines or the law, you can report it to us.

Report inappropriate content
We rely on YouTube community members to report content that they find inappropriate. Reporting content is anonymous, so other users can't tell who made the report.

When something is reported, it’s not automatically taken down. Reported content is reviewed along the following guidelines:

this one is the one that gets most people's videos and channels removed (non vape related)
Child safety

• A video containing adults participating in dangerous activities that minors could easily imitate, such as handling explosives or challenges that cause bodily injury
  • A video meant for adult audiences but could easily be confused with family content
Harmful or dangerous activities, including regulated substances and drugs

Age-restricted content
We may consider the following factors when deciding whether to age-restrict or remove content. Keep in mind that this isn't a complete list.

• Whether the act in question could lead to serious injury or death
  • Whether the individuals participating in the act are trained professionals taking precautions to prevent injury.
  • Whether minors could easily imitate the act
  • Whether the content could be used to commit serious acts of violence
  • Whether the upload is educational, documentary, scientific or artistic in nature
  • Whether there's any commentary discouraging the act
  • Whether the viewer can tell if it's real or fake
  • Whether the content promotes a product that contains drugs, nicotine, or a controlled substance
Examples of age-restricted content

• A video about fake harmful pranks that seems so real that viewers can't tell the difference
  • A reaction video to a dangerous challenge without any commentary discouraging the challenge
  • A video promoting a cannabis dispensary
  • A video reviewing brands of nicotine e-liquid
  • A video providing instructions for or facilitating cheating
again all of this is on their TOS and related links...
so move to another platform...because eventually youtube can/will remove those contents that goes against their TOS

no one is making these people post their videos on youtube, even though it is against youtube's tos, so find another platform that it's not against their tos and post the videos there....
if I had the money, I would create a platform just for vaping videos but I don't have the money for that type of server and resource that would be needed.
You are trolling.

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
how is posting youtube's TOS trolling?
you asked a question, I provided the answer....if anything you'd be the one trolling saying that a site's TOS is somehow a vaping backlash....
but ok then, to each their own thought....however, that facts still remain, and you can follow of the links I provided to see for yourself, everything that I posted is right there on Youtube's TOS and related links.

Reactions: YoursTruli

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
Anyways... turning this into something constructive. How would I go about downloading a ton of vape tutorials online to have around when I actually get to using the RTAs I bought in case they're not still up. Or do those videos not violate the TOS?... currently.
techinically, they violate the tos, but I mean just like with selling vape gear on ebay or amazon, it's hit and miss when they'll catch you...

but *cough* to download yt videos
y2mate.is ;)

CloudyFutures

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2017
Anyways... turning this into something constructive. How would I go about downloading a ton of vape tutorials online to have around when I actually get to using the RTAs I bought in case they're not still up. Or do those videos not violate the TOS?... currently.

Vape tutorials and vape reviews do not go against TOS. Affiliate links and link directly to the places where the actual vape can be purchased, placed in the descriptions does go against TOS. As long as those tutorials don't have links to the products you should be fine to find those RTA vids later.

You will notice most big YouTubers already know this. That is why at the end of their product review they say, "No links in the description cause I'm not allowed" ~ Mike Vapes.

I have a feeling that Dashvapes linked his own website and not the product. This is kind of a catch 22 because his site sells vapes. Anyway, Dashvapes is back and he's re-uploading all of his old content.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
um, older videos are (that was or not are, sorry) not, if they still go against their TOS...not much to be done...

youtube has been slowly putting the banahmmer down for a while now, and it's not only vape related videos...a lot of content creators have been demonetization, videos deleted, temporarily banned, etc....

just because they may have posted something and it lasted a long time, doesn't mean that it doesn't go against their TOS and well it is their site so you are bound to their whims...
Actually I think if the stuff I have seen from several youtubers some vape related and some not there is a different issue with Youtube. Youtube seems to be banning without really looking at the offending video at all. They are just going after complaints. So for a vape channel all it takes is ANTZ with friends to report videos and a channel can get 3 strikes before they even know they had one. At that point it is up to the content creator to try and fight for their channel. Mixed results so far from the Channels that I know of that have gone through this.

Basically Youtubes version of cancel culture.

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    I've always said they'd go after us on the internet next, maybe they are just starting with the low hanging fruit first, the youtubers who actually violate the tos. But who's next to be cancelled? All youtubers? Facebook? Websites that advertise vape? Forums? They will one by one cancel us all!

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana

Are you talking about stuff like coiling and wicking guides? I was wondering about that myself.

• Agree
    Reactions: Haktuspit

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2012
    Ohio
    You run the risk of having your content removed when ever you post it to someone else's platform, that's just the way it is. And as world views, trends, powers that be, changes so will what is considered acceptable or not acceptable, you can agree or disagree but in the end their platform their rules. Debates here about it won't change anything just like any other fight for vaping rights or we would not be facing social media bans, a mail ban or flavor bans or crazy high vape taxes or...

If don't like and disagree with something take the fight to the source where it actually matters and could make a difference.
    This sit back and complain got us to where we are now in regards to vaping. JMHO

CloudyFutures

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 10, 2017
    You run the risk of having your content removed when ever you post it to someone else's platform, that's just the way it is. And as world views, trends, powers that be, changes so will what is considered acceptable or not acceptable, you can agree or disagree but in the end their platform their rules. Debates here about it won't change anything just like any other fight for vaping rights or we would not be facing social media bans, a mail ban or flavor bans or crazy high vape taxes or...

If don't like and disagree with something take the fight to the source where it actually matters and could make a difference.
    This sit back and complain got us to where we are now in regards to vaping. JMHO
    How do we take it to the source? How do we make a difference?

Nice siggy.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2012
    Ohio
    How do we take it to the source? How do we make a difference?

Nice siggy.

in this case take it up with YouTube that you disagree with their TOS and why, point out just how random enforcement is and how vague their answers are to those they ban, state your case. You Tube states they depend on their community to report, well that door swings both ways. If no one objects why would they consider changing what they do. BTW the channel you stated as being banned is still there or back. Maybe they fought back and/or had others that expressed their opposition to this situation. Even little victories make a difference.

CloudyFutures

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 10, 2017
    in this case take it up with YouTube that you disagree with their TOS and why, point out just how random enforcement is and how vague their answers are to those they ban, state your case. You Tube states they depend on their community to report, well that door swings both ways. If no one objects why would they consider changing what they do. BTW the channel you stated as being banned is still there or back. Maybe they fought back and/or had others that expressed their opposition to this situation. Even little victories make a difference.

As mentioned earlier, They had to create a new channel. I think he had his videos saved cause he has reuploads of the same videos.

BTW anyone knows if the same policy is in place on Twitter?

Shadav

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    thehelpline.info
    As mentioned earlier, They had to create a new channel. I think he had his videos saved cause he has reuploads of the same videos.

BTW anyone knows if the same policy is in place on Twitter?
    as far as I can tell no
    but that doesn't mean it can't change at some point...but at the moment, I don't see anything about it

nothing here mentions anything
    The Twitter rules: safety, privacy, authenticity, and more

and then their list of regulated goods and services don't list anything either
    Our policy on illegal or certain regulated goods and services
    however it does say
    Goods or services covered under this policy include, but are not limited to:

so take that as, up to their discretion...

CloudyFutures

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 10, 2017
    as far as I can tell no
    but that doesn't mean it can't change at some point...but at the moment, I don't see anything about it

nothing here mentions anything
    The Twitter rules: safety, privacy, authenticity, and more

and then their list of regulated goods and services don't list anything either
    Our policy on illegal or certain regulated goods and services
    however it does say
    Goods or services covered under this policy include, but are not limited to:

so take that as, up to their discretion...
    Thanks

Wow, Youtube just updated their TOS.

upload_2021-5-26_23-2-50.png

Now, let's say you wanted to have an AD free channel for user viewing pleasure. NOPE!

Guess they must be losing a lot of money & page time from the stunt they're pulling on vapes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread