Not open for further replies.

DeathsMistress

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2012
Chicago, IL
jeneefowler.com
I figured I'd put my two cents in since I got mentioned.

I always try to warn people if my video is going to contain anything that might offends sensibilities. The "sl__ty costume" video had a message. The idea was to capture attention and then deliver a message about something that matters to me. I suppose I succeeded in my own way. My intentions were good.

And that's what I want to get at: I think most of the reviewers are pretty clear about their intentions. I know that I always try to make sure I am doing what I think is right and kind to those around me. I never attempt to mislead, no matter the offer. And trust me, I have been offered. I turn them down flatly.

As for the "freebies," I want you to consider a few things. First off, you have to buy equipment. Sure, you can use a borrowed "Microsoft Life-cam HD 3000" like I am. You will catch a lot of flack about how bad your sound/video/lighting quality is. I know I have. But, I don't complain because it was a gift from a friend, and I can't really afford better right now. Secondly, once people start sending you stuff (or me anyway) it isn't always stuff you want. I get piles of juice, and a lot of it is bad. Anyone remember the hot dog water? The dog farts? C'mon? You think I wanted to put that in my mouth? No, I felt obligated. These people went through the trouble to send me stuff, so I gotta review it. And that's how it is now. There's a pile of crap to be reviewed (some is kinda cool/exciting) and I don't look good enough to be on camera, the pipes are rattling non-stop and I can't remember who's supposed to be next. Half the time I have someone complaining that I haven't gotten to their review yet and checking up on package status. I've moved four or five times since I started reviewing, including living in a camper with limited electricity, and still kept reviewing.

At the end of the day, I think I have helped people stop smoking. In fact, I've received a little proof of that here or there. I think that's all we really want, we just lose sight of it sometimes. When we're struggling to make ends meet, and wishing we had some juice to vape, it seems pretty sweet to be a reviewer. The grass is always greener my friends. Keep vaping, keep advocating, and keep saving lives. We're all in this together.

Much love: Vape Girl

eyepatchcat

Jan 29, 2014
Indiana
1. Grimmgreen, will always be loyal to him as he got me so into vaping, and educated me a lot along the way just by watching his weekly videos. He also is very quick to respond and seems like a funny and friendly guy. Always looking forward to his next video.

2. Phil Busardo, he's blunt, gets right down to the truth with out any bull, makes me laugh from time to time too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

DavidAmonettNashville

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2014
Nashville,Tn
I figured I'd put my two cents in since I got mentioned.

I always try to warn people if my video is going to contain anything that might offends sensibilities. The "sl__ty costume" video had a message. The idea was to capture attention and then deliver a message about something that matters to me. I suppose I succeeded in my own way. My intentions were good.

And that's what I want to get at: I think most of the reviewers are pretty clear about their intentions. I know that I always try to make sure I am doing what I think is right and kind to those around me. I never attempt to mislead, no matter the offer. And trust me, I have been offered. I turn them down flatly.

As for the "freebies," I want you to consider a few things. First off, you have to buy equipment. Sure, you can use a borrowed "Microsoft Life-cam HD 3000" like I am. You will catch a lot of flack about how bad your sound/video/lighting quality is. I know I have. But, I don't complain because it was a gift from a friend, and I can't really afford better right now. Secondly, once people start sending you stuff (or me anyway) it isn't always stuff you want. I get piles of juice, and a lot of it is bad. Anyone remember the hot dog water? The dog farts? C'mon? You think I wanted to put that in my mouth? No, I felt obligated. These people went through the trouble to send me stuff, so I gotta review it. And that's how it is now. There's a pile of crap to be reviewed (some is kinda cool/exciting) and I don't look good enough to be on camera, the pipes are rattling non-stop and I can't remember who's supposed to be next. Half the time I have someone complaining that I haven't gotten to their review yet and checking up on package status. I've moved four or five times since I started reviewing, including living in a camper with limited electricity, and still kept reviewing.

At the end of the day, I think I have helped people stop smoking. In fact, I've received a little proof of that here or there. I think that's all we really want, we just lose sight of it sometimes. When we're struggling to make ends meet, and wishing we had some juice to vape, it seems pretty sweet to be a reviewer. The grass is always greener my friends. Keep vaping, keep advocating, and keep saving lives. We're all in this together.

Much love: Vape Girl

After viewing PBusardo's latest video, A PBusardo Video - The Graham Noodle - YouTube I feel I may have over reacted to yours....My Bad and Vape on.

Gato del Jugo

ProVarinati
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2013
US o' A
I've watched some vids of most of the more-popular names already mentioned here.. Some are probably a bit more trustworthy & honest than others..

But I find myself watching PBusardo the most.. a weeee bit long at times, and I don't take his word as gospel.. I find he does a pretty thorough job covering a wide range of things, and I base my own conclusions during the "meat" of his videos

I also particularly enjoy his access to Zen..

As for the whole money thing & the freebie thing regarding these guys (and gals)? You're never going to get away from that, just the nature of the beast... For example, giveaways to get more views & subscribers? Sure -- but what else are you going to do, just toss the stuff?

I think it's important to keep in mind, too, that there are certain price levels for these things -- and some reviewers basically tailor their reviews for that, which are probably fairly implied... Somebody who's been vaping for a few years & heavily into advanced stuff isn't going to run out & buy an inexpensive clearo because Phil gave it a thumbs-up -- it's simply a favorable opinion for something in that price category -- which is why a viewer might get the erroneous impression that "junk" is getting a thumbs-up

Not everybody has the time, money and/or expertise for certain things..

Anyway, big kudos to all those honest YouTubers out there! :thumb:

Gato del Jugo

ProVarinati
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2013
US o' A
It gets worse, I've personally (in person) seen a high profile reviewer take a product to review with a little cash on the side at a vape meet. A week later it got a positive review on the web. Was it really good? Dunno.

I know alot of things happen under the table with some people though, I'm not going to give any names I'm not throwing myself under the bus lots of people here love em'.

How do you feel about celebrity endorsements, perhaps in the sports world? A single person can make tens of millions or even hundreds of millions on a single contract with that stuff

Not saying it's right or wrong, but you do have to take this stuff with a grain of salt, not rely on just one source (i.e., go outside YouTube), and base your own conclusions about the product...

DavidAmonettNashville

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2014
Nashville,Tn
How do you feel about celebrity endorsements, perhaps in the sports world? A single person can make tens of millions or even hundreds of millions on a single contract with that stuff

I think we always have to keep our eyes open about potential conflicts of interest regarding reviewers and their recommendations but Good reviewers with lots of quality content deserve compensation on some level....It's just the nature of the beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread