Youtube...who do you trust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smaulz

Jan 10, 2014
Nebraska, US
Read through the whole thread, and can't believe I saw Safer Vapers only once. Tom and Damian (sp?) are freaking hilarious. That being said, Rip and Phil got me started on my vaping journey with a healthy assist from Grimm. Todd and Scott came along later, but I love their stuff too.

I watch the videos to learn and if I happened to be entertained in the meantime, so be it.

indypilotcfi

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Indiana
PBusardo is my favorite. While I've learned a lot from other videos, this is why I like him the best:

1. As everyone as said, he is "no BS"
2. His videos are well made. It doesn't look like someone video taping from their mother's dark basement.
3. He doesn't use annoying words or phrases (at least not a lot) like "Boom", "Mind Blown", "Its off the chain", and anything with "ballz" in it.
4. He doesn't do this video editing style that it seems like a lot of people do these days where they cut/paste sentences together. I dont get it. I mean, literally, they will cut words together to make sentence. Super annoying!
5. He seems like the type of guy I'd actually like to hang with.

Ray Lopez

ECF Veteran
My favorite person to watch it GrimmGreen, I trust his opinion.
He just seems real, and like he is sitting there talking to you and not trying to over act.

I like to watch Rip but he seems to say the thing he is reviewing is the best thing since his last review of the last product or build. It's hard to trust that.......that and he started to get preachy and well the over acting.

Like Todd but hard to keep up, he seems to upload a new video daily (you must have a crazy collection my friend)

pbusardo is very informative but goes long on most of his videos....he also had a preachy stage that killed it for me.

Now as a lower end youtube guy (just under 2000 subs) I can say I've not made one cent on my videos. I monetized 2 of my least viewed videos to open up all the options in youtube. I will never monetize all my videos as I want people to tune in and not get bombed with a bunch of needless ads. I also will never take bribes to say a juice, or device is good. If I get a junk juice or device i'll contact the vendor to let them know my review wont be good. If they ask me to go for it I will make the negative review and be 100% honest. So far only had one vendor that never replied and I never made the review because the juice was just pure garbage and a waste of time to review. Typically the juice will get corrected or I give it a negative review. Devices I am as honest as possible, I use the product for at least a week or longer before I review it and point out all the pros and cons. If a device has a con that can be fixed, i'll make a secondary video showing you how to fix that issue.

I want my viewers to trust me 100%, the only way to achieve that is to not sugar coat the truth. Mostly I enjoy doing my build tutorials (I need to make one today actually) and have thought about not doing juice reviews. But I do have a following of viewers who love to watch them. Even though taste is highly subjective I try to judge a juice based on a few key factors so even if It's not my type I can still give a good honest taste profile.

I also have to say the freebies we get as reviewers does not make up for the time invested in making the videos, formating them, editing them, uploading them, answering the questions, doing the testing, the devices we must buy to make and edit the videos, the networking, and the social media....as well as the research. All this while still trying to be honest and entertaining and informative. (I literally spent 12 hours yesterday from start to finish on 5 reviews)

Also of course I ask people to subscribe to my channel if they enjoy my videos...I also tell them if they think i'm an a**hole to not subscribe lol. It's not so I can make money, but it's more so that I can reach out to as many vapors as possible.

Yea I know tl;dr
VAPE ON!!!

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
PBusardo is the only one I watch. He doesn't pull any punches. I've watched a few others but they get on my nerves in one way or another. Whether it is their voice or their style or what I don't know. I just don't enjoy watching them.

I agree. Phil is the least biased.

kecast

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2014
Carbondale, IL, USA
I love GrimmGreen a lot, but I realize not everyone likes him. Phil Busardo is definitely the way to go, as many people here have already stated. Rip Trippers is awesome, though the majority of his videos these days just consist of crazy coil builds (not to say that's bad; I love Rip's builds). IndoorSmokers is decent, too, especially if you're into history. Yep, the guy vapes and does history lessons! Although his voice can be a bit annoying...

If you're into juice reviews, I've been watching a newer channel called ConvictedVapes. The guys themselves can be a bit crude and somewhat over-the-top at times, but they're honest. If they don't like something, they'll tell you how much it sucks. Simple as that.

Zildjian

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2012
Oregon
My fav's are Twisted as he seem like a guy I could hang out with. Very clutsy and funny. Seems honest and will call stuff Janky if it is.
Phil I like because he is very technical, but seems like he has a big head and is full of himself. I saw a video that Twisted posted of him meeting Phil at a get together, and Phil acted like he just didn't want to be bothered by him or really given him the time of day. Twisted told him about how he watched and followed Phil, and Phil just acted like he had never heard of Twisted. (Kind of tuned me off). However if you are looking for facts on devices Phil is your guy.

Grimm is cool, and so is Todd, but I follow mainly Twisted and Phil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread