Youtube...who do you trust

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnDaddyo

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2013
Tampa Bay
Been following a few people but, I come away disappointed. It just seems that (I won't name names) some or
even all of these folks give the highest review to the freebie of the day. Geez, one guy even started off his video
showing this big box of free goodies he got in the mail that day and, guess what?? He LOVED everything in the
box! LOL He seems to have a good time making videos almost every day but, I had to cancel my subscription
for the reasons I noted. If you give it, he loves it and will recommend it!
So, who do you like as far as actually watching a product demonstrated?
I'm going to assume that many members would say stay right here at the forum but, again, there must be someone
we can depend on to be honest and unbiased??

Thanks!

Phil Busardo's "Taste Your Juice." As a poster above me stated, he doesn't pull any punches. It doesn't matter what freebie, engraving or whatever you give him, if it's crap he'll tell you so. His reviews are also very in depth especially for mechanical mods with voltage drop charts, modulation frequencies in others, the "chart-o-juice prices," etc.

I know many like Todd's e-cig reviews but I just can't stand his pauses when he gets that stupid half grin on his face and just stares off into space for a while.

Mark Todd

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2012
    Fife, Scotland
    www.toddsreviews.com
    I know many like Todd's e-cig reviews but I just can't stand his pauses when he gets that stupid half grin on his face and just stares off into space for a while.

But I'm thinking about you and all the wonderful things you say about me, I'll try to restrain myself in future and think of Nuns and Baseball instead ;)

Notorious C.I.G.

ECF Veteran
    Nov 30, 2013
    United States
    Besides the freebies, affiliate marketing probably plays a large role on YouTube. Many, if not most, of ecig websites offer affiliate programs (from blu to mbv) which offer usually between 5-20% of the sale price in commision when you send customers through your link. I have a lot of experience with affiliate marketing on YT, there is a lot of money to be made, yet I have yet to do so with the ecig niche(well, besides with a chinese website I promote that happens to carry ecigs, but I just promote their android phones and tablets).

FearTX

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 15, 2013
    Outside of Austin, The Republic of Texas
    PBusardo because Guidos are cool and he doesn't pull any punches when it is free. He even goes back later with the "what I did not like then and why I do or do not like it now" vids.
    Todd's reviews because everyone loves a dork. j/k his reviews are good.
    igetcha69 - good reviews
    RiP Trippers - Educational, entertaining.
    Grimmgreen - entertaining and educational.

FDKRYAN

Sep 30, 2013
    Eugene, OR
    GrimmGreen - funny, seems to review a wide range of stuff
    PBusardo - also reviews a wide range of stuff and everyone seems to like his videos
    Todd ecigreviews - I'd say he has the most frequent videos. I also think he's one of the most honest.
    Igetcha69 - very well put together videos, I think he's the go to guy on genesis style atomizers
    RipTrippers - I think this guy is funny, I'd say he is the go to guy from rebuildable dripping atomizers
    VapingwithTwisted420 - He reviews a lot of clones so if you're in the market for a clone I'd check him out

FDKRyan KCVO

mullet

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 22, 2013
    Memphis(Collierville), TN
    Todd is about the only one I watch regularly. All the rest have something they do or say that tends to bother me for some reason or another. I.e. Rip seems a bit too cocky, Grim won't get rid of that damn Brittney Spears poster, Phil just kind of annoys me in general.

I'm weird and little things bug me and they really shouldn't. I can't say I wouldn't trust any of the advice given by any of them, just can't watch their videos

vjc0628

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 23, 2013
    Maryville TN
    Todd is about the only one I watch regularly. All the rest have something they do or say that tends to bother me for some reason or another. I.e. Rip seems a bit too cocky, Grim won't get rid of that damn Brittney Spears poster, Phil just kind of annoys me in general.

I'm weird and little things bug me and they really shouldn't. I can't say I wouldn't trust any of the advice given by any of them, just can't watch their videos

WoW:facepalm:

seahawkin

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 11, 2013
    Rochelle, VA
    Todd, Pbusardo, Vape Girl and I love when we get to see Zen chatting too. Pbusardo and Zen just seemed like really nice peeps that wanna make lives better. Hey I am a gear head added bonus of vaping but at the end of the day, this saved my life. Now the only one I haven't met is Todd, don't think he is on the same continent. And I am damn sure Zen and Phil have no memory of meeting me.

Really the whole thing is so much work, people see the end result and not all the prep or bull that comes along with it. I respect anyone who does it, just groove better with some folks then others.

PS - Todd, I like the 'stupid grin' and staring off into to space, its endearing.

PPS - Sandy from VapeRev did an awesome how-to for the Kayfun.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread