Z-Atty Pro First Impessions

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalison

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2012
SLC, UT
Review to follow. I know there are probably a ton of these reviews by now but, differing opinions never hurt.

I just got this in today, THANKS ZEN!

So first off... WOW. Amazing craftsmanship here. Its a functional art form in my opinion... simple yet elegant.

Mine arrived with 12 wicks oxidized and soaked,
Six 400x400 and Six 325x325
Two Allen Keys
loads of wire
Syringe for filling
One complete Z-Atty Pro with preinsalled five wrap mesh and wick

So I am just going to say I think its a statement to Zen's pride in craftsmanship and skill to put out this product.
I think its absolutely amazing for him to supply you with not only a ready to vape setup... but to supply you with enough re wicking material to last you quite some time. Some places don't even come close to this!

Build

Just amazing work. Everything is finely machined and free of any flaws that I can see. From the collar to fit the ProVari to the tank and up to the cap. Just excellent, you can see the pride in his work.

Its on the heavy side but man does it feel like a quality piece! Its like having my ProVari weight evened out, infact I can balance it on my finger right about the middle of the assembled PV.

Setup

As I said earlier he really supplies you with all you need to vape for a while and also to get straight to vaping ASAP! There is enough material to allow you to tinker a bit till you find that perfect vape.

I simply filled up my tank and started vaping away!

The Vape

So... this part I think its the toughest to explain so far. It's an extremely airy vape. I have had to adjust how I draw so many times, but I think I have finally got it. He does sell another cap for a tighter draw as well... but I wanted to make sure I understood how he originally expects this to work for us. The cap also rotates for throat hit adjustments.

Being an airy draw the vape is pretty cool and smooth... which I do like.

The flavors after some break in are REALLY coming through! WOW... I didn't really want to feed too much into this with some of the reviews out there. I found them to be true. Not to mention plumes of vapor!!

Cons so far?

The only thing so far is that I cannot tighten my Z-Atty enough to fully seat on my ProVari. It has some movement in it, tilts in all directions, which isnt horrible and requires just enough force that it probably wont be an issue but, it needs to be said.

No black! I have a black ProVari and although it looks damn nice on it, the top or the collar could use a little black... which I might have to do myself. Very nit picky of me to say, but again I felt it should be said.

Thats it so far, I have a lot more to go through on this guy. I think I will get my old YouTube account back up and running and start doing some video reviews.

More to come and possibly a video review.

P1000662.jpg

P1000663.jpg

P1000668.jpg

P1000670.jpg

P1000672.jpg

Last edited:

spraintz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2010
Dallas, TX
Nice man!!. I have Provari on the way and just jumped into a rebuildable recently and so for it's been awesome but I have been eyeballing the Z-atty pretty hard. Nice to see they are back in stock.

Any issues with wicking using what it comes with? Specifically, does it wick quickly enough to keep up with your draw? (that make sense?)

kalison

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2012
SLC, UT
Nice man!!. I have Provari on the way and just jumped into a rebuildable recently and so for it's been awesome but I have been eyeballing the Z-atty pretty hard. Nice to see they are back in stock.

Any issues with wicking using what it comes with? Specifically, does it wick quickly enough to keep up with your draw? (that make sense?)

I used mostly 60/40 and 50/50 juices so the 400 mesh does not wick as well as I would like it. As much as I would hate to ruin the perfectly wicked and coiled set up that it came as, I will re wick and coil tomorrow with the 325 and see if it improves. It's not bad by any means but I feel like it can't keep as well on the longer draws that you need.

I think for 400 mesh 70/30 is recommended for proper wicking of juice.

seanmc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2008
Fairfield California
I picked one up, fiddled with it for 2 weeks...and sold it! I just couldn't get it to work properly. Even with the 325 mesh, It just wouldn't wick properly. I wen't through some of the pre rolled wicks, even made my own and it never came out right. I could never get one to draw or taste as good as a Boge carto or my HH357. The design is beautiful...but the performance leaves much to be desired.

kalison

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2012
SLC, UT
I picked one up, fiddled with it for 2 weeks...and sold it! I just couldn't get it to work properly. Even with the 325 mesh, It just wouldn't wick properly. I wen't through some of the pre rolled wicks, even made my own and it never came out right. I could never get one to draw or taste as good as a Boge carto or my HH357. The design is beautiful...but the performance leaves much to be desired.

I am slowly noticing this... but mainly with fruity flavors. My tobacco flavors never tasted better though!

I am going to try 80/20 juices before I pass judgment.

I will say though, there should be an option of either tight draw cap or normal cap at time of order. This draw is sooooooo airy its hard to get used to. I have made proper adjustments and I can draw off of it quite well.... but it just doesn't feel right sometimes.

Thanks for your comment!

kalison

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2012
SLC, UT
I ended up selling this wonderful atomizer. I just couldn't get the taste or the performance that I was looking for. Total bummer, but it went to a good home! :D

I think the issue I had was the wicking. When I switched to some 80/20 juice it started working very well.

As stated earlier, my tobacco flavors that sat on the shelf never to be used again tasted AMAZING on this atomizer. I don't vape tobacco that much though and, with the more pungent or fruity flavors (which I vape with mostly) didn't quite make the grade.

I am so happy I had the chance to own one and use it, but everything isnt for everyone.

easygany

Verified Member
Mar 9, 2012
Renton, WA
I ended up selling this wonderful atomizer. I just couldn't get the taste or the performance that I was looking for. Total bummer, but it went to a good home! :D

I think the issue I had was the wicking. When I switched to some 80/20 juice it started working very well.

As stated earlier, my tobacco flavors that sat on the shelf never to be used again tasted AMAZING on this atomizer. I don't vape tobacco that much though and, with the more pungent or fruity flavors (which I vape with mostly) didn't quite make the grade.

I am so happy I had the chance to own one and use it, but everything isnt for everyone.

That's kinda sad that it did not worked out with you. I would be happier on mine if I can get the stiff draw top cap. The Z atty Pro is a litte too open for me. I'm try to get used to it though. I hope Zen would bring the stiff draw top cap back to stock soon. Happy vaping

kalison

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2012
SLC, UT
That's kinda sad that it did not worked out with you. I would be happier on mine if I can get the stiff draw top cap. The Z atty Pro is a litte too open for me. I'm try to get used to it though. I hope Zen would bring the stiff draw top cap back to stock soon. Happy vaping

Vape on!

Yeah, I felt Zen went out of his way for me to get one... but it just didn't work out. I don't think it was this particular genesis atty, I just don't think genesis atties will be my choice going forward... but who knows!

I love to buy things and test them. I have a couple more Gene style atomizers I want to try, maybe there is something different because for some reason I felt like I am missing something, people just love the Genesis Style Atomizers.

As to what you said, the airy draw did take some time to get used to. I was able to train myself to take proper draws off of it, but the flavors that I vape were just not coming through like I had hoped.

Jeepster08

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Fort Worth, TX

Jeepster08

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
By the way... I'm the one that purchased this ZAP from the OP of this thread. Still loving it as much as the day I got it! Still using the first wick and coil I set up 3 months ago. Every three tank fulls or so I take the tank off, wipe everything down and do a few dry burns to clean the coil. It has found a permanent home on top of my satin Provari Mini. Thanks again Kalison! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread