Z-atty pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dj Lee

Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
Lumpa land
I noticed a lot of people have the z-atty pro with the Provari. I like how it looks but is it worth $150 is the question I am pondering. I heard some valid negative comments on it. For $150 I want something that that smokes good, that doesn't leak, and is properly finished all the way around.

What are your opinion on the z-atty? I'm looking for a good rba. I want my rba to look good and perform good on my black satin provari mini. :blush:

I'm thinking of getting the hippo cap but can't decide what would fit good on top of that to finish the look.

yellowrider

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2012
MN
Its a nice piece, well packaged with items you need. Like previously mentioned it looks very good on provari.. I guess it should since it was made for it.
Few things
cons..
Top cap comes off with ease.
Glued center post as mentioned above
I do not like the airy draw, prefer something tight, like cobra.. now that looks good on provari.
My $30 aga t2 performs just as good... opps, did i just say that..

Albinon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2012
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
I've had mine for about a month, and I love it. I love it so much that I bought a Zenesis Ti. Does an Aga T+ work just as well, yes. The performance is all dependent on your ablity to make a wick and coil. It is a work of art, as are most of the high end genesis atomizers. I love to hold it, caress it and look at it. It truly is a thing of bueaty, and like all art bueaty is in the eye of the beholder.

Dj Lee

Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
Lumpa land
Its a nice piece, well packaged with items you need. Like previously mentioned it looks very good on provari.. I guess it should since it was made for it.
Few things
cons..
Top cap comes off with ease.
Glued center post as mentioned above
I do not like the airy draw, prefer something tight, like cobra.. now that looks good on provari.
My $30 aga t2 performs just as good... opps, did i just say that..

Can I see a picture of the cobra on the Provari please?

estrader

Verified Member
Jan 22, 2013
oc
I didn't k ow the Center post is glued. Does it just eventually fall off? If so just Re glue it with what?

To answer op question, I had mine a month and it Vapes well, loads of vapor, but that's the only plus. I'm used to the airy draw and like it now. Don't like the top cap and regarding the fit and finish, mine had a horizontal machining scratch 1/4 the way around. Came like this out of the tube so not too sure about superb fit and finish. Also it doesn't screw down 100% on the provari. If u don't screw it super tight u can feel like 1mm worth of play.

Buzzsaw46

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2012
SE MN United States
My center post came loose as I was loosening the top screw the first time. I wasn't happy with the stock wick and coil so I was taking it apart to re-wick and coil it. The center post is made up of 5 parts, a delrin tube, a SS coupler, the positive pin, a spring, and the top screw. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provape/379466-you-guys-asked-here-how-take-apart-zap.html You can see all the parts in this thread and how they go together.

I used Loc-Tite super glue to fix mine. I think Gorilla brand is recommended by Zen. I also just read that the center post is now press fit into the body so I hope we wont hear of this problem going forward.

jazon1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2012
Phoenix,AZ
i think the Z-Atty is a good device but a bit on the pricy side considering its quirks, but nothing looks better on the provari IMO and cost almost nothing to maintain once you have one.
my main downsides with it are:

center post coming loose for this price it should be threaded in or at least pressed in.

mesh wick isolator it comes with can melt into the mesh if you like a hot coil, easily fixed by removing it and using a thicker wick(just have to oxidize the crap out of it)

price..there are devices out there that work just as well that cost less then half the price.

and lastly considering the price you would think they would use a nicer skirt at the bottom,something tapered to match the size and shape of the provari tip not just use a hollow ring that over time scratches up your provari's top from all the wiggle room when fully tightened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread