Zamplebox cheating people on their subscriptions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oh u mad

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
cali
I've heard several times that zamplebox customers receive several bottles that taste exactly the same or almost exactly the same in the same months box. The brands included aren't sold anywhere else. And the labels are all printed from a low quality label with the same graphics style as other bottles even though the name of the brand is different. I've heard many of them were near unvapeable by ECR.

They include these juices in the same box with legitimate juices brands so it seems like it's a real juice line that can be purchased separately..... even though Zamplebox makes it themselves to save money.

Is this true?

I would never do a subscription but it sucks that they're kinda cheating money out of people by doing this.

Pensilac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
Utica, NY
I was a subscriber for 6 months or so and never received anything like you describe though some boxes seemed to have very similar flavors from known brands in them. One box was almost all pineapple flavors and the first box I got from them was mostly melon flavors. I have received a couple of the same juice 2 months in a row on different occasions though which was kinda lame.

oh u mad

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
cali
i have never heard this before. i have been subscribed for 5 months and never gotten anything like what you describe. i look up every bottle i get to read the maker`s description of the flavors before i vape it to see if it tastes like the description. every bottle has been legit.

looks like you're wrong

http://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/comments/2vlemk/yeah_zamplebox_is_full_of_..../

Most of the brands I receive cannot be found with an exhaustive Google search, have completely arbitrary retail prices on their site, and are all unvapable. I'm having a hard time with them cancelling my sub.

Exactly the reason I cancelled my sub. I couldn't find info about the juice anywhere so I had no clue what I was vaping.
Plus, most of the juice was ....ty.

Last edited:

oh u mad

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
cali
I was a subscriber for 6 months or so and never received anything like you describe though some boxes seemed to have very similar flavors from known brands in them. One box was almost all pineapple flavors and the first box I got from them was mostly melon flavors. I have received a couple of the same juice 2 months in a row on different occasions though which was kinda lame.

looks like i'm right

The truth behind Zamplebox.

http://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/comments/2q8vjw/the_truth_behind_zamplebox/

oh u mad

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
cali
House juice! Yes it's true!

yeah, there's now proof. i've also learned they make it very difficult to cancel subscriptions

It took them three ....ing weeks to cancel my subscription. They only finally cancelled it yesterday when I responded directly to two emails I sent regarding my "newest order" being shipped.

oh u mad

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
cali

drthunder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2014
NY
Long story short they had a big selection in the beginning when companies were sending them their products. Currently they are slipping in their own house juices from labels they own. It's a very deceptive way of doing business by making your customers think they are getting stuff from around the world.

I also wanted to add my last Zamplebox had a bottle that was over a year old and expired. They quickly sent me a replacement but it just shows the level care when they package these things. They also keep reminding customers who cancel that their special low early member price might be taken away. This seems a like a big desperation move by them.

RipTodd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2015
Ripon, WI
www.rathkampdrums.com
I was considering writing about this, but didn't want to stir up a hornet's nest. I believe this to be true. I subscribed to the gold box last month. I was so excited to get 11 bottles, I was checking ups tracking every 10 minutes. I can't tell you how disappointed I was.

My suspicions were derived from a couple things. First, all the bottles were clear. Every one of them had the same eye dropper. Every one of them smells and tastes like an 85 year old woman's perfume.

A google search for most of the "brands" turns up very few results, with all of the results pointing back to Zamplebox.

I cancelled my subscription.

Pensilac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
Utica, NY

Hmm, first I've heard of this info. I don't use Facebook so was never able to chat on the Zamplebox club page. I personally only ever received juice from brands that I had no trouble finding online and had the ability to purchase more if I wanted.

That's too bad though, they were a pretty decent service for the first few months I was subscribed but started to get worse and worse till I cancelled in December after they sent me some menthol flavors and were rude about it when I emailed them about it. I don't like how they keep going on about their flavor profiles when they obviously don't pay any attention to them when sending juice out and don't like how after being around for a year they still go on about "early member" pricing like they're going to raise the price any day now.

I'm still waiting on my Jan 2015 Gold box to arrive, I signed up on Dec 30th so thats why I get mine so late. But my Dec box was not bad, some were really awesome, 1-2 were mehhhhh. But yes, I've come to notice, alot of the brands they carry are house brands. As well, Ben Johnsons and Classified. Are they the same company?It seems they do the same promotions at the same vape shoes. Same company two different brands?

But after I receive my Jan box, I'll decide to keep or cancel. Tons of local juice makers that are better than the juice I get in Zamplebox, the only good thing about Zamplebox is the variety. But if its all house brand stuff, I'm going to cancel and maybe sign up with Craft Vapery instead. Need me some Cosmic Fog, Space Jam and ANML

SmoKnoMoCigZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2013
constitution state
this is not good to hear. i responded to the thread regarding to this within the last day or two defending zamplebox. so far i got 5 boxes(5 months subscription so far) and all 30 bottles have been name brand liquid that easily show up in google searches. i saw a photo of these "house juices" on reddit and i never received anything like that so far. i will soon find out as they shipped my 6th month box today. i should get it early next week and i will be ...... if i get these "house" made juices. if this is what he is shipping out he is killing his business. if this is all true i would ask for a refund and offer to send the juice back. if no refund within 48 hours do a chargeback with the bank(credit card). i would advise anybody else who got "house e juice" to do the same. gotta nip this in the bud!

DenaInWyo

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Casper Wy
My mom and I both had zamplebox for awhile. It was kind of fun, but I got into DIY and have pretty well given up on buying vendor juice. My mom, however, kept going with it until about 3 months ago when she received a selection that included 2 plastic bottles that the seals were clearly broken on. You know that little ring at the bottom of the cap that snaps apart when you open the bottle? Both were separated from the cap, which to me, means they've been opened.

Makes me wonder now if that was the beginning of this and the bottles had been refilled. At any rate, my mom is pretty old school and was offended that they asked her for a photo for proof and so she canceled. She was getting a lot of repeats anyway, along with the fact that I have started making some pretty decent stuff.

There are for sure some awesome vendors out there, but it's stuff like this that makes me glad I finally took the plunge with DIY.

SmoKnoMoCigZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2013
constitution state
just got my box. no "house brand juice. i can find all online for sale.

20150223_191956.jpg

just got my box. no "house brand juice. i can find all online for sale.

View attachment 414941

My box this month had no house brand juices and all name brands. I'll post up my box tomorrow. This is my 2nd box (Jan 2015) First box was the December 2014 box. The Dec box had.....6 out of 11 bottles were all house brand. So this months box is decent actually. Maybe they were listening or reading our posts? I'll be recieving my Feb 2015 box in a week and a bit and hopefully its as good as my Jan box was.

Whats funny is the house brand they do, the website is no longer able to be viewed. You need a password to get in. Strange?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread