Zen Mind Vapor Review, read this and get Zen with me (4 Flavors)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jffvera

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
New York
I ran across Zen Mind Vapor on reddit. Their flavors sounded delicious and some were downright unique so I decided to give them a try, now I am going to tell you all about it.
Packaging:
I received four of the 6ml bottles and two of the 30ml ones. It was well cushioned and sealed in a plastic bag. There are no child safety caps, so if you live with people young enough or stupid enough to randomly start chugging juice out of the bottle, keep these bottles out of their reach.

The 30ml bottle is your standard clear glass bottle that comes with a dropper. The 6ml samples come in the little plastic bottles we are all familiar with. Zen Mind Vapor must buy their 6ml bottles from the same people as the Vapor Chef, because you need about 200 pounds of hand pressure to get a drop. You’ll want to enlarge the hole with a pin or whatever.

The flavors, nic level and pg/vg ratio are hand written on the label. This isn’t a big deal. I even tried hot water steeping a few bottles to see if the ink would smudge or disappear but it held up and is still totally legible. No born on date info on the labels, so if that’s something you want to track you are going to have to write it on the bottles yourself.

On to the review:
Elephas Dew (12mg 50/50)
What they say: “Kiwi, Fig, and Honeysuckle”
I haven’t had a fig in about 5 years. I don’t ever remember thinking “Wow, figs are awesome!” This juice has me wanting to go out and buy a bag of figs because I think I may have been giving them a raw deal. It is sweet but not overly so, and the fig flavor gives it a touch of richness, the sharpness of the kiwi adds just enough tart to it so the fig doesn’t overpower everything. The honeysuckle is there but it just punches it all up and brings a very slight floral note to the party and serves as the proverbial cherry on top.
Grade: B+ This didn’t score higher because it’s just a touch too tart for me to be totally in love with it, but it’s still good.

Magnum Opus (6mg 50/50)
What they say: “Honey tobacco with the slightest hint of brown sugar”

How good is this stuff? The only tobacco flavor I vaped was Honey Nut Tobacco. Then this showed up in the mail, and my stash of Honey Nut Tobacco is being ignored. There is a double touch of sweetness to it, from the honey and brown sugar, and yes you can taste the honey and brown sugar, that wakes up your tastebuds, but not so much that you are going to mistake it for a dessert flavor. I find it to be great mellow all day vape. I wish they tobacco in it was kicked up just one notch though. Don’t get e wrong, you can tell it’s tobacco, but if there was just a bit more of it I think it would be phenomenal.
Grade: A If the tobacco was just a touch stronger it would be an A+ all day.

Orange Isles (12mg 50/50 &12mg Max VG)
What they say: “Blood Orange, fresh Kiwi, Papaya and Coconut”
I have two different bottles of this flavor, I have dripped from all of them. I get the same thing each time, orange. Not blood orange as advertised, I was expecting Queenside blood orange, just regular old orange. Don’t get me wrong it’s not bad, but when you advertise a delicious cornucopia of flavors like kiwi, papaya, and coconut and I can’t taste them, it’s a let down. The orange is good, it’s nice and fresh and tastes like a real orange and there’s plenty of it. At Max VG the orange is less pronounced but I still can’t taste anything other than the orange. I am not going to smash this, maybe it just needs more steeping to mellow out the orange and let the other flavors pop.
Grade: C This juice tastes fine. The average grade is more an issue of advertising flavors that I just can’t find.

Tao of Churro (6mg 50/50)
What they say: “Churro, Caramel, and Butterscotch with a hint of graham cracker on the exhale”I like churros, it’s not the sort of thing I am shoving in my piehole at every opportunity though. In any case, this juice is extraordinary. The taste is about as close as you are going to get to a churro without actually eating one. The churro flavor combines with the caramel and butterscotch to make a rich vape but somehow manages to be just the right sweetness, so you don’t feel like you are minutes away from a diabetic coma. Sometimes I think I get the graham cracker exhale most of the time I don’t. It doesn’t matter though because it’s awesome. I could keep going, but it would just be blathering about how delicious this stuff is. It’s really, really, really good.
Grade: A+ If you like churros get this. If you have never had a churro, get this. If you don’t like churros, well I feel bad for you my friend.

I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention the plentiful vapor production of Zen Mind Vapor’s e-liquid. I tasted all theses flavors on an RDA, 1.5 mm air holes, with a .75 dual coil set up, so nothing all that extreme, yet I am getting some pretty serious clouds with 50/50 juice. When I drip the max vg I am about 2 steps away from being a full on Pinoy smoke machine.

TLDR: Zen Mind Vapor turns out some damn good juice. I’d have no problem classifying this as premium juice, so at $8.50 for 15ml or $15 for 30ml it’s more than worth giving a try, I think you’ll like it.

Disclaimer: These are just my opinions, I am not “The Juice Guru”, and I didn’t stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, I am just some guy. I am not getting any form of payment, discount or promise of future free stuff from Zen Mind Vapor in exchange for this review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread