Zenesis 2.2 Button getting very hot ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vap3ster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Miami
I got my zenesis 2.2 just over a month ago. I have used it with 4 wraps of 26 gauge since day one. Earlier today I was noticing my button was getting very hot. I broke everything down cleaned with alcohol rebuilt using 3 inches of #400 mesh rolled up properly and thoroughly oxidized. 4 wraps 26 gauge still hot.

So I try now a third build using 27 gauge 4 wraps button is still hot as could be.

What gives how could a type of build that worked multiple builds over a month suddenly cause a hot button?

photo(2).jpg photo(2).jpg

Thinking about it some more. I may be getting my wick flooded and maybe firing It longer than I use to and that is why i had not noticed it as much. Just tried a spring from another mod and the brass screw in the switch still got hot using 27 guage 4 wraps what gives.

Last edited:

Vap3ster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Miami
photo(3).jpg I would agree with you if it was not for the fact that I had been running very similar builds with out any issues prior to recently.

Anyways problem solved after a visit to 2 different hardware stores I replaced the brass bolt in the switch with a plain steal one. No more hot button issues. My not very educated guess or observation is somehow after a month of only using this mod I like wore out the brass bolt or something and replacing it with a plain steal one allowed once again to run the types of builds I had been.

My builds are between .8 and .5 ohms. I know there once was a time that batteries could not safely handles these loads. Regardless that is the range I feel is necessary to get a satisfactory amount of vapor from this or any mech.

Last edited:

Dnorager

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2011
Layton, UT
www.electronicstix.com
Glad you did get it back to working. It is also a possibility that the spring could have collapsed from the builds as well.
Either way, if it gives you anymore problems feel free to let us know. You can give us a call at the warehouse or simply submit a support ticket through the site. The support ticket system is best because if it is something that needs House of Hybrids attention, we are able to give the ticket to them so that they can properly respond. :)

DemonCow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2013
USA
My z2.2 switch was getting really hot as well. It was fine for about 2-3 days then started getting really hot earlier this morning. Took it apart spring wasn't hot only the screw and bottom of button were. Anyways just filed the screw down quick got it a bit flater and got the gold off the top works like a charm now. Just filed it down like an hour ago so hopefully it keeps working fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread