Zenith 1.2 coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riffolen

May 12, 2022
Hello there, does anyone know what's the deal with 1.2 zenite coil? Literally when I'm buying it, it always dies in less than 24h, never had same issue with 0.8 but my local store runs out of 0.8 so often. Have anyone else had this issue? Maybe I'm doing something wrong but idk
Using innokin zlide mtl vape
Mixing my own liquid as prems are banned on my country, base is 50/50, nicotine is 50/50 and taste is always 7.5% of liquid amount.

If I'm not doing something wrong then Im gonna make complain to Zenith as this has happened with me like all the time starting like 6 months ago.

MLEJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2020
Hmmm?
Where do you set the Watts when you use that coil? The specs for it say 14 W max. Too high and you'll kill it quickly.
50/50 VG/PG should be fine. Are your flavors very sweet? That can be a coil killer.
Also, are you sure the flavoring your using isn't oil-based. You want to avoid that.

@Innokin_timmy is a rep here who might have some more advice for you.

Riffolen

May 12, 2022
Hmmm?
Where do you set the Watts when you use that coil? The specs for it say 14 W max. Too high and you'll kill it quickly.
50/50 VG/PG should be fine. Are your flavors very sweet? That can be a coil killer.
Also, are you sure the flavoring your using isn't oil-based. You want to avoid that.

@Innokin_timmy is a rep here who might have some more advice for you.

Well small edit
Opened coil to see if it's actually burned to brown/black and it's actually white, don't get why it gives slight burn taste, when I tried to blow first and then smoke, then it's fine like 10 hits, then it starts again.
But yea I'm using lowest level of innokin zlide and I think it's under 14w, also all air flows are open always. And no, all my flavors are non sweet nor oil based.

MLEJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2020
Opened coil to see if it's actually burned to brown/black and it's actually white, don't get why it gives slight burn taste, when I tried to blow first and then smoke, then it's fine like 10 hits, then it starts again.
i take it from what you said in the op that you've had this problem with multiple 1.2 Ohm Z-Coils from different packs, so it's not a bad coil or pack of them, which happens sometimes.
Do you have a different tank that uses different coils than the Z-Coils? i haven't used Z-Coils too much myself & don't believe i've ever used the 1.2 but it's a very highly regarded line of coils. That leads me to thinking it's something about the e-liquid you're mixing that's not making the coils happy, but what is a mystery. Trying it w/ completely different coils might give an idea what's up.
It's possible your nic is degrading. It gets harsh & nasty if it becomes too oxidized. How do you store it?
If your shop is always running our of .8 Ohm & 1.2 isn't working well for you, maybe try the 1.0 &/or 1.6 Ohm ones.

(Just throwing thoughts out there for you.)

Riffolen

May 12, 2022
i take it from what you said in the op that you've had this problem with multiple 1.2 Ohm Z-Coils from different packs, so it's not a bad coil or pack of them, which happens sometimes.
Do you have a different tank that uses different coils than the Z-Coils? i haven't used Z-Coils too much myself & don't believe i've ever used the 1.2 but it's a very highly regarded line of coils. That leads me to thinking it's something about the e-liquid you're mixing that's not making the coils happy, but what is a mystery. Trying it w/ completely different coils might give an idea what's up.
It's possible your nic is degrading. It gets harsh & nasty if it becomes too oxidized. How do you store it?
If your shop is always running our of .8 Ohm & 1.2 isn't working well for you, maybe try the 1.0 &/or 1.6 Ohm ones.

(Just throwing thoughts out there for you.)
Yea I used exactly same liquid on 0.8 which did just well and liquid is a bit less than week old, but changed coil yesterday as 0. 8 one was 2 weeks old already but it didn't give me any burn taste or rusty taste, can't even say if it's burn or kinda rusty taste I get right now but it feels like coil gets dry after couple hits and gets fine after blowing it. Tried also same liquid on my pod and it's doing just fine.
Also yea I have heard good things about 1.6, may as well go with that if 0.8 runs out of stock again.

Idk maybe my liquid is too thin for 1.2 but don't want to believe, just tired of wasting money if it makes vaping more expensive than buying cig pack everyday

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    But yea I'm using lowest level of innokin zlide and I think it's under 14w

The zlide is a tank, there is no wattage setting on a tank. @MLEJ is asking what is the wattage you have set on your mod when vaping the 1.2 ohm coil. If you don't know then please post what device you are using or at least a picture of it.

Riffolen

May 12, 2022
    The zlide is a tank, there is no wattage setting on a tank. @MLEJ is asking what is the wattage you have set on your mod when vaping the 1.2 ohm coil. If you don't know then please post what device you are using or at least a picture of it.
    It's innokin adept zlide kit, just checked bottom of it and I'm running it on 11 watts, also gonna test the suggestion you did above

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Are they verified coils?
    I bought mine from Innokin so I didn’t look.

3B1CF6B7-D5AB-4E73-A73B-50F3C5573937.jpeg

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Thanks @UncleJunkle
    Your suggestion actually worked, now it's all good :thumb:

Great. I just want to add that you should always be dripping some eliquid onto the cotton in the coil head before you put a new coil head in and vape it. However, this isn't always enough to properly saturate the wick, so I use the method I told you about for better saturation of the cotton wick. Glad it worked for you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread