Zenith has slow leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

skeyhani503

Sep 4, 2017
Wondering if anyone knows why my Zenith continues to leak. Thought it may be because I wasn't installing coil flush or straight, but, have checked & double checked that I don't make those mistakes, &, I still continue to leak after some time. The leak doesn't start right away, it only occurs after having coil in for a couple weeks. I'm using all VG with exception of the flavoring, so, it's fairly thick. I vape at 15-17 watts on both my Krom-A & a smok OSUB TC 80w (sometimes a little lower on smok due to ability to adjust in .1 increments) & am using authentic .8Q, Zenith replacement coils. This issue has now occurred on 2 coils so far. I don't go through coils very quickly about 1 every 2 weeks since and even then they are fairly unworn I just change flavors frequently, or, I swap out so that flavors are clean. Any suggestions. Circled are it starts to slowly seep from gradually.

Attachments

• 236C5972-38D6-4430-8F9B-87BDFD4DF3B5.jpeg
    236C5972-38D6-4430-8F9B-87BDFD4DF3B5.jpeg
    683 KB · Views: 148

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Have you disassembled the tank and checked all the O-rings and etc. If your tank is not maintain a vacuum, it could be that. It's possible that your thicker e-liquid is actually slowing the leak, as a thinner juice would probably leak more quickly over time, but if the seals are deformed, not placed exactly where they need to be and etc., that could cause leaking.

If you have done that and are pretty sure it's not your coil, I'm a bit stumped. I suppose there could be something press fit that isn't exactly right in your tank.... At that .point, you'd probably have to contact your vendor and see about a replacement. Etc.

Anna

skeyhani503

Sep 4, 2017
Have you disassembled the tank and checked all the O-rings and etc. If your tank is not maintain a vacuum, it could be that. It's possible that your thicker e-liquid is actually slowing the leak, as a thinner juice would probably leak more quickly over time, but if the seals are deformed, not placed exactly where they need to be and etc., that could cause leaking.

If you have done that and are pretty sure it's not your coil, I'm a bit stumped. I suppose there could be something press fit that isn't exactly right in your tank.... At that .point, you'd probably have to contact your vendor and see about a replacement. Etc.

Anna
Yes I've disassembled my tank and am not sure if O-ring is a problem, but, here's a pic. Second, no this isn't my everyday tank. That job is predominantly the job of my Kubuki work horse.

Reactions: stols001

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Yes I've disassembled my tank and am not sure if O-ring is a problem, but, here's a pic. Second, no this isn't my everyday tank. That job is predominantly the job of my Kubuki work horse.
    Well that's it then, you give all your attention to the kabuki so it's weeping.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread