Zeus X Rta flooding and dealing with geekvape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruben41771

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2019
South Africa, Cape Town
Hey guys and girls

I am from sunny south africa and just want to share my experience with the zeus x and geekvape china customer support. Sry if my spelling is bit weird but eng is not my first lingo ...

First let me get the coils and cotton i used out the way.

Mod :
Voopoo Drag 2

Rta :
Zeus X Black

Coils :
1) Coils that came with zeus x
2) 4 x Framed Staple Twisted Coil 0.2ohm ( geekvape )
3) 4 x Framed Staple Fused Clapton Coil 0.25ohm ( geekvape )
4) Vape Creations - 6 Core Parallel Coil - Ni80 Prebuilt 6 pack ( 28x5 40g )

Cotton :
1) Cotton Bacon V2
2) Cotton Bacon Prime
3) Nasty juice Premium Cotton

juice : all 6mg
Bazooka Sour Straws, Ruthless Glazed Donuts - Smores, Charlies Chalk Campfire, Zonk Cotton Candy - Mixed Berrys and a few others ...

So here's my storie going to try to keep it short.

Bought the zeus x on release date, first week or 2 it was flawless, gave me time to perfect my wicking, tank has amazing flavor if you get it right !!

After about 2 weeks every other thank i fill up with juice it flooded the deck, when i tried to smoke alot of gurgling and about half a tank will be gone, have to tip it over so all the extra liquid can drain then i can smoke more or less. Thought this was bit weird but since it only done it every other tank didnt pay much attetion to it, since it was only any other tank and only on refill.

After about 3 weeks when i rebuild with fresh cotton and cleaned the coils the tank will flood with a fresh rebuild. This will happen with every build and every refill, doesnt matter if i use alot of cotton or thinned it out same results. In a week i used 2 bags of cotton and about 10 coils to try and fix but nothing worked, wasted alot of cotton and coils and alot of my juice, juice arent cheap in SA not by a long shot !!
So started to replace all the o rings, but this also didnt help the tank will flood on que now, every time i rebuild or fill up it flooded was sad actually :(

On week 4 i gave up on the rta cause bought it to stop smoking and buying expensive coils with my sub ohm tanks.
I contacted the shop i bought it from and they say they dont replace tanks, they will try to fix it but i have to pay for shipping and labour, the priced the gave me worked out more than a new zeus x rta so that wasnt an option even tho the tank is still under warranty.
I was left with only one option and that is to submit a ticket to geekvape china and hope for the best, but i didnt really have any hope cause i am in SA and sending the rta that side will cost way too much ..

To my surprice i recived a email 2 days later from geekvape trying to help.

So this is where my happy storie starts :)

Geekvape representative : Luis Lau

She got hold of me and ask for a vid, i upload a vid for her and 2 days later ask for the code under the scratch on the box, another day later she said geekvape will replace my zeus x rta and courier it to SA from china, and seems all on their expence :)

I have to say to geekvape support and to Luis you guys/girls give beyond excellent service and i wont hesitate to by from geekvape again !!!
With service like this from around the world i couldnt ask for more or better service. Well whould have loved a zeus x rta that worked flawless but that didnt happen, but since the support is so good i am still very happy with everything.

Thanks every one for reading my storie and thanks Luis for helping me :)

Ruben41771

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2019
South Africa, Cape Town
I'm really glad your story seems to have a happy ending! I'm glad Geekvape took care of it. Let us know what happens with the new Zeus RTA.
Will do, i hope the next one works because it is a really nice tank with alot of flavor, just a little bit thirsty ..

Reactions: Fidola13

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Will do, i hope the next one works because it is a really nice tank with alot of flavor, just a little bit thirsty ..

Just remember your problem may be in the building and wicking so post a new thread in the forum when you get it if your still having problems, and make sure you watch more than one build video before starting in again..

Ruben41771

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2019
South Africa, Cape Town
DF36CE05-8BA7-4BD1-B8FF-291AFB16637C.jpeg
77C4AD15-A56A-4DAC-845D-26F027FC1A7E.jpeg
BBE7F1DF-5C81-410F-8939-5FDC79C1627D.jpeg
6E319E01-B4B0-4FC2-9ACB-87A8A8090D98.jpeg
4C2C0D76-C435-42A2-A09B-70F3C0E7027C.jpeg
E2A06BB2-B1CA-4D1A-B732-FAC08D8204AC.jpeg
73F020BD-7CBC-465E-98C1-87FD7F1D7B0D.jpeg
Just remember your problem may be in the building and wicking so post a new thread in the forum when you get it if your still having problems, and make sure you watch more than one build video before starting in again..
Thanks for the tip, but tried every wicking way there is, from counting 3 strands of cotton to stuffing it in that air cant escape and everything in between i tried them all, going thro 2 bags of cotton in a week will make that you tried everything possible.
The tank was fine the first week excelent flavor but bit thirsty ..
Its like i said now when i build it will flood from the first second.

Not going to ad all pics i have on my build because it will be too much.
Tank bubbled perfect the week of builds, i rewick evertime with a new flavor, smoke about 2 days on a flavor then will rewick and try something else.
But thanks will look at wicking next time.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
View attachment 810619 View attachment 810621 View attachment 810623 View attachment 810625 View attachment 810627 View attachment 810629 View attachment 810631
Thanks for the tip, but tried every wicking way there is, from counting 3 strands of cotton to stuffing it in that air cant escape and everything in between i tried them all, going thro 2 bags of cotton in a week will make that you tried everything possible.
The tank was fine the first week excelent flavor but bit thirsty ..
Its like i said now when i build it will flood from the first second.

Not going to ad all pics i have on my build because it will be too much.
Tank bubbled perfect the fist build.
But thanks will look at wicking next time.

When you dry burn (prior to wicking) are your coils glowing evenly from the inside out?

Try using straight round wire - 24 gauge Kanthal - and just wind your own coils until you get a little better at building.. that will save you some money.

Ruben41771

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2019
South Africa, Cape Town
When you dry burn (prior to wicking) are your coils glowing evenly from the inside out?

Try using straight round wire - 24 gauge Kanthal - until you get a little better at building.. that will save you some money.
Yip inside to out, i dont build my own coils, buying pre builds is cheap and give loads of options that i cant build myself :)

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I have that RTA also. I didn’t even look at the coils it came with, as I make my own. I’ll say this though, I use 2.5 or 3 mm I’d coils in it. 2 mm seems small and like they wouldn’t hold enough cotton for that atty.

Otherwise, it looks like you’re doing okay with wicking.

And yes, it is a bit thirsty, not as bad as some though.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Yip inside to out, i dont build my own coils, buying pre builds is cheap and give loads of options i cant build myself :)

Yes dear it gives you options, but your having problems and wasting coils because of those problems.

That is why to use round Kanthal wire - it's far easier to wick as a beginner and will give you the space to practice without spending lots of money until you get better at doing this..

As far as this coil, are both coils glowing exactly evenly? Or does one get hot faster than the other and in different places?

With dual coils both coils should heat exactly the same, at exactly the same time... was that happening?

Ruben41771

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2019
South Africa, Cape Town
Yes dear it gives you options, but your having problems and wasting coils because of those problems.

That is why to use round Kanthal wire - it's far easier to wick as a beginner and will give you the space to practice without spending lots of money until you get better at doing this..

As far as this coil, are both coils glowing exactly evenly? Or does one get hot faster than the other and in different places?

With dual coils both coils should heat exactly the same, at exactly the same time... was that happening?
Everything is perfect on my wicking only using 3mm.
Thing is i have the old zeus dual aswell for about a year or something. I bought this as a upgrade for the dual.
Sometime things are just broken doenst matter what you do.
Been vaping for awhile and been in rta's awhile, when i started building on the x i scratched everthing i knew about wicking and start from point a again, this was something else to build to get the flavor just right.
But ja will take all the info i get on the thread :) never to old to learn.

And using the old coils in my other zeus, i just tried a bunch of coils to see if that wasnt maybe a prob, so no coil will go to waste :)

• Love
Reactions: Opinionated

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Everything is perfect on my wicking only using 3mm.
Thing is i have the old zeus dual aswell for about a year or something. I bought this as a upgrade for the dual.
Sometime things are just broken doenst matter what you do.
Been vaping for awhile and been in rta's awhile, when i started building on the x i scratched everthing i knew about wicking and start from point a again, this was something else to build to get the flavor just right.
But ja will take all the info i get on the thread :) never to old to learn.

And using the old coils in my other zeus, i just tried a bunch of coils to see if that wasnt maybe a prob, so no coil will go to waste :)

Okay.. I did misunderstand and thought this was your first RTA.. ♡

Sorry for that.. good you have a working back-up RTA also.. very important.

Reactions: Ruben41771

Ruben41771

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2019
South Africa, Cape Town
Okay.. I did misunderstand and thought this was your first RTA.. ♡

Sorry for that.. good you have a working back-up RTA also.. very important.
Its no prob.
But thanks for all the opions and suggestions i will take it all in to consideration :). But i wont touch this rta again its a hopeless case.
The main thing i actually wanted to get thru with this thread is how helpfull geek vape was, i am in south africa they in china and all they could have said is sort it out with the local supplier, they really help me in a way that i am very happy with.

Ruben41771

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2019
South Africa, Cape Town
I'm having a lot of issues with my Zeus X as well. Nothing so hard as a flooded deck, but a complete flavourless vapor and some dry hits, even post lots of builds and wicks. Just tried another one setup to test this week, let's see if it works this time.
Good luck man, the prob with muted flavor ( well how i found it ) was too much wicking, should wick it tight in the coils and thin the ends out real good, for me it gave best flavor with heavy thinned out ends too almost the point of flooding, but there is a really thin line then cause not enough it floods and too much the flavor is muted, i had to really thin it out alot more than my other rta's to get the best flavor from it.
If you have cotton to practice on thin it out alot, still muted than thin some more, until it is spitting and gurgling then just ad a little more ..
I know not the best method but thats what worked for me for flavor the first week or 2 while it was still working.
My problem is everytime i fill it now it floods i dont even have to smoke for it to flood and doesnt matter if i cram the cotton in.

Reactions: vimagreg

Ruben41771

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2019
South Africa, Cape Town
And scottich roll works great.
There are so many vids on you tube, some say cram the cotton in some say thin it out like heavy, so best is to keep on practicing, but dont be afraid to thin out a little bit more than allways. I was using 3mm coils think they the best for the tank.
But i am sure there is alot of zeus x users here that will tell you the perfect way to wick it. I just mostly used cotton bacon v2 and prime cause there cotton comes in nice " sections " so you kan keep track of how much you use at a time and then can adjust with little bit more or less after that.

Last edited:

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
The only time mine floods is when I don't wick it properly. Or if I leave the cap unscrewed for a few minutes after filling. Hope your new unit fixes the problem, post back here if it doesn't.

Also, try Rayon for flavor. Did you know that cotton is just inferior rayon contaminated with other random stuff? Or, expressed less sensationally, Rayon and cotton are both primarily cellulose, but cotton is only 90% pure.

Reactions: Ruben41771

Ruben41771

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2019
South Africa, Cape Town
The only time mine floods is when I don't wick it properly. Or if I leave the cap unscrewed for a few minutes after filling. Hope your new unit fixes the problem, post back here if it doesn't.

Also, try Rayon for flavor. Did you know that cotton is just inferior rayon contaminated with other random stuff? Or, expressed less sensationally, Rayon and cotton are both primarily cellulose, but cotton is only 90% pure.
Yip, the wicking is very touchy on this one, well you can just stuff it in then it wont flood but will be a muted vape.
Cotton options in south africa is not alot, whe have a couple of options but the nice stuff i hear about like rayon and something like ken do or something is not in SA, mostly cotton bacon, nasty juice premium and some few others but options is a bit limited.
My tank still works if i only fill up with up 1ml or so but even quarter fill and it will flood, think its a old zeus prob same as some of the prev versions.

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
I think Rayon is used in beauty shops for removing makeup or something. If you know anyone who works in a shop they might be able to hook you up. I got 12 meters of the stuff for a low price.

opR3kit.png

edit: haha it looks like the beauty industry has their own cotton vs rayon debate going

Last edited:

vimagreg

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2019
Good luck man, the prob with muted flavor ( well how i found it ) was too much wicking, should wick it tight in the coils and thin the ends out real good, for me it gave best flavor with heavy thinned out ends too almost the point of flooding, but there is a really thin line then cause not enough it floods and too much the flavor is muted, i had to really thin it out alot more than my other rta's to get the best flavor from it.
If you have cotton to practice on thin it out alot, still muted than thin some more, until it is spitting and gurgling then just ad a little more ..
I know not the best method but thats what worked for me for flavor the first week or 2 while it was still working.
My problem is everytime i fill it now it floods i dont even have to smoke for it to flood and doesnt matter if i cram the cotton in.
That's exactly what I did today. Very thin cotton in extremities, good one inside the coils. Started to spit back. Put a thin peel of cotton in extremities. Stop to spit back. First tank, till now, still muted flavour. Let's see during the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread