Feb 9, 2019

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I'm having a lot of issues with my Zeus X as well. Nothing so hard as a flooded deck, but a complete flavourless vapor and some dry hits, even post lots of builds and wicks. Just tried another one setup to test this week, let's see if it works this time.

Have you tried using rayon for your wicking! A lot forgiving than cotton I’m told. I use it in the X and it works perfectly with awesome flavor.

Here are a couple of pics of my coil placement. That’s usually the no 1 issue with muted flavor. This is a single coil ss316l 4mm id at around 0.5 ohms vaping at mid to upper 30 watts.

See if you can get some flavor using this type of build.
19405FF4-358D-4936-9876-24171F957CEB.jpeg

89A48EAA-7FAB-4BC8-847A-992A22FB03AD.jpeg

74A6EEE7-CB0D-4ED6-8DB3-892056A007FE.jpeg

vimagreg

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2019
Have you tried using rayon for your wicking! A lot forgiving than cotton I’m told. I use it in the X and it works perfectly with awesome flavor.

Here are a couple of pics of my coil placement. That’s usually the no 1 issue with muted flavor. This is a single coil ss316l 4mm id at around 0.5 ohms vaping at mid to upper 30 watts.

See if you can get some flavor using this type of build.
View attachment 810661
View attachment 810665
View attachment 810663
Thanks for the tip. I've tried 3mm, and today I build 3.5mm. Thought 4mm would be too radical... But it's on my list. SS316L, too. I tried Kanthal and Ni80, today was my first SS build. Rayon I won't be able to test, because it doesn't exist here where I do live - Brazil. But if I find it, I'll try it.

Thanks for the tips, I'll try it.

Geekvape_Official

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2017
www.geekvape.com
Hey guys and girls

I am from sunny south africa and just want to share my experience with the zeus x and geekvape china customer support. Sry if my spelling is bit weird but eng is not my first lingo ...

First let me get the coils and cotton i used out the way.

Mod :
Voopoo Drag 2

Rta :
Zeus X Black

Coils :
1) Coils that came with zeus x
2) 4 x Framed Staple Twisted Coil 0.2ohm ( geekvape )
3) 4 x Framed Staple Fused Clapton Coil 0.25ohm ( geekvape )
4) Vape Creations - 6 Core Parallel Coil - Ni80 Prebuilt 6 pack ( 28x5 40g )

Cotton :
1) Cotton Bacon V2
2) Cotton Bacon Prime
3) Nasty juice Premium Cotton

Juice : all 6mg
Bazooka Sour Straws, Ruthless Glazed Donuts - Smores, Charlies Chalk Campfire, Zonk Cotton Candy - Mixed Berrys and a few others ...

So here's my storie going to try to keep it short.

Bought the zeus x on release date, first week or 2 it was flawless, gave me time to perfect my wicking, tank has amazing flavor if you get it right !!

After about 2 weeks every other thank i fill up with juice it flooded the deck, when i tried to smoke alot of gurgling and about half a tank will be gone, have to tip it over so all the extra liquid can drain then i can smoke more or less. Thought this was bit weird but since it only done it every other tank didnt pay much attetion to it, since it was only any other tank and only on refill.

After about 3 weeks when i rebuild with fresh cotton and cleaned the coils the tank will flood with a fresh rebuild. This will happen with every build and every refill, doesnt matter if i use alot of cotton or thinned it out same results. In a week i used 2 bags of cotton and about 10 coils to try and fix but nothing worked, wasted alot of cotton and coils and alot of my juice, juice arent cheap in SA not by a long shot !!
So started to replace all the o rings, but this also didnt help the tank will flood on que now, every time i rebuild or fill up it flooded was sad actually :(

On week 4 i gave up on the rta cause bought it to stop smoking and buying expensive coils with my sub ohm tanks.
I contacted the shop i bought it from and they say they dont replace tanks, they will try to fix it but i have to pay for shipping and labour, the priced the gave me worked out more than a new zeus x rta so that wasnt an option even tho the tank is still under warranty.
I was left with only one option and that is to submit a ticket to geekvape china and hope for the best, but i didnt really have any hope cause i am in SA and sending the rta that side will cost way too much ..

To my surprice i recived a email 2 days later from geekvape trying to help.

So this is where my happy storie starts :)

Geekvape representative : Luis Lau

She got hold of me and ask for a vid, i upload a vid for her and 2 days later ask for the code under the scratch on the box, another day later she said geekvape will replace my zeus x rta and courier it to SA from china, and seems all on their expence :)

I have to say to geekvape support and to Luis you guys/girls give beyond excellent service and i wont hesitate to by from geekvape again !!!
With service like this from around the world i couldnt ask for more or better service. Well whould have loved a zeus x rta that worked flawless but that didnt happen, but since the support is so good i am still very happy with everything.

Thanks every one for reading my storie and thanks Luis for helping me :)

Thank you for shouting out.
It's glad you are satisfied with our customer service.
Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Ruben41771

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2019
South Africa, Cape Town
Just a update on this.
Got a tracking number 3 weeks ago when i started this thread, email said have to wait 3-5 working days for it to show up for tracking, but from the start i knew this track number was weird, it was from russia to netherlands but since shipping companies some times reuse the numbers i waited my 5 working days out, check on day 7 and the shipping number doesn't work. Contacted geekvape again and after a week i got a sry they will check in on this.
Since then they cant provide me a tracking number or even tell me when or if it will be send ...
Seems my praise for geekvape was bit premature should have waited till i actually had the replacement zeus x in my hand before starting this thread.
I will be writing off the idea of getting a replacement zeus x from geekvape, when this problem started they replied every day now i have to wait a week to get some kind of reply and they cant give me any info when this will be replaced :(

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: jim_87

Geekvape_Official

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2017
www.geekvape.com
Just a update on this.
Got a tracking number 3 weeks ago when i started this thread, email said have to wait 3-5 working days for it to show up for tracking, but from the start i knew this track number was weird, it was from russia to netherlands but since shipping companies some times reuse the numbers i waited my 5 working days out, check on day 7 and the shipping number doesn't work. Contacted geekvape again and after a week i got a sry they will check in on this.
Since then they cant provide me a tracking number or even tell me when or if it will be send ...
Seems my praise for geekvape was bit premature should have waited till i actually had the replacement zeus x in my hand before starting this thread.
I will be writing off the idea of getting a replacement zeus x from geekvape, when this problem started they replied every day now i have to wait a week to get some kind of reply and they cant give me any info when this will be replaced :(

Sorry for the late update of the shipping info. The parcel is on its way to Russia. The tracking system for the express company might be a little late, but you may surprised to received the products when the system says it is on the process of shipment sometimes. Please be patient and if you need any help, feel free to contact us.

Ruben41771

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2019
South Africa, Cape Town
Sorry for the late update of the shipping info. The parcel is on its way to Russia. The tracking system for the express company might be a little late, but you may surprised to received the products when the system says it is on the process of shipment sometimes. Please be patient and if you need any help, feel free to contact us.

May i have the tracking number you have ? Cause the number i got doesn't work. If you say it is in russia then you guys must have a number you are tracking that is on the system.

Attachments

• 72E3A667-F488-438F-8503-3CE5C02C5D15.png
    72E3A667-F488-438F-8503-3CE5C02C5D15.png
    371.3 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Eric Wetzel

Jun 6, 2019
I'm having the exact same issue with mine. And I love how people always say "Oh just rebuild, change your coils, you don't have enough cotton" lol.

Or that's what people told me. Sometimes the device is just faulty. The device you and I got. I don't mean the Zeus x as in all of them. This rta has amazing flavor and very smooth. The very first Kylin I had leaked all the time. Everyone told me "Oh it's you, your not putting enough cotton' or don't use premade coils" . We all have been here. Learning to wick our finicky new babies. But If you haven't gotten it down in a few days, then something else is afoot. The Original Kylin that kept leaking on me......I got a new one sent to me
..and Walla. Zero leaks. Same cotton, same kind and ohm of coil. Same juice.

Ruben41771

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2019
South Africa, Cape Town
An update on this :

I received a brand new zeus x black in the mail today, unfortunately it was only the tank no box, but i cant and wont complain about that.
In the end it took 1 month and 1 week to arrive in south africa, and i didn't pay 1 cent.

Just want to thank Luis from geekvape china and geekvape itself again for sorting this out, my tacking number never really worked but in the end i received my replacement zeus so all is good.
And just an apology to geekvape for my last msg stating that they never helped me past a certain point.

In the end everything worked out and seems geekvape really do care about it's customers, can Smok say the same :tumble:.

If a mod can close this pls, think the thread served it's purpose and geekvape delivered, there is a zeus x thread where everyone can tell there story about there zeus x.

Thanks

Last edited:

vimagreg

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2019
I'm glad to read you could solve your problems. My Zeus X still leaks a lot, then when I re-wick it makes too much dry-hits, than I re-wick and it turns to flood again. Unfortunately I had to abandon it, I'm convinced I'm just unable to properly setup it. Using other RTA's without problems. I would really love to be able to using the full potential of this device, but just couldn't... And as I live in Brazil I think GeekVape guys simply cannot help me, it would be simply so much cost for them...

Ruben41771

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2019
South Africa, Cape Town
I'm glad to read you could solve your problems. My Zeus X still leaks a lot, then when I re-wick it makes too much dry-hits, than I re-wick and it turns to flood again. Unfortunately I had to abandon it, I'm convinced I'm just unable to properly setup it. Using other RTA's without problems. I would really love to be able to using the full potential of this device, but just couldn't... And as I live in Brazil I think GeekVape guys simply cannot help me, it would be simply so much cost for them...
You should contact them and try, they are very help full, from china to south africa is also a very long way but they helped, you need the scratch code and they will ask for a video of the problem, a bought another one and had no problems what so ever with it and now i have a new one also problem free.
It's just the first batch in black and gun metal are full of problems and they know it so that why they are more than willing to help, the second one i bought i made sure was from a third shipment so it was ok. This rta delivers amazing flavor if it wasn't for that i would have also given up.

Geekvape_Official

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2017
www.geekvape.com

Just send an Email to support@geekvape.com or message Geekvape on Facebook. Maybe our support team can help.

Vaperite ZA

Unresolved Status
Aug 5, 2022
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier posting

Vaperite ZA

Unresolved Status
Aug 5, 2022
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier posting
Status
Not open for further replies.