Zmax - Sigelei vs Smok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whosback

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Well I have not owned smoke anything, but I do have a mech from sigelei that I like (well like for a mech) and it's very well made.

From what I know Sig has a much better reputation for quality then Smoke, so I would say look closely at the sig. That's just one pancake opinion I could be wrong... I think it happened once in 85 have to check with NASA for the date.

Recon Number 54

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
McKinney, TX
I only have one (the Sigeli V3 telescope) but am incredibly happy with it so far.

I had to rely on online reviews (and a lot of good information in these forums) before making my choice. Unfortunately, I had not yet found a B&M vape shop to speak to someone about the two, handle them, check out their heft, construction, and menus.

So, not completely helpful (I wish that I could give you a personal comparison) but I don't consider my money wasted on my Sigeli. Of course, if it dies tomorrow, you'll hear my .....ing and moaning (especially since we're both in North TX).

PS: I've since found a vape shop that offers a wide variety (don't know if they have both, their stock is constantly changing), but if Allen isn't too far for you, the folks at Royal Vapors were nice, informative, patient and pleasant the times that I have visited.

Best of luck with your decision!

jwat82

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
The Land of Lincoln
I have a Smok Magneto w/ Smok Kick clone which I am absolutely in love with. I don't like any of the Smok clearos or cartos that I've used though. Not a bit. And I a VV Gripper which was what it was, mean pwm which meant it ran hot, but for high voltage vaping it was great. Cheap build quality, but I never dropped it, so it never became an issue. I watched a bunch of reviews before buying so I knew to expect all the things.

Never owned any Sigelei's but, from my reading, they consistently get slightly better reviews while being slightly more expensive on average.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 4

irwink

CASAA Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
Norfolk, Virginia, USA
I bought a Smoktech Vmax and within a short period of time the display started getting wonky but it still works. I bought a Smoktech Zmax and shelved the Vmax. The Zmax started developing fire button issues within weeks of purchase. It would usually start scrolling through the menu changing values before I realized what was happening. That got progressively worse and worse.

And so I bought a Sigelei Zmax telescope. The build quality improvement is instantly recognizable before you even use it. After a few months it performs just like the day I received it.

I'll likely never buy another Smoktech pv based on my own experience.

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...
I've had both and there is (for me) no comparison- the sigelei zmax v3(and now v5) is light years ahead of the smoktech zmax. too bad they have the same name. i'll bet a lot of people bought the smoktech version when they would have been better off getting the sigelei. from the threads to the screen it is just a well made product. it has been my favorite mod in the year I have been vaping. gave the smoktech zmax away.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread