Zodist subscription service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kollin6618

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2014
Denver, CO
Signed up when I saw that half off the first month deal a couple weeks ago. Normally $40 so I paid $20. I noticed they changed their website recently but was wondering what people think of them compared to other monthly services? Haven't gotten my first box yet. I've been with craft vapery and love the juices I got through them so hopefully Zodist is just as good.

em_elle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2014
Martinez California USA
I had terrible luck with Zodist. I ordered 60 mls for $40. In the first box half the juice they sent was flavors I said I absolutely did not want. When I indicated my disappointment they said "oh that's our fault, sorry, just send it back to us and we'll replace it."

Are they kidding? Why should I take my time and my money to send juice back to them? It was their mistake? I don't recommend Zodist at all.

em_elle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2014
Martinez California USA
I had terrible luck with Zodist. I ordered 60 mls for $40. In the first box half the juice they sent was flavors I said I absolutely did not want. When I indicated my disappointment they said "oh that's our fault, sorry, just send it back to us and we'll replace it."

Are they kidding? Why should I take my time and my money to send juice back to them? It was their mistake? I don't recommend Zodist at all.

Michelle from Zodist wrote me back to say they would replace the 30ml with something that would match my flavor profile. I'll give them that chance and if they get it right I will take back everything I said about them. Here's to hoping it all works out. I want to like them. stay tuned.

Kollin6618

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2014
Denver, CO
Just updating. Got 60mls and was packaged in a little black box with a bow. They also threw in a free drip tip (though I'm not into ponies which is what's on it lol). The juices I got were: The Mad Alchemist - Fairy Dust Elixir, Vapor Technologies - Laufey, Utopia - Shangri-la. Couple of fruits and a menthol tobacco with a hint of berry. They smell pretty good so they do show promise. Also came with a hand written note. Everything looks great so far.

Kollin6618

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2014
Denver, CO
Their normal going rate is $40.00 and you only get 60 ml's of liquid? I can think of at least one place I can blow $40.00 and get 120 ml's of premium liquid - and actually get what I want to try. At some point some of these places make no financial sense at all.

It's pretty consistent with other subscription services. Every time I've received a box from Craft Vapery and Zodist I check the retail price of each liquid. I've saved money every time if I had bought them separately. The point of these subscriptions is to try different juices from different brands. Sure I can spend $40 somewhere else and get more juice that I like and from a brand I like but again it's about trying different things. Plus I can cancel anytime. I also think it's fun to try new brands and try new juices I may not have thought to try before. I've already found a couple of juices I'll be buying again.

etchie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Winter Springs, FL, USA
It's pretty consistent with other subscription services. Every time I've received a box from Craft Vapery and Zodist I check the retail price of each liquid. I've saved money every time if I had bought them separately. The point of these subscriptions is to try different juices from different brands. Sure I can spend $40 somewhere else and get more juice that I like and from a brand I like but again it's about trying different things. Plus I can cancel anytime. I also think it's fun to try new brands and try new juices I may not have thought to try before. I've already found a couple of juices I'll be buying again.

Yeah, I just signed up a couple days ago and and I thought of it this way: You know when you go to the vape store and there are flavors that keep catching your eye but you keep getting something else that's more in your comfort zone? Basically, something that you would probably like but not necessarily pick up. That's what I'm looking for. This isn't going to be all the liquid I get so I'm still going to be going about and picking flavors myself. I can't wait! I basically came on here to see if anyone mentions when during the month they get sent, or if they send them according to the date that you signed up.

Kollin6618

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2014
Denver, CO
Yeah, I just signed up a couple days ago and and I thought of it this way: You know when you go to the vape store and there are flavors that keep catching your eye but you keep getting something else that's more in your comfort zone? Basically, something that you would probably like but not necessarily pick up. That's what I'm looking for. This isn't going to be all the liquid I get so I'm still going to be going about and picking flavors myself. I can't wait! I basically came on here to see if anyone mentions when during the month they get sent, or if they send them according to the date that you signed up.

I believe on their site they say they send out on the 27th though I know mine arrived earlier than that in April. They do put your regular bill date as the day you first paid. So I paid first on 4/3 so my next was 5/3. I did however email them and they were kind enough to move my bill date closer to the ship date. Nice people there.

firephly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
CA
I got my box last week, they promised me 3 particular flavors and only delivered on two, the 3rd one didn't match my flavor profile so i emailed them and never heard back. Very poor customer service, don't recommend. Try craft vapery or drip club if you want a subscription service.

I thought I'd come back and update everyone on my Zodist experience since it came up in here the other day.

I ordered from them and received my first box a couple weeks ago. Two of my three juices were outside my requested profile. I contacted them and they asked that I return the incorrect ones. I wasn't happy about it but decided to go ahead and do it, give them a chance to fix it.

I received my replacements today. One of the two was again outside my requested profile and the package arrived POSTAGE DUE. They put one stamp on an envelope with 45ml of juice enclosed. I emailed them explaining that I had tried to give them the benefit of the doubt and spent money to allow them to fix the issue. This was more than I was willing to accept and wished to cancel my subscription.

No response except an automated paypal notification that they had cancelled my next withdrawal. I am seriouslY disappointed. This company has beautiful presentation. So much work going into that, yet they neglect the more important stuff such as sending what they promised and paying for it to get here. They have already been paid for another shipment, wonder if they will deliver on that.

Sigh. I wish I could say I was surprised. Whenever communication goes dark with any business relationship, it is time to worry. I haven't heard a thing ever since they said they'd replace the bottle. They never did.

etchie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Winter Springs, FL, USA
I didn't have a bad experience with Zodist at all, I just decided that I wasn't as fond of the whole idea as I thought I was. As soon as I ordered the service I started thinking about all the juices I planned on trying and the service I was paying for was really cutting into that. I get how these services make money though. I did the 60ml for $40 plan and basically you get 2 premium bottles (one 15 and one 30) and one cheap one. I knew they had to be making their money somehow. The juices they picked out for me were a bit safe. Just the kind I like. I was fine with that though, because they were both from brands I had never even heard of and they were outstanding. If you find you truly want to get juice picked out for you (and the appeal is definitely there), I'd say Zodist would work out for you. I don't know how consistent they are though, as I only got one package from them. I was going to check out Zamplebox but I keep hearing awful things about them. Luckily, if I were to want to try a service again, I'm one of those people that likes just about anything (other than flavors with anise in them). There's not much I won't enjoy vaping.

catmomma

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
DC Metro Area
I can say with absolute conviction that if you want to try a curation service that it top of the line, not just in juice but in exemplary customer service, then try Craft Vapery. Their profiling system works. You can add notes to your profile to further clarify. You can e-mail or call them at any time, for any reason. They respond immediately. This month a couple of us subscribers were discussing issues on the ECF forum. They saw the posts and contacted us, without us having to contact them. That's how committed they are. The juices are top shelf they even have Five Pawns in their assortment. I absolutely love the juices and services they provide.

Frisco Vic

Jul 16, 2014
United States
I can say with absolute conviction that if you want to try a curation service that it top of the line, not just in juice but in exemplary customer service, then try Craft Vapery. Their profiling system works. You can add notes to your profile to further clarify. You can e-mail or call them at any time, for any reason. They respond immediately. This month a couple of us subscribers were discussing issues on the ECF forum. They saw the posts and contacted us, without us having to contact them. That's how committed they are. The juices are top shelf they even have Five Pawns in their assortment. I absolutely love the juices and services they provide.
You can do all that with Zodist as well, you can add notes and/or email them to further perfect your flavor profile.

Kendogalopigus

Jul 22, 2014
Manteca, CA, USA
i haven't signed up for a subscription service (yet) i go exclusively to my local shop Aces of Vape they have a free Vape Bar so you can try the juices before buying or just chill and vape some stuff you don't have, and i throw a dollar or two in the tip jar if i don't buy. im still new to vaping so other then their house juices Vipers Vapor the only premiums i have gotten were from Gemini Vapors. got to try all of them except the creme de la creme (didn't have that one :( ) and i bought a bottle of Octo which has been my favorite so far and i will be buying much more of that lol. they also have a juice card for the house juices so when you buy 5 you get the 6th free, they come in 15 ml bottles for $10.84 after tax which i guess is a bit pricey but im more paying for the service and friendly atmosphere which is just awesome.

just today i went by there and 2 guys were sitting at the bar and Anne a lady that works there was helping them and as i walked in she said "hi kenny" which is also awesome its like my own Cheers lol. i sat down and began trying new flavors and talking with 2 guys i probably never would have talked to under other circumstances but there the 4 of us were like we were good friends talking about this that and the other.

cant get that kind of experience through the mail lol

edit: derp forgot to get to the point that i think ill start my mail juices with sample packs first before i do a subscription but i cant wait to expand my journey of e-juice lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread