• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

ZombieTactics youtube

Status
Not open for further replies.
subscribed...i like the first video, showing how much a 1000 rounds of different calibers weigh. I also like that he suggested the 22LR round. 1000 rounds of 22lr, 8 pounds...nice! 1000 rounds of surplus 9mm, 60 pounds...that means, if my math is correct, that instead of carrying 1000 rounds of 9mm, I can carry 7,500 rounds of 22lr. Again, the 22lr is looking like an excellent choice for zombie survival.

the 22lr is looking like an excellent choice for zombie survival.

yea but my 22 i can only get a good shot at 160 yards to much more and its to far off for a good head shot il still wont a ak47 or the ak 74u for the o .... times and a sniper but ill proby never have a sniper lol kind of over kill for zombies but still fun to know how to snipe thats whut i do a lot in in cod mw lol and i still need to get a glock win i can all i have is a 22lr and my dads 38 special http://bfoster.org/Colt_Revolvers/Officers_Model_Special_38.jpg

I got bigger guns, but I had mentioned on another thread before if I could only have 1 gun, it would be my 22... I prefer to have my 22 magnum over the lr, but either way...you can hunt with it, (large and small game), you can defend yourself, you can carry LOTS of ammo, like the guy said-1000 rounds = 8 pounds, and its relatively quiet, so you wont give up your position every time you need to shoot it.

I personally wont be shooting over 100 yards. I figure if the Z's are 100+ yards away, keep low and quiet and let them move along. No sense in getting them all worked up and headed your way for no reason. Mutt's first rule of survival is to survive...dont take unneeded chances (or I guess we can go the Zombieland route and say rule #32 Dont be a hero)

As far as a handgun, I will get a bunch of crap over this, but I HATE Glocks. I will put my Springfield up against a Glock any day, any time, any place. I never bought into all the hype around Glocks... I also am not a fan of the entire AR platform.

Tell you what I do like... A good old cheap ... Mossberg pump 12 gauge. loaded with 00buck x2, then rifled slug x1, 00buck x2, rifled slug x1.... I am wanting to get a 590 which can be up to a nine shot, and that will give me an extra 00buck x2 and rifled slug x1. Of course thats using 2 3/4 shells...if i go the 3" or the 3 1/2" shells, I cant get that many loaded... I do have quite a few 3" shells already, but dont have any 3 1/2".

whynotvap

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
amerika
I've got to agree with mutt on this one with a couple minor differences. For pistol, they're all about equally worthless in a prepared survival role. Pistols are a 'sneaky' weapon for close quarters when you can't openly display a more capable weapon or you need the weapon to be secured closely to your body (and don't have a tactical harness/sling). So if I HAD to have a pistol, I'd take a Ruger .22lr or Automag in .22Mag. Why? Because a head shot, is a head shot, is a head shot! If it's close enough that you can't avoid it by other means, it's close enough to shoot in the head. Same logic for the shotgun as well, skip the OO buck and slugs unless you're actually shooting a deer. One small pellet bouncing around in the skull will do just as well as taking the whole head off. Use the pistol rounds in a carbine where they can be more effective or better yet, save them for bartering for ammo that you can use or food to eat. As a last resort, I'd use handguns and shotguns as a visual threat against other living humans who still perceive them as threats or who played too much Resident Evil :p In a post SHTF scenario, ALL resources have to be used to their maximum effectiveness and that includes gunpowder and lead! The .22 biggest drawback is that it can't be reloaded. Once used, it's just a hunk of dirty brass. Hmm, I may have to pick up a .45 Long Colt, the cases were designed for black powder (which can be mfg easier than smokeless) and still perform well.

whynotvap

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
amerika
I finally got a chance to watch some of his videos just now. I had to laugh when I got to the gun-fu pound for pound one. Even I had misjudged the .45 acp weight compared to 9mm! I can't completely throw mine out though, I think the reduced powder per round will work out to an overall advantage. Same with the .223 vs 7.62x39. Most of the stuff out there (SKS/AK) is steel cased and berdan primed which can't be reloaded for two reasons. Obvious first one is that it's coated steel (can't resize it), and secondly, the Berdan primers have 2 or more flash holes which makes replacing the primers if not impossible, very difficult.

Another video of ZombieTactics that's a must see is the "Survival on the Cheap" pt 1 and 2. I had to laugh when he mentioned the name of the larger flashlight's low buck replacement. On the plus side, with my Buzz VV, I have plenty of batteries to spread between the flashlight and PV :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread